Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Watching the sunrise out on the open seas. Now that’s gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

AverySpecialfriend posted:

All Zeldas should be on the switch

:hai:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wind Waker still has the best combat in the series. I liked Twilight Princess but it felt like a step back.

the enemy design in TP was cool, I loved the look of the shadow monsters

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I had these Ocarina of Time action figures for about a week as a kid. I exclusively played with them in the front yard because it only felt right to have a big field for Link to run around it. One night I left them outside and the next morning my dad ran over all three of them with the lawn mower.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

NienNunb posted:

I had these Ocarina of Time action figures for about a week as a kid. I exclusively played with them in the front yard because it only felt right to have a big field for Link to run around it. One night I left them outside and the next morning my dad ran over all three of them with the lawn mower.

I had these. RIP my dude

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

mkvltra posted:

I had these. RIP my dude

Me too, no idea what happened to them.

I think I'm going to play Zelda 1 again soon. Heck I might play all of the console games again over the course of the year, it's been too long. Never beat Adventure of Link, will this be the year? All this Wind waker talk has me jonesing for some classic adventure goodness. Thank you Miyamoto and Aonuma for decades of great games and memories.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What did he do

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

What did he do

Didn't play Zelda.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Thinking about playing Spirit Tracks

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Didn't play Zelda.

False.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Don’t come near this good thread you pervert

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Don’t come near this good thread you pervert

I’m glad your toys got run over.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

how's links awakening

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice gangtags bro.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
just finished my third divine beast :yeah:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

net cafe scandal posted:

Mods?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I want to replay the 3DS Zelda, I liked the Sand Rod and how it looked

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Going through a little bit of a gaming funk right now and Zelda is the only medicine. Bought BOTW on the Switch after beating it a coupla years ago on the WiiU, I'm instantly back in love with that game and its put me back in "I want to play [game]" mode instead of "I should play [game]" mode.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Arrhythmia posted:

Didn't play Zelda.

Every imp thoughtfully rubbing their chin waiting for the first person to suggest Murder so we can all agree

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

AverySpecialfriend posted:

All Zeldas should be on the switch

all i want is the oracle games on the switch and the 3ds games and the GBA games and the other zelda games

zelda ftw

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Are the DS ones worth playing? Not sure if I can fully commit to touchscreen controls

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmfao just saw the NCS gangtags, possibly the most brutal take down redetxt possible on an imp

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bouillon Rube posted:

Are the DS ones worth playing? Not sure if I can fully commit to touchscreen controls

They’re okay, but yeah you’d better get used to touchscreen controls if you’re gonna play them. I’d say they’re still worth playing just by virtue of being Zelda games

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
hi imp zone zelda thread. i recently got a switch lite after not having a console for years and years and also got breath of the wild. it’s so drat good and probably my favorite game pretty much ever.

I’ve also been emulating skyward sword and twilight princess since i missed out on them first time around and i gotta say, botw really um…spoiled me. Alas!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
anyway I’m here to chill out and talk zelda.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

President Beep posted:

anyway I’m here to chill out and talk zelda.

this guy gets it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I kinda wanna get the Skyward Sword remaster... I gave up on it when I played on Wii but I could always use more Zelda in my life

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ngl, the links awakening re-release on switch looks nice as hell.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I started playing links awakening DX but I think i might wait a sec and see if i can find a good price on the switch version. In the meantime I think I'm gonna play Minish Cap.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bouillon Rube posted:

Phantom Hourglass is short and easy enough where it’s not much of a hassle. Plus the boss fights are pretty cool

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

net cafe scandal posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Die.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
link between worlds is good

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Blowing into the DS mic kicks rear end

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Folding the DS closed to solve a puzzle ftw

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’m a big loving idiot so both of those things would have stumped me, lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

herculon posted:

Folding the DS closed to solve a puzzle ftw

yeah this moment overwhelmed me with childlike delight

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

P-Mack posted:

Blowing into the DS mic kicks rear end

Anyone got the post about the guy doing this on a plane? Can’t remember who it was

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Anyone got the post about the guy doing this on a plane? Can’t remember who it was

Fungah! posted:

my phantom hourglass memory ws getting to a part where you have to scream into the mic to lower the price on something to progress when i was sitting on an airplane. i eventually got as close as i could and basically made out with the mic until finally it accepted a guttural whisper and made me pay 5000 rupees because the alternative was unthinkable

lol

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Lmao thank you, I was just trying to search for this and the only result I could come up with was on page 1300 of some awful GBS thread and I was starting to freak out, like oh no no nono i don't remember reading this here, this can't be it, the imps are going to destroy me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lmao