Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Lol, the party of “we can’t have good things” didn’t want a good thing. Shocking, I know
don't get me wrong democrat voters succ poo poo, but "good thing" wasn't on the menu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

drat horror queefs posted:

All the monsters that mortgaged humanity's future for another cabin on their yachts will remain unaffected and die peacefully in their mansions with lavish obituaries in the NYT to follow them.
All our future selves can do is ensure that their genetic lineages are extinguished forever.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Dreylad posted:

i think people forget that anything past electoralism is harder than getting elected. you have to be more organized, more willing to sacrifice than just getting out the vote.
I think you kind of have to unpack what you mean by "easy" tbh. If you mean with the least amount of bloodshed then that is trivially correct unless and until we start working trial by combat into selecting electors or something. But you can say the same of like, arguing with Nazis vs just shooting them. Arguing with them is "easier" I guess, maybe until they decide to execute you at least, but you're not going to get anywhere either. I think if you can quantify "political effort" and "political results" and start doing some math, you'll get some interesting results including probably like a divide by zero error when you try to make sense of electoralism in the context of contemporary American politics.

At the very least working with the Democratic party goes no where. That's not to say that third parties can win in the US - again the reason that electoralism is "easy" is precisely that it can not directly affect the capitalism system at all - but indirectly via loving up the calculus of career Democrats while they're trying to get their grift on, is probably the most pull you can exert on the system purely via electoralism. But to do that you have to find reasonably competent politicians who can secure some nontrivial fraction of the vote but who are also willing to subsume their personal ambition into the greater political project. There probably aren't enough of those.