Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the OP a dipshit?
Yes
No
View Results

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
man YOU try and beat battletoads otherwise

You know the infinite lives Game Genie code didn't actually give infinite lives? Learned it the hard way at thirteen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.
give us a trip report

of frustration

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

Big Scary Owl posted:

Re Battletoads: I can't believe that there is a hoverbike segment where the barriers don't even flash. They are just there and I can't even react to them in time

VIDEO GAMES

If you got to that segment run directly into wall #10 and you'll warp to the surf zone

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

Aardvark! posted:

yup. i played it again a year or two ago, a decade+ after i took the time to learn the bike section, and i can still do it pretty much flawlessly. i couldn't possibly write down the order though

The snake level is a little iffy for me but I still remember it, and I think I still have the pipe level down, but things get hazy after the vertical climb that ends with the robot boss.

It's funny how that game managed to sear some Dark Souls-like muscle memory into me that persists over 25 years later