Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

School opening got delayed cause of flooding so my daughter has been playing BotW nonstop all week instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Watched all the memories, now invading the castle and absolutely clowning in Ganon’s minions.

You can ride the master cycle around outside too which is cool. Such a great reward in a video game, if not the best.

Ride it up the castle stairs like bluto in animal house.

e: oops, that wasn’t bluto but you know what i mean. rip john belushi.

President Beep fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 9, 2021

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

American McGay posted:

Link Between Worlds is goated.

yah.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

American McGay posted:

Link Between Worlds is goated.
I know the 3DS did really well but LBW feels like it was overlooked. It's almost a shame that it was one of the few titles to use the 3D really well because otherwise it would be perfect on Switch

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i only ever beat link between worlds and botw. i need to actually finish the original, link to the past, and ocarina of time but i always put them down and forget what i was doing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you should make a thread where you document your efforts trying to beat link to the past, maybe set a deadline to motivate yourself, say a year.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
botw is the first zelda game I’ve ever beaten :kiddo:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

you should make a thread where you document your efforts trying to beat link to the past, maybe set a deadline to motivate yourself, say a year.

there's no way anyone could beat link to the past in just one year!!!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

President Beep posted:

botw is the first zelda game I’ve ever beaten :kiddo:

Same. I’ve tried the old ones at various times but something else usually grabs my attention before I get anywhere. Just don’t have any nostalgia fuelling me. I actually almost beat OoT once but I got caught up doing some obstacle course in the Gerudo town never turned it on again.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Imo Link’s Awakening is a good start into classic Zelda’s, if someone is interested in trying them. It’s not too long, not too hard, mechanics are similar to LttP and it’s very, very charming (especially the remake with it’s micro scale look).

Currently finishing the only Zelda I never finished (but started) - Skyward Sword - and oh my god I can’t wait to have this one finished….it’s way too long…

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the only zelda i never finished is triforce heroes. and any of those cd i games and whatever.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think I've finished all the 3D ones and most of the 2D ones but for some reason I always get bored and peter out about halfway through OoT. Might make a concentrated effort to play through it soon

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

i recommend playing twilight princess and wind waker when they are released for nintendo switch later this year

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

drat, i would definitely buy a windwaker HD thingy.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I am playing wind waker and twilight princess in hd on WiiU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i love wind waker. the stealth section stressed my little siblings out so much that I always got to play it for them whenever they started a new game. Game owns tremendously

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
One of my top tier Zelda memories is in Link Between Worlds when I wandered into the volcano with like 5 hearts and my cheeks were squeezed tight the entire way down from top to bottom. Just the feeling of being somewhere I wasn't supposed to be on the verge of getting my rear end kicked was crazy exciting

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Just the feeling of being somewhere I wasn't supposed to be on the verge of getting my rear end kicked was crazy exciting

I get the same rush when i visit the hardwood aisles at Lowe’s. Like a bunch of crusty old woodworker dudes standing around waiting to get all in your face the second you gently caress up and choose an excessively cupped red oak plank

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bouillon Rube posted:

I get the same rush when i visit the hardwood aisles at Lowe’s. Like a bunch of crusty old woodworker dudes standing around waiting to get all in your face the second you gently caress up and choose an excessively cupped red oak plank

lol

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Bouillon Rube posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bouillon Rube posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

gotta get those little thrills. nervously hiding my soft, pink office worker hands at the home depot as i nod gruntfully at the lumber, then running away tittering when i hear "can i help you find something?" from behind me. wonder if those orange aprons are available for a little roleplay ;)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Bouillon Rube posted:

lmao

Bicyclops posted:

gotta get those little thrills. nervously hiding my soft, pink office worker hands at the home depot as i nod gruntfully at the lumber, then running away tittering when i hear "can i help you find something?" from behind me. wonder if those orange aprons are available for a little roleplay ;)

seeing how many buttons done on my shirt looks the toughest in my rear-view mirror.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
a new 2D zelda would own

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

I’m playing ocarina of time with my son. He was blown away that the deku tree had a dungeon inside him

Can’t get him to tell me what he thought was gonna happen when he ran in his mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

AdmiralViscen posted:

I’m playing ocarina of time with my son. He was blown away that the deku tree had a dungeon inside him

Can’t get him to tell me what he thought was gonna happen when he ran in his mouth

:kiddo: