Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We seem to be in agreement, so presumably you see why I think there’s great value in fullclaiming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Whoa, Hal’s here?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you’ve got a result that you’d want his clearance to post, I’d expect you’re indeed a role cop?

Wouldn’t you agree that’s usually a scum role?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Which would explain why he didn’t claim yesterday when he was at -1. Rolecop isn’t exclusively a scum role. Just usually weighted in that direction.

Are somber’s checks clearing? Can I get in on Defend Others Mafia?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Is anyone else picturing Sandwolf pounding f5 looking for a new way to call somber town or is it just me?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’d imagine you’d agree it’s hard to make direct points in the form of questions unless they’re rhetorical ones?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Who’d want to find out?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I trust when I say I won’t move off somber you all will know I’m serious?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You might acknowledge that scum engage in what seems like strange behavior because they have the full scope of the board whereas we don’t, correct? You’ve seen WIFOM before?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’ll admit here that I didn’t make the scones, if that’s what you mean?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Idle Amalgam posted:

vanilla has no precedent on alignment, and a rolecop role also isn't inherently scum or town. I believe somber is scum outside of the claim for reasons previously stated. The joking claims and joking suspicion are, as I said in similar terms, being used by somber as a safety cushion. Things he can point back to seriously that could have gone either way in joke phase.

Does anyone else agree with this to the extreme level I do?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I could have easily lied to avoid suspicion.

You're in a position where you have to agree with that, don't you think?

I do think it's funny that me joking around as steak aroused so much suspicion, while taste has been faking a pr for three days straight

I’m in a position where I have to agree with someone who feels the same way I do? Surely that’s a strange phrasing just to say “you feel the same way” in an accusatory tone?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Also, what are you referring to wrt steak?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

What makes you feel that it’s for sure a limited use ability?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If that’s a soft claim in response to my second question, would you consider making it a hard claim?

I really think we gotta hit this here today, you know?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you’d agree, I think the existence of vanilla scum is a near certainty here?

Though why would one believe somber as town rolecop finding vanilla scum?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Can you ask me after somber’s flip, given that I think it’s quite relevant?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

so I've been a bit lost but here's where I'm at.

Both nightkills were people who were very suspicious of Somber. This suggests that scum is either protecting Somber, or trying to implicate Somber.

Yesterday's vote could not hammer Somber. This suggests either scum didn't want to hammer one of their own, or didn't have spare votes around because they were already on Somber.

So imo either Somber is scum or scum is gunning for Somber

but somber is a claimed town power role with no counterclaim, and the general lack of power role claims makes me inclined to believe it's legit

so if somber is actually our tracker, scum is gunning for somber

taste is probably scum, but a better candidate for tomorrow than today imo, too obvious.

still more interested in the Plastic case.

need to do some re-read when I get a chance at work

Somber is actually a claimed alignment-neutral at best power role, as it’s unlikely town generally has rolecops to counter, wouldn’t you agree?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

He's the only power role we have, at least publically so to willfully launch him into the sun tonight seems like a horrible idea unless there's hard evidence that he's lying about his result on voodoo. I think with Gacha's death he's the only investigatory role we have?

Why are you treating him as confirmed town? “We have” etc?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Imagine I claimed cop here, and that I had a result on somber, would you value that as gospel?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I gather that and assume it’s a limitation of my questioning that hindered my clarity, but I’d put it to you differently as your acceptance seems further along than I’d argue his claim merits, you see?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

And if I said it was a one-shot, balanced with a protective one shot?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

Lol dumb this down for me a bit please...do I have outside this thread knowledge? 1000% no. Is he lying, perhaps? We could give him a night to prove it and focus on one of the other three scum.

I follow this logic, I suppose, but I would suggest that perhaps if somber’s my strongest read it’s the best way forward for me (and ofc anyone else in that position), right? That is to say, shouldn’t scum reads outweigh potential role value from scummy players?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

So what exactly is your result on somber?

I’ve intended that to be an example rather than a claim, if that makes sense?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’d like to make clear I was presenting a hypothetical argument, if you’ll allow?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I think we’d agree that voodoo’s lack of dispute can be treated as confirmation, regardless of either’s alignment (somber scum, voodoo maybe)?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Taste or plastic, whomever survives today.

And if both?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

But, fundamentally, if we were to trust a result of a lynch candidate in lylo to choose another rather than rely on reads wouldn’t we deserve a loss?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Also, is this scum hal?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

How about ref?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anyone else think somber is trying to obfuscate scum partners?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Alright, so I might as well come out with it at this point, as it's something I hoped to avoid having to out.

I also have a modular power role.

My choices were 1x Busdriver 2x Neapolitan Cop. Me, being a complete dumbass, figured that a full bus driver would be far more beneficial to have around so I could play a poor man's bodyguard and try to get myself killed instead of someone I thought was town. Unfortunately, as I realized right before I used it, I can't actually read. it's a one shot, so I've been holding onto it.

Why would it be better for you, a confirmed town player, to die instead of someone you *thought* was town?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Also why claim now? What does this inform?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Can others in good conscience pull out a lurker lynch on Hal when we maybe have one mislynch left all game?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

You also suggested Ref, wouldn't that be considered a lurker lunch? (I can't tell if you're for or against a vote on Hal here).

What distinguishes Ref from Hal for me is that I think ref is proactively scummy in his spotty posting whereas Hal is scummy passively for it, if that’s clear?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

I mean I was ready to lunch hal yesterday. Hal voted steak early and then disappeared. He showed up at the last second to say “oh a pgo claim huh” and then vanished again. If taste isn’t happening I will ##vote hal

Have you considered my post about lynch value here?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

Are you going to address my earlier questions?

We talked a lot, you’ll need to be more specific?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh, no, my lylo prediction is dependent on a mislynch today and successful kill tonight, if you follow? In that sense, you might appreciate why I think a lurker lynch is questionable given more compelling candidates?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I appreciate that it seems we disagree on whether hal is, right?