Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the OP a dipshit?
Yes
No
View Results

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
You can't prove me wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

OP isn't telling us about the save state he made before making this thread, in case he gets absolutely dunked on

I wish

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

ElectricSheep posted:

man YOU try and beat battletoads otherwise

:colbert: Will try this later

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

my dog died im sad posted:

How do you feel about tool assisted runs op?

They're very cool. I actually should check out TASvideos again, it's been a while.

ElectricSheep posted:

give us a trip report

of frustration

Good idea

gently caress SNEEP posted:

not a checkbox poll, op is a coward

Sometimes we're all cowards

Meme Poker Party posted:

OP do you specifically mean emulator-based save states beyond a game's built in checkpoints/saves? Or any method of play other than Ironman?

Emulation ye

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I got owned by the hoverbikes, again, but I'll do it!!!

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

:goonsay: The Japanese version even had save slots.
:psyduck: why did they remove that from the overseas version

Re Battletoads: I got pretty far on the hoverbike section but died on the bottomless pits with the "!" :negative:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Re Battletoads: I can't believe that there is a hoverbike segment where the barriers don't even flash. They are just there and I can't even react to them in time

VIDEO GAMES

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

ElectricSheep posted:

If you got to that segment run directly into wall #10 and you'll warp to the surf zone

Interesting let me try that

edit: I missed it, saw the sparkles but it was too late. But I'm getting to that part pretty consistently now without dying

edit 2: :bang:

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 4, 2021

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I took a break and returned to Battletoads now and I did it fuckers, I got past the hoverbike level:

Now I'll get owned here and die probably

edit: yep i got owned i'll try again tomorrow

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Aug 4, 2021

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

rap music posted:

When I first got ff7 I didn’t have a memory card so I just left my PlayStation on for like a month

I did a similar thing with my Dreamcast, but it wasn't a month just a couple of days. VMUs were expensive (Brazil) so I never had one. I did manage to beat Donald Duck Goin' Quackers and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command :hai:

I wanted to beat Resident Evil Code Veronica like this too but whenever you inserted disc 2 it would ask for a complete disc 1 save file :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I never played Xcom, all I know about it is that you can miss shots when enemies are right up in your face