Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
sign me up, let's get an exact repeat of somber's moon colony game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
we'll just have to make do with Fauxbifauxnen

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I'm lovin' it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Is it rice boy?

it is the related webcomic Vattu. it is not as good as Rice Boy imo but it has its moments

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Maerlyn posted:

I'm ignoring work by thinking about what fast food mascot would represent scum, that raising cane's dog probably fits right?

the SK is jared, clearly

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

This post from merk entering the game is awkward at best and downright evil at worst. It shows a “scum mind” with its inability to even make a basic add-on joke to existing in-thread jokes. That is, merk feels the need to control the narrative with punchlines he wants to see rather than add to the thread by extending laughs about existing things - fast food mascots as scum, for example.

A town player here would quote the Jared SK joke and say “maybe it’s Megan Rapinoe” to make a slightly cheeky politicized joke that would play well on page 1 of the game in this current divisive climate we find ourselves in.

But yet, merk can’t do that. He can’t bring himself to make that joke. He must resign to a latent jab at the entire set of jokes by saying they’re all as bad as the age old “who farted?” trope.

I can’t bring myself to vote merk yet, however, because when he is town his scum hunting is a benefit we all need. I’m watching him closely.

##vote Toal

making a big elaborate case and then arbitrarily veering off it to vote for someone else. classic scum behavior.

##vote merk

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Voodoofly posted:

sure merk minus whatever

##vote merk

4 more votes and merk will be at minus merk

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
this interaction feels very artificial imo

merk somber sandwolf scumteam, we got em

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

No you do.

Seriously though you don't genuinely hold this belief do you?

i do now

that was a test and you failed

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Agreed, his part of our brief exchange felt forced

my one move is arbitrarily insisting someone is scum and hoping they get flustered

i'm all outta moves now

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

Poop is too joking. This is a gut read.

##vote poop

if I hadn't already clocked you as scum this would definitely do it

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Steak is posting at absolute madman speeds, so that makes me feel a lot better about him compared to the last couple of games I've seen him in.

he was basically doing the same last game, although I think his posts definitely feel more earnest this time

although that's a pretty low bar to clear

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
honestly I'm with maerlyn on this one

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

What exactly are you with, with Maerlyn? The observation that merk is being a little more aloof?

merk's jokes feel very different than town merk last game and are a flavor of self-deprecating "haha i'm scum guys but not really j/k" that rubs me the wrong way, at least being played up as much as he did

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

So you *are* indicating suspicion on merk from it? Maerlyn seemed to want to differentiate that it was purely an observation, no alignment reading from it

yes, I am genuinely suspicious of merk

I thought maerlyn was just hedging her uncertainty but her last post seems awfully defensive though

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

I don’t think you know what self deprecating means.

you literally posted an extended critique of your own joke taking yourself to task for not making a better one

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

b-minus1 posted:

I’m getting major scum pings from this post, could potentially be a bus

Poopacy has pretty much only posted about how merk is scum

tell you what, vote for merk and let's find out

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
someone is awfully eager to run interference for their scumbuddy merk

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

I don't know. ask your scumbuddy, merk

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

Do you have a case on me or are you just doubling down on nothing in hopes that people think we distanced after you flip scum?

it started out as a gut read based on your jokeposting but nothing you've posted since then has dissuaded me

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
like seriously the best you can do is "gee i guess the guy who thinks I'm scum must be scum"

go ahead and vote me off, my flip will vindicate me

i regret i only have one life to live to incriminate merk, the scum

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Maerlyn posted:

Town poopacy in somber's game had some wild theories about scum pairings and was a lot more engaged/active.
Here he's voting merk because merk read himself but voted Toal? It's weird, I actually thought he was joke voting merk at first but he's just doubled down? I wondered if he even actually read what merk wrote/didn't realize merk was reading himself or something but either way he's not scumhunting.

as opposed to everybody else, who is either

1. lurking
2. bitching about me being stuck on merk
3. being obvious scum (merk)

there's hardly any scumhunting going on period because it's a pretty low content game. i'm just rattling some cages here (and it worked, I got one)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Maerlyn posted:

Who else do you think looks scummy? [PS: I'm not sure if you are a fairly newer player here but I don't think you can really rattle merk's cage]

i mean, your lazy bandwagon vote isn't doing you any favors

steak started out strong but reverted to form pretty quickly

there are a lot of lurkers but snooze crooze in particular seems to be staging some kind of protest against the concept of playing mafia

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
i was starting to come around on maerlyn but uhhhhh

merk posted:

Maerlyn posted:

I'm often accused of appearing scummy so I don't care, but being scummy for a "serious" vote on someone who hadn't even posted in the game yet is a new one. So keep grasping at those (disposable) straws I guess.

Merk posting jokingly makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I know it's early so there's not a lot to go on yet, I'm not reading him for it but it's not behavior I'm used to seeing from him.

This post pings me as townie.

merk posted:

Sandwolf posted:

Maerlyn I basically just asked you because it seemed like a somewhat noncommittal statement, so I asked if you were indicating suspicion or not. You said you weren’t, which felt a little odd, so I pressed you on it.

Now it just feels like you’re being a little overly defensive over what you yourself said was a simple observation. I think I caught you out with some unexpected pressure.

##vote Maerlyn

Hey bub, why’d you spend like ten posts walking up to this vote that I don’t agree with at all?

merk posted:

I do not have an opinion of Maerlyn.

doin a lot of townie calls and free defense for someone merk has no opinion of

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

I’m not moving my vote. On a reread this morning over coffee, poop has 0 alignment curiosity and 0 genuine investigation.

This is a scum flip. Get your bussing in.

100% projection

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
i'm rereading merk again in case there is something i forgot

other than trying to get rid of me and my righteous truth there's still nothing there except going to bat for maerlyn a couple times and then declaring "I have no opinion on maerlyn" when asked point blank, whichis easily the scummiest interaction of the day

nothing.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

I reiterate: When, in that string of four posts, did you go from a clear joke vote on me to a vote that you 100% believe in?

I don't believe in voting for people I don't think are scum, it's just a matter of steadily increasing conviction

your joke struck me as one that I thought scum would make. it started out as a weak hunch and it's true i didn't expect anything to come out of it so early in the day, but no one else has been raising any serious flags and you have yet to make a single post that makes me think you have any interest in helping town. so the vote stuck.

if you want to see my flip, fine. at least pretend to have some interest in the game beyond me. or better yet, don't, so that people can nail your scum rear end to the wall D2.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

My content that you are saying is 'going up to bat for Maerlyn' is an analysis of Sandwolf, not Maerlyn.

how convenient for you that the person you're attacking happens to be casing the person you gave an unsolicited townie read on earlier (but definitely have no opinion on)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
if you're going to do poo poo like throw out town reads right off the bat D1 at least pretend to have the courage of your convictions so you don't have to awkwardly contort yourself to disavow them later

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

I was voting sand and I would still shoot sand right now if I had a gun with several bullets.

You're just super wrong on this one toal, I'm sorry because it seems like you're putting in good effort but I am not scum.

Like my first interaction with poopacy is part of what foments the first wave of suspicion on him. I really don't think I come off awkward there, it seems like poop immediately missteps. That's how I read it anyway.

what exactly is your case on sand? there was a maybe-slip that you said was early and not a lock, and then I don't see much else sense then

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
*since

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
like I don't put a lot of stock into town reads D1 but sandwolf at least has been more willing to do footwork than anyone else so far

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

b-minus1 posted:

I could get behind a sandwolf lunch if poop isn’t going to happen. If we lunch him and he flips scum that would pretty much confirm merk as town imo

what the ever gently caress

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Toalpaz posted:

I think poop is a high info vote at this point

it's not ideal imo but i think this is reasonable

when merk was doubling down on me he made a comment about "get your bussing in" which really strikes me as trying to push the idea that there aren't already scum votes on me

(there are)

(it's merk)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
i really don't know why people are pinning this post and its defense as an example of great townie play

Maerlyn posted:

I'm often accused of appearing scummy so I don't care, but being scummy for a "serious" vote on someone who hadn't even posted in the game yet is a new one. So keep grasping at those (disposable) straws I guess.

Merk posting jokingly makes me uncomfortable for some reason. I know it's early so there's not a lot to go on yet, I'm not reading him for it but it's not behavior I'm used to seeing from him.

i agree 100% with the sentiment but the way maerlyn hedges it and immediately backpedals when pushed strikes me as scum trying to get in posts vaguely suspicious of their scumbuddy so that they can plausibly go back after a scum flip and claim they called it, without committing themselves enough to actually endanger their buddy

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

the holy poopacy posted:

it started out as a gut read based on your jokeposting but nothing you've posted since then has dissuaded me

the holy poopacy posted:

your joke struck me as one that I thought scum would make. it started out as a weak hunch and it's true i didn't expect anything to come out of it so early in the day, but no one else has been raising any serious flags and you have yet to make a single post that makes me think you have any interest in helping town. so the vote stuck.

oh noooooooooooooo i have been caught in a terrible contradiction by the master scumhunter merk

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

--
On Somb:

that's still talking about me, I don't think he's actually said anything on somber

that is a good catch though, and the first plausibly town posting I've seen from you all game

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Idle Amalgam posted:

Mr. Steak posted:

ok but unironically tho, somber's fuckery is textbook town-game. from the textbook written by me, obviously

First steak

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont think somber is especially town. leaning scum tbqh but taking a step back thats only because he's invited the most of my specific scrutiny for obvious reasons, so im giving that read a lesser "weight" right now

Second steak almost immediately loool

##vote steak gotem'

Still catching up, but that immediate contradiction

how exactly do you account for this in your steak/somber scumteam theory

if this is a scum on scum call it seems bizarre even by steak standards

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Taste. I know Taste gets away with lurking and posting literally nothing because that's just what taste does, but this is a zero effort day even for him, which is especially shocking coming off how active he was in Somber's game.

very curious how you landed on taste specifically when there's multiple equally bad lurkers

there someone hiding in there you really don't want us voting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

merk posted:

Taste had the best jokepost.

it's too bad that he slipped and hit the shift key on a random S, ruining his otherwise flawless breadcrumb