Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Voodoo, you’re the only one not currently voting. Where are you at on things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Referee posted:

Voodoo, you’re the only one not currently voting. Where are you at on things?

Catching up. Busy day with the kid. He is asleep now in the car so I’m parked in the shade reading.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

PlasticAutomaton posted:

that's actually a lie, I'm going to go bake some cookies but then I'll be paying attention.

Plastic I think would still be my top pick. I invited after they made the somber case yesterday but looking back I feel PA was more worried about just getting a case down to be participating and not really trying to find scum. I know it’s the weekend and I’ve been busy too but this feeels like they just posted and bounced the minute people stopped talking about them.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I don’t think I’m voting Hal. His responses to merk feel genuine. I’ve been in the same position where I felt merk try’s to unfairly reframe posts when he thinks your scum. I’ve been fine with his posts today.

Not trying to make this suspenseful or anything but I know I’m not posting for a bit once kid wakes up so yeah just deciding between somber and merk right now assuming nothing else happens.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

##vote merk.

I’m not really thrilled about any of the vote candidates but I guess I feel least good about merk being town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Final thoughts:

I don’t usually do this connection stuff, but I see a town loss coming. Also, I know no one ever reads the dead town‘s posts beyond a little trickle at day start. Here goes.

Theory 1:
If poop is scum, voodoo aggressively pushing Steak over him yesterday is scum defending a buddy.

Theory 2:
If poop is town, b- coming out of the gate today to have us vote poop on a vote analysis and then never pushing it again is scummy. It was a compelling first case that he basically let go.

Theory 3:
It could be somber. Him sitting so close to elimination and not getting there is telling. Look for an early bus vote that someone couldn’t get out of.

Theory 4:
If Hal is scum, he distanced from plastic on my d1 case. Saying he could get behind the vote but never did, never looked into it and never brought it up again.

Theory 5:
Stop eliminating me when I’m the most active player just because you don’t like what I’m doing. This is like four straight town eliminations on no case.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m Vanilla. Some fry kids or something I had never heard of.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'm going back over things right now but ##vote merk.

Binus might have been right about a poop/merk bus yesterday so I want to look at that more closely and when it turned from poop to steak (before deadline day I think I noticed a shift more towards steak). I also need to read poop closer, I'll admit I haven't given him much attention D2 but some of his posts leave a bad taste in my mouth, I don't know if it's just his attitude or if he has an agenda.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I feel the strongest gut about theory 1. I’m kind of annoyed I didn’t push poop harder d1.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Voodoo could also be scum with somber actually. Saying he won’t vote Hal and leaving the door open to maybe vote his buddy. He then votes me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’ll ##vote somber since Hal isn’t happening.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

merk (6): Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, Hal Insandenza, Referee, Sandwolf, gay for gacha, Voodoofly, Maerlyn
Somberbrero (5): t a s t e, the holy poopacy, PlasticAutomaton, Idle Amalgam, gay for gacha, merk, merk, gay for gacha, merk
Hal Insandenza (2): merk, b-minus1, Somberbrero, merk, merk, merk
Maerlyn (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
PlasticAutomaton (0): Voodoofly, Voodoofly
Idle Amalgam (0): merk, merk
the holy poopacy (0): b-minus1, merk, merk, b-minus1
Voodoofly (0): gay for gacha, gay for gacha
b-minus1 (0): Maerlyn, Maerlyn
Referee (0): gay for gacha, merk, merk, gay for gacha, Sandwolf, merk, merk, Sandwolf

Not Voting (0):

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 15th, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 2 minutes.

Are you loving it?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

I’ll ##vote somber since Hal isn’t happening.

I could move my vote right now and flip you.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

merk posted:

Final thoughts:

I don’t usually do this connection stuff, but I see a town loss coming. Also, I know no one ever reads the dead town‘s posts beyond a little trickle at day start. Here goes.

Theory 1:
If poop is scum, voodoo aggressively pushing Steak over him yesterday is scum defending a buddy.

Theory 2:
If poop is town, b- coming out of the gate today to have us vote poop on a vote analysis and then never pushing it again is scummy. It was a compelling first case that he basically let go.

Theory 3:
It could be somber. Him sitting so close to elimination and not getting there is telling. Look for an early bus vote that someone couldn’t get out of.

Theory 4:
If Hal is scum, he distanced from plastic on my d1 case. Saying he could get behind the vote but never did, never looked into it and never brought it up again.

Theory 5:
Stop eliminating me when I’m the most active player just because you don’t like what I’m doing. This is like four straight town eliminations on no case.

ughh is this something scum merk would do...##unvote
We still have 3 hours, let's think about it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

I could move my vote right now and flip you.

It’s you or me, so I would if I was you.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Insandenza posted:

That’s fine and probably true, but I think your call out of voodoo was more of a stretch.

