Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
just jump in and grab em with your hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I like fishing minigames, but it would be so out of place in botw lol. Like what tools do you even have that are like fishing rods, aside from the runes (which were made to help you figght/get ready for Ganon) and the weapons you pick up. Just loling at getting into a whole dumb fishing sidequest and upgrading otherwise useless rods so you can get 100 rupees from thimble dick the stable hand.

perhaps you could throw ganon's balls back at him with the fishing rod just as you can with the bug net in LttP...

but you make a good point and i can see why they wouldnt add a fishing rod since BotW is about giving you only a few tools but letting you do a lot of things with them and the fishing rod would be kinda useless except for fishing

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

I catch fish in botw by swimming next to them an d pressing the A button, like a man

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

I catch fish in botw by swimming next to them an d pressing the A button, like a man

Which gear set has the noodlin’ buff?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I like fishing minigames, but it would be so out of place in botw lol. Like what tools do you even have that are like fishing rods, aside from the runes

You would have a fishing rod dumbass.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I like fishing minigames, but it would be so out of place in botw lol. Like what tools do you even have that are like fishing rods, aside from the runes (which were made to help you figght/get ready for Ganon) and the weapons you pick up. Just loling at getting into a whole dumb fishing sidequest and upgrading otherwise useless rods so you can get 100 rupees from thimble dick the stable hand.

that would pwn though

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Im glad that the professionals at Nintendo are in charge of making the Games smdh

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Its a sippery slope from "BotW needs a fishing minigame" to doing the soyjack pointing at epona's weather sensitive horse clit.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

never could get the big one in Ocarina of Time, huh?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Its a sippery slope from "BotW needs a fishing minigame" to doing the soyjack pointing at epona's weather sensitive horse clit.

i think i saw this on newgrounds back in the day

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

keep fish at the top of the water, but have a fishing rod to catch fish if you don't see any at the surface

copy
Jul 26, 2007

I think fishing in the new BotW would be a lot of fun. There's a lot of fun in the first one from just being a weird grubby little woodsman and that fits with it.

also i want fishing shrines

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

they are called Cabelas and they have them all over the US.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

President Beep posted:

they are called Cabelas and they have them all over the US.

Someone paste in botws shrine detector

copy
Jul 26, 2007

oggb
Feb 19, 2021

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Pablo would have done it way batter.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Fishing rod is a 5 attack sword but when you try to throw it it launches the hook and not the rod. And there it is.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

it would be cool to be able to yank weapons or shields off enemies with a fishing rod

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

it would be cool to be able to yank weapons or shields off enemies with a fishing rod

yeh, or like pull apples off trees or grab lizards and stuff

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

yeah like some kind of “hook-shot” I guess you’d call it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

did somebody say hook shot?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

yeah like some kind of “hook-shot” I guess you’d call it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol…..i love this guy.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

lol…..i love this guy.

same

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fishing rod should be like the bombs where you can upgrade it. Fully upgraded it should be able to snag and whip around smaller enemies like Bokoblins

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

put a piece of cooked meat on as bait and sit down with it dangling off a cliff so moblins slam into the cliff side

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

put a piece of cooked meat on as bait and sit down with it dangling off a cliff so moblins slam into the cliff side

lol yes

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

hop on a stalmoblin's shoulders and dangle its head in front of him to ride in style

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Imp magic do your thing please god

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

if not the hookshot then at least the whip

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Fishing rod should be like the bombs where you can upgrade it. Fully upgraded it should be able to snag and whip around smaller enemies like Bokoblins

You start out with a ronco pocket fisherman but you can eventually upgrade it to what the pros use.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Breath of the Wild 2 needs that cane from Minish Cap that just flips things upside down.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

basically this

elf help book posted:

botw is a new 3rd type of zelda after 2d and 3d

and im so friggin pumped to see where they go from here

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i hope there's like 5 real dungeons and they all work like hyrule castle, because i thought botw was hype as gently caress but needed something substantial. WW succeeded in this way.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What I hope is that the big dungeons, however they work, all have a different visual style from each other.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Breath of the Wild 2 needs that cane from Minish Cap that just flips things upside down.

You come across a turtle in the desert. You use the cane of pacci on it. The tortoise lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't. Not without your help. But you're not using the cane of pacci on it again. Why are you not using the cane of pacci again?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bring back the weird thing from Twilight Princess where if you cast your fishing line in the final battle, Ganondorf would lower his guard to stare at it like a doofus and you could quickly attack him

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

bring back the weird thing from Twilight Princess where if you cast your fishing line in the final battle, Ganondorf would lower his guard to stare at it like a doofus and you could quickly attack him

They did. It was the net in Skyward Sword

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

playing through Skyward Sword and imo it has a lot of influence on botw