Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
deflecting ganon's magic back at with him with a bottle ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

EmmyOk posted:

playing through Skyward Sword and imo it has a lot of influence on botw

I’ve been trying to get into it on wii, and I just can’t. The controls are too godawful. Think I’ll get it for switch if anything.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
Got to the lastish floor on sword trials and they make me fight a lynel I can barely beat those things with an inventory full of foods

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Food Boner posted:

Got to the lastish floor on sword trials and they make me fight a lynel I can barely beat those things with an inventory full of foods

They give you the instant kill arrows throughout the trials for a reason lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

the first trials were the hardest just because of how poo poo the weapons were. I only almost failed the last one because I wasted too many arrows on the first flying guardian because i didnt know how to kill them except risking it all doing parries.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

there were a couple that were really badly balanced for master mode especially, one with a bunch of... silver lizalfos? Floor 10. It was cool to come up with a way to beat it but man that was not intended to be as hard as it was

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The ones where you’re floating around in your underpants with no weapons trying to kill bokoblins firing bomb arrows ftw.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I liked the one hit obliterate trials

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The ones where you’re floating around in your underpants with no weapons trying to kill bokoblins firing bomb arrows ftw.

Please stop sharing my dream journal entries.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

President Beep posted:

I’ve been trying to get into it on wii, and I just can’t. The controls are too godawful. Think I’ll get it for switch if anything.

it's much better on switch. enjoy, friend

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

They give you the instant kill arrows throughout the trials for a reason lol

wait do ancient arrows one shot anything 🤯

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That Wii controls are really good imo, wiimotion plus and skyward strike ftw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Food Boner posted:

wait do ancient arrows one shot anything 🤯
Anything apart from bosses yeah, guardians need to be hit in the eye but that's it. You don't get any loot but who cares

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Anything apart from bosses yeah, guardians need to be hit in the eye but that's it. You don't get any loot but who cares

Those ancients can make a drat fine arrow

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

there were a couple that were really badly balanced for master mode especially, one with a bunch of... silver lizalfos? Floor 10. It was cool to come up with a way to beat it but man that was not intended to be as hard as it was

master mode suck balls

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

master mode suck balls

This.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

master mode suck balls

the regenerating health on enemies is staggeringly r-worded

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

i had this combo oracle of seasons/ages player's guide as a kid, but i only ever owned Seasons. i made do by repeatedly reading through the Ages portion of the guide and pretending to play through it with my imagination...anyways thanks to this thread and its demented predecessor I'm going to replay awakening DX, seasons, and finally a linked save playthrough of ages

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

regenerating health on enemies

gently caress this.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

President Beep posted:

gently caress this.
it's awful, they start gaining health back about 5-10 seconds after you last hit them. I was hoping it was going to be a sort of desperate survival experience where you really have to rely on physics tricks, traps, ambushes etc to beat a lot of enemies but instead literally the only viable option (other than knocking stuff off cliffs) is face to face fighting lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Calamity ganon fight was badass but I screwed the pooch on the immediate follow up. At least I don’t have to start over.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
Which part?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

when beast ganon is almost dead I couldn’t figure out how to kill him and then ended up dying. In retrospect i think i need to sword plunge onto his back

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

President Beep posted:

when beast ganon is almost dead I couldn’t figure out how to kill him and then ended up dying. In retrospect i think i need to sword plunge onto his back
oh that part is really dumb and annoying, but no, it's something far less satisfying than that

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I did it a couple weeks ago and don't even remember

I wish they'd let you take a victory lap around Hyrule after you finished Gannon tho

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

For real. The ending was nice but yeah, it would’ve been cool to have some post-game stuff. Kinda like the scouring of the shire or something.

On second thought, maybe not. I just don’t think I wanted the main story to end. :unsmith:

President Beep fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 4, 2021

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I just want to follow up with beedle and kass and act indignant after they don't thank me for saving hyrule

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I played 200+ hours and saved Hyrule Castle for the very last, and I'm glad I did. I knew that once I beat Ganon, my motivation to continue playing was going to drop precipitously.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Goblin Craft posted:

I played 200+ hours and saved Hyrule Castle for the very last, and I'm glad I did. I knew that once I beat Ganon, my motivation to continue playing was going to drop precipitously.

this

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’ve been doing that on my second run. Actually got all the shrines this time and upgraded the Master Sword. Am doing the Champions Ballad now and will probably use the cycle to get as much korok as I can stomach and farm the rest of the weapons parts I need before. Then I’ll finally watch all the memories once more in canonical order and kill Ganon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Finally ready to fight Ganon.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
nice healthbar

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
drat whats ur stamina

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

get his rear end.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Finally ready to fight Ganon.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

My friend's girlfriend has played BOTW for literally like 2000 hours somehow and I'm both weirded out and kind of jealous that someone could enjoy a game that much

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Food Boner posted:

drat whats ur stamina

Full. I got all the shrines.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Watched all the memories, now invading the castle and absolutely clowning in Ganon’s minions.

You can ride the master cycle around outside too which is cool. Such a great reward in a video game, if not the best.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Watched all the memories, now invading the castle and absolutely clowning in Ganon’s minions.

You can ride the master cycle around outside too which is cool. Such a great reward in a video game, if not the best.

see if you can pick up on all the musical cues in ganon's castle. there are obvious ones like hyrule castle and zelda's lullaby but there are some surprises in there too. breath of the wild owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Link Between Worlds is goated.