Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
:hammer: if I'm not mistaken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hal Insandenza posted:

sigh ##vote referee

That's :redhammer:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote referee

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Referee (7): b-minus1, Maerlyn, the holy poopacy, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Hal Insandenza, Somberbrero
PlasticAutomaton (2): the holy poopacy, Somberbrero, Voodoofly, Idle Amalgam, the holy poopacy, Somberbrero, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, Hal Insandenza, Sandwolf, Hal Insandenza, Somberbrero
b-minus1 (1): t a s t e
t a s t e (0): Voodoofly, b-minus1, Voodoofly, b-minus1
Idle Amalgam (0): Hal Insandenza, the holy poopacy, Hal Insandenza, the holy poopacy
Somberbrero (0): PlasticAutomaton, Idle Amalgam, t a s t e, Idle Amalgam, PlasticAutomaton, t a s t e
Sandwolf (0): Somberbrero, Maerlyn, Somberbrero, Maerlyn
Hal Insandenza (0): Maerlyn, b-minus1, the holy poopacy, PlasticAutomaton, b-minus1, the holy poopacy, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton

Not Voting (1): Referee

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 19th, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Are you loving it?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Referee was executed!

quote:

You're the Star of Hardee's and Carl's Jr. Your role is that of Vanilla. You have no extraordinary abilities, except for your ability to vote.
You are TOWN-Aligned. You win the game when all threats to Town have been eradicated!

24 hours for Night.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nobody died. day 4!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (10): b-minus1, Hal Insandenza, Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, PlasticAutomaton, Sandwolf, Somberbrero, t a s t e, the holy poopacy, Voodoofly

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 23rd, 2021 at 8:30 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 18 hours.

Are you loving it?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

This ducking game seriously.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey, Maerlyn, who did you protect?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Well there's a lot to discuss from yesterday and we basically get to repeat the day all over again since Ref was the only one who didn't vote.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Hey, Maerlyn, who did you protect?

You.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Maerlyn posted:

Well there's a lot to discuss from yesterday and we basically get to repeat the day all over again since Ref was the only one who didn't vote.

You.

Well I swapped you with Somber lol

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Well I swapped you with Somber lol

Scum may have just abstained instead of risking their kill blowing back on them.

My second pick would have been taste but I am not feeling as strongly that he's town as I did earlier in D3. The reluctance to vote Voodoo and Hal bothers me. I still think Hal is scummy (I could see LP/BP being a modular scum role).

Also who was it that suggested that scum were vanilla? I can find it tomorrow but I kind of raised my eyebrow at that.

I want to hear more about Sandwolf's masonry (confirmed/unconfirmed?) and if Somber received a rolecop result.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
My rolecop was one-shot lmao

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
How is this game possibly still going? No way scum withheld a kill. If they did they should be temp banned from mafia for a year.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
if I'm not mistaken we have 5 players with no role claim (myself, taste, voodoo, bminus, IA) and 5 players with claimed roles

hypothetically I could just assume that the other 4 unclaimed/vanilla players are all scum; even if all claims are true town does not have a ton of actions overall, and many are of questionable use, so they could plausibly all be true.

it is entirely possible that one or more claim is fake/a scum role. there's a running theme of claims featuring scum-friendly abilities; Maerlyn's claim is the only truly unambiguously town role, and now it appears to have been used successfully. barring scum shenanigans like skipping a nightkill on purpose, plastic appears to be cleared by extension.

i assume that town has more than watcher/doctor/one-shot busdriver, and of the remaining claims somber is the most useful to town. so somber is probably legit.

that leaves sandwolf and hal. sandwolf's claim is not particularly powerful, and would be at least equally useful to scum if not moreso. scum arguably might be less likely to go for the fun option over the useful option, but on the other hand scumwolf hypothetically might have wanted the less threatening role. or he could be lying altogether, although this would require being scumbuddies with voodoo (entirely possible).

hal's claim sucks and is actively anti-town, especially given his stated reasoning of wanting LYLO protection; failing a vote at LYLO would be a near guaranteed game over anyhow. i doubt scum would have been given that power as bulletproof would be largely pointless and being immune to execution would be OP even as a one-shot. it could be an outright fabrication though.

overall given the claims on the table I think that examining the unclaimed/vanilla players is probably a safer bet for today, though, as there are almost certainly more scum in that half of the player pool than there are among the claims.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It's definitely Sandwolf.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I am way too tired to think right now, but Maerlyn, you mentioned late last day that you were onto Voodoo? We've got plenty of time now, so what's your case on him?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Somberbrero posted:

It's definitely Sandwolf.

He did recruit me last night so at the very least he is telling the truth about that bit

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Maerlyn posted:

Scum may have just abstained instead of risking their kill blowing back on them.

My second pick would have been taste but I am not feeling as strongly that he's town as I did earlier in D3. The reluctance to vote Voodoo and Hal bothers me. I still think Hal is scummy (I could see LP/BP being a modular scum role).

Also who was it that suggested that scum were vanilla? I can find it tomorrow but I kind of raised my eyebrow at that.

I want to hear more about Sandwolf's masonry (confirmed/unconfirmed?) and if Somber received a rolecop result.