This post you refer to was a single line that wasn’t a case, just idle speculation. Not even considering your “you should ignore this” stance, there isn’t much that warrants a response there.

He certainly had some strong reads D1. Maybe a bit more tentative today but once again it sounds like you are misrepresenting people here, seems to be your MO this game and I don’t think that’s your town approach.

##vote merk

you can disagree with a case without thinking the person making it is scum.

you say merk is misrepresenting people. isn't that what every wrong case is ultimately?

Hal Insandenza posted:

Hi apologies I was traveling all day yesterday and trying to spend a bit of time with the family before I leave again. I will be around tonight though. I’m not surprised people are voting me, I haven’t been great. I will say that I wasn’t trying to shift blame to voodoo, I said I went back and looked at steak because voodoo pushed me too, but I wasn’t saying I was voting him because of voodoo. Merk trying to paint false narratives about me this game, thought you were better than that

do you think your read on merk is influenced by his attack on you? i dunno, i feel a lot of empathy with hal here but i don't think he's correct about merk as scum. i don't think hal is a great candidate either as i look back through these responses since voodoo cited them.

is there any chance of a vote other than merk and i?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
call it gut ##vote voodoofly

yes i reference voodoo influencing my read on hal, but there's no reason scum can't be correct about that too.

i'm going to take 10 and then try to get my thoughts together.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Maerlyn posted:

ughh is this something scum merk would do...##unvote
We still have 3 hours, let's think about it

Yes, it is something scum me would do.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

Ughhhhhhhhh

all that and you're still on merk over somber?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

yes i reference voodoo influencing my read on hal, but there's no reason scum can't be correct about that too.

##vote voodoofly

I’m in.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Voodoo, as scum, only really makes sense if you or poop is scum though, somber. Why would he stick his neck out like that d1 to get steak unless he needed to help a buddy?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

:thunk:

interesting.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I’m up for not voting any of you but you probably won’t convince me to vote myself.

PA. maer. Taste (not a lurker vote I think it’s scummy as hell and taste is good enough to pull this as scum). Maybe IA, he pinged me on reread today.

But yeah I don’t really think you or somber are scum. Or Hal honestly.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’d also go plastic I think.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I’ll even help ##vote PA

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Didn't realize deadline was today. I misread the votefindee yesterday. I'll catch up after in the next half hour or so.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I’d also vote Gacha. I know people I think are town don’t think that’s a good vote but I think ref saw it too. Gachas posts aren’t sitting well with me and feel like new scum making cases they know are wrong so backing them with math or appeals to connections and revealing info on others.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

-merk infers voodoo (theory 1) and somber (theory 3) are scum, but votes somber
- somber immediately votes voodoo
- merk switches from somber to voodoo
- merk says he’d also vote plastic
- voodoo immediately votes plastic

I have no idea what to think of this but I’m raising an eyebrow.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
i just woke upfrom a nap and am groggy as hell but the timing on somber's switch to voodoo has me very intrigued. it feels earnest??? need to wake up more and think about the angles.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I'm not moving my vote. Merk thought his little 'im not posting again all day thing' would get people to vote hal and then it didn't happen so he posted again.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Voodoofly posted:

I’d also vote Gacha. I know people I think are town don’t think that’s a good vote but I think ref saw it too. Gachas posts aren’t sitting well with me and feel like new scum making cases they know are wrong so backing them with math or appeals to connections and revealing info on others.

Yeah, G4G wasn’t my first choice for today but was on my radar.

merk posted:

I’m Vanilla. Some fry kids or something I had never heard of.

Just keeping track, but this is now the fifth VT flip/claim (two flips of Steak and Toal, three claims by poop, myself and now merk).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

gay for gacha posted:

I'm not moving my vote. Merk thought his little 'im not posting again all day thing' would get people to vote hal and then it didn't happen so he posted again.

To be fair, this is a known merk tactic.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Referee posted:

Yeah, G4G wasn’t my first choice for today but was on my radar.

Just keeping track, but this is now the fifth VT flip/claim (two flips of Steak and Toal, three claims by poop, myself and now merk).

Six actually

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

gay for gacha posted:

I do like the irony of saying you won’t move your vote here.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Voodoofly posted:

I do like the irony of saying you won’t move your vote here.

wdym

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

gay for gacha posted:

hmmm. good catch

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

t a s t e posted:

Six actually

do you have a role related word restriction or are you just being taste?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

It’s the same thing merk said doubling down on who he wanted to vote.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

t a s t e posted:

Six actually

t a s t e posted:

Thinking of making some VANILLA scones for breakfast

I figured this was just a jokephase comment. Are you implying you were serious? Or referring to someone else I missed?

(Answer “it’s me” or “not me” so you can keep your PR going, I guess.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

gay for gacha posted:

You really think I’m bad at scum.