Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
you succeeded at the ad-task inside a 60 tall and 200 pixel wide box at the top of every page?

There was stuff like "shoot 5 ducks in this carnival game to win an ipod" but my favorite was a one featuring a fat old man with a lemonade sitting on a pool float in summer in a pool that you had to click on rapidly to make him laugh and the ad said "Many have tried. Only few succeeded." and I succeeded and thus got a popup window. But I don't remember what the window lead to exactly.

This was in the dark ages of pre adblock/ublocker and also in the era where refreshing the page could roll an ad with autoplay audio with some guy saying "CONGRATULATIONS. YOU WON!" on the page much louder than anything else, btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I miss those ads more than anything, somehow they were less annoying than modern ones

My favorites were the bush era "shoot bin laden win a DVD player" ones. Commit extrajudicial manslaughter, earn the ability to watch cheaper by the dozen!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
i do duolingo and I don't pay for it because Im cheap, so it shows an ad every so often

there's one for hotels dot com featuring a howling papier mache dragon and i genuinely enjoy seeing it. that's my enjoyable ad story

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I punched that monkey. I didn't spend any time on the website it led me to, but I punched that monkey a whole lot.