Well I mean it is definitely an unconfirmed masonry. I don’t think I’ve seen a recruitable masonry that revealed alignments

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

the holy poopacy posted:

if I'm not mistaken we have 5 players with no role claim (myself, taste, voodoo, bminus, IA) and 5 players with claimed roles

hypothetically I could just assume that the other 4 unclaimed/vanilla players are all scum; even if all claims are true town does not have a ton of actions overall, and many are of questionable use, so they could plausibly all be true.

it is entirely possible that one or more claim is fake/a scum role. there's a running theme of claims featuring scum-friendly abilities; Maerlyn's claim is the only truly unambiguously town role, and now it appears to have been used successfully. barring scum shenanigans like skipping a nightkill on purpose, plastic appears to be cleared by extension.

i assume that town has more than watcher/doctor/one-shot busdriver, and of the remaining claims somber is the most useful to town. so somber is probably legit.

that leaves sandwolf and hal. sandwolf's claim is not particularly powerful, and would be at least equally useful to scum if not moreso. scum arguably might be less likely to go for the fun option over the useful option, but on the other hand scumwolf hypothetically might have wanted the less threatening role. or he could be lying altogether, although this would require being scumbuddies with voodoo (entirely possible).

hal's claim sucks and is actively anti-town, especially given his stated reasoning of wanting LYLO protection; failing a vote at LYLO would be a near guaranteed game over anyhow. i doubt scum would have been given that power as bulletproof would be largely pointless and being immune to execution would be OP even as a one-shot. it could be an outright fabrication though.

overall given the claims on the table I think that examining the unclaimed/vanilla players is probably a safer bet for today, though, as there are almost certainly more scum in that half of the player pool than there are among the claims.

As far as my sucky reasoning, well now that we are at an even number of people a scum rush on me that failed would potentially out the whole scum team, that’s the sort of high entertainment value play I was hoping would have happened here

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Now this is all random speculation that I can’t confirm. But this new masonry is just me and Sandwolf and the room is just called Masons. This is bothersome since it was implied that Voodoo was also recruited but he is not in this room. And if the masonries are created as separate masonries, well that’s unusual and also I would think my masonry room would have a different name than just “masons”

Would it hold up in court? Doubtful. But it is troubling.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I know people, this is a lot to take in

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Somberbrero posted:

How is this game possibly still going? No way scum withheld a kill. If they did they should be temp banned from mafia for a year.

Agreed. It makes no sense. I’m starting to think Maerlyn and plastic could be scum together. Either way, someone is lying about a claim

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Agreed. It makes no sense. I’m starting to think Maerlyn and plastic could be scum together. Either way, someone is lying about a claim

The sudden shift to Ref when plastic was at -1 (or however close) is certainly a huge red flag

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Sandwolf why did you recruit hal?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

He said he tried the day before and forgot or Cena hosed up, and it was because I’m a cool pal to talk to

I would like some clarity on the voodoo thing because he’s definitely not in this masonry at least

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Lmao get rekt scum

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I've transcended to "In the Woods, IA"

Like lakehouse merk but less reliable. Less refined.

As such, I'll be around intermittently.

I am modularly vanilla. I chose between shitposting and sleuthing, and chose shitposting.

So we got somber and plastic escaping dunks multiple days lol.

Somber hal plastic bee.

Come at me.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Pour one out for the late, Steak.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Anyhow, we are close to lylo and this is where I'm my worst as town.

I trust Mae saved the day, but why didn't the scum kill Mae or was it a self protect? In any case, if we nail scum today we can probably turn the tide.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
No one feels somber, reach down into those inky wells you call hearts.

##vote hal

I'll eat a roasted marshmallow if that man isn't scum.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Least believable of the claims, also meta parachute about being a patsy

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

Now this is all random speculation that I can’t confirm. But this new masonry is just me and Sandwolf and the room is just called Masons. This is bothersome since it was implied that Voodoo was also recruited but he is not in this room. And if the masonries are created as separate masonries, well that’s unusual and also I would think my masonry room would have a different name than just “masons”

Would it hold up in court? Doubtful. But it is troubling.

For what it’s worth sand told me this was the case. We were not happy about that because we wanted to be able to have a fun group chat. Sand said he wasn’t aware of that until after Cena told him that he forgot about the night 2 action.

Obviously all grain of salt and coming from sand but my thought was why would sand as scum not use it might 2 when he told me he was going to. He could have just said it was a one shot and it doesn’t seem like scum needed to do something crazy night 2 anyway.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal my room is “masonry” for what it’s worth.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Hal was the target night 2 because it’s Hal. He is fun to have in a mason chat (we didn’t know it would be a separate thing)

I assume sand did hal again because he said he would and because Hal is fun to have in a mason chat.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

If it’s 4 scum last night didn’t matter and we are still in LYLO. Withholding can “confirm” a doctor or other protective role as town. Wasn’t there a doctor about to be executed yesterday?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Voodoofly posted:

If it’s 4 scum last night didn’t matter and we are still in LYLO. Withholding can “confirm” a doctor or other protective role as town. Wasn’t there a doctor about to be executed yesterday?

maerlyn did not get a single vote yesterday lol

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

the holy poopacy posted:

maerlyn did not get a single vote yesterday lol

Oh yeah PA was a bus driver. Anyway I’m going back to sleep and will try to make sense of why you all swerved to ref later.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Voodoofly posted:

Oh yeah PA was a bus driver. Anyway I’m going back to sleep and will try to make sense of why you all swerved to ref later.

it was literally 5 minutes to deadline, plastic had a plausible claim, hal had a less plausible but dangerous claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

the holy poopacy posted:

it was literally 5 minutes to deadline, plastic had a plausible claim, hal had a less plausible but dangerous claim

It's almost like it's bullshit, huh?