Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Black 69 47.92%
Legit vs Bunny 15 10.42%
Christian vs Blade 10 6.94%
Jericho vs Juvi 6 4.17%
2.0 and Garcia vs Kingston, Mox and Darby 44 30.56%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

boxcarhobo posted:

cody rhodes is the worlds greatest professional wrestler, the total package

No he's missing a shoe now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Cody and Malakai at Daily's Place.

Cody, his face kicked

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

smarxist posted:

man, what if Dark Order wins the IMPACT titles? that could set up some really fun stuff, but i feel like it's not on the table :(

I'd almost feel bad for IMPACT at that point. Kenny taking the belt made some sense because of the Don Callis connection. DO has zero connection to impact so them taking the belts would really just be a statement that says "Yea, IMPACT is really just a macguffin factory for AEW, get hosed nerds."

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

blunt posted:

Man, Five and Ten are gonna get really lost in the shuffle when Dark Order break up in a few months.

At least Colt can print t-shirts.

Ten could be built as a solid solo midcarder easy, and he's never going to lose the DO connection even if the faction crumbles around him just because he's -1's guy.

I hate to say it but I feel absolutely nothing about five. He doesn't wrestle all that much, in the AEW extended universe he's barely a part of DO and does more chilling with vlogcrew.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

I presume that by leaving one boot in the boot he is now half-retired and as such can only show up on every other Dynamite.

And ok, ok. Outside of the Elite stuff I have to ask; what is the point of heeling in general? Why make your fans hate you?
Is the answer 'because that way it feels rewarding when the face beats you up?'
If the answer is yes, then what is the point of heeling once the fans have reached max hype and couldn't possibly be any more excited to see the face beat you up?

I have no idea if this is a real quote but I like the idea of it, supposedly Gorgeous George gave "A lot of people will pay to see someone shut your mouth" out as advice once and that just about sums heeling up as a viable business strategy to me.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Maxwell Lord posted:

I feel like we’re a ways into the second act of Page’s arc, he’s got friends who support him but it’s not quite enough- time for the real heroic trials to begin. Not sure what those should be, though.

well I think the first one should be shawn spears but spears is allowed to use a chair...

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

MJeff posted:

Who'd he ever beat?

serpentico

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Are there any Cody haters left? He’s made nearly all of AEW’s biggest young stars and took tack bumps for an unsigned Eddie Kingston, sold his promo and now Eddie is a top 5 babyface in the world. MJF, Darby, Wardlow, Malakai, Jade, he carries himself like a star and works like a dog, what is there to dislike at this point really?

I’m always going to be wondering how they break that world title stip, but at this point I believe he may just be that committed to this role he’s carrying out with the company, I guess if they need a top heel after Omega they could have him go back on his word but man I just can’t boo Cody. He will be president just like Solidus Snake.

I wouldn't say I hate Cody but I'd be totally cool with never seeing him in the ring again and his America promo sucked rear end. I was excited for his match last night and it delivered, but I was into it 100% because of Black, not Cody.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

MotU posted:

how much is a luther cameo maybe we can split it

He'll give you a cameo for free if you can powerbomb serpentico onto someone

e:

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am not a huge AEW viewer, so sorry if this is a stupid/rude question.

But is there a wrestler that AEW, in it's short history, can be said to have "wasted"? Someone who should be good, but due to bad booking, or bad luck, or whatever ended up not being as good as the could have been/were in other promotions/ended up being?

There have only been a handful of people who have been released from AEW so no one has really had the chance to be looked at with the benefit of hindsight and seen to be misused. Honestly the only two contracted people I can think of were Mel, who was strapped to a failed faction but also had a pretty poor showing, and Jimmy Havoc who was a piece of poo poo so whatever.

Lethrom fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 6, 2021

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

#STRONGHEARTS, but the pandemic and their desire to be Japanese Indie Freelancers means that it was always going to be hard for them to get a sustained push.

Didn't stronghearts show up in like the first or second PPV and then peace out for OWE entirely. I don't know if you can blame AEW for misusing a one-off appearance.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

I think Rovert conned the phrase, but she might have been gaslit by fans in addition to all the awful stuff she went through from Darby into bringing it up again. People telling her it didn't matter, or it wasn't that bad, or just general abuse making her re-live all the trauma again and just getting to a breaking point again.

I can't even imagine how frustrating it would be to speak out at the same time as everyone else, see Havoc get canned immediately, see Guevara who made a rape comment get a month suspension then see the person you've accused of actual rape get cleared, with iirc zero consequences, because an "Internal investigation" said it was fine.

e: I guess Havoc was suspended immediately and then canned later but I don't remember him showing up at any point between those two events.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

Even Excalibur was off TV for a while over things that he said a decade before in PWG.

I had forgotten about that bit but yea good point, :wtc:

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

MJeff posted:

Rampage activates when you get a kill, it increases your weapon damage by 10% per stack of Rampage. It lasts 3.5 seconds and has a maximum of 3 stacks. By equipping a Rampage Spec mod the duration can be increased from 3.5 seconds to 5 seconds.

I'm more of an MKC guy myself.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Penguin Patrol posted:

i timestamped the only lulu moment anybody needs to watch in order to know that she will be an asset to AEW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qm5zEWZqRY&t=1475s

Gonna be honest this is more of an advertisement for Chris Brookes to join Andrade in Los Ingobernables de AEW because look at how tranquilo that motherfucker is going for that pin.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

smarxist posted:

i know it'll never happen but i'd love to get a look at what a sensitivity training program looks like + who administers it and maybe some of the materials

Well all you gotta do is join a midcard tag team in All Elite Wrestling, do a rap gimmick, then be edgy like its 2008 4chan, and you'll find out.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Wardlow "War Dog" Wardlow

Excuse me we have a dedicated thread for this sort of content.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Does Luther still upload his show in like 240p?

His last one was 360!

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

Hell yea Dante Martin on Dynamite

Hell yea Kris Stat gonna get that W

Hell yea SSB v Good Bros (SSB are not going to win boo)

Hell yea Yuta gonna bless AEW with a bigger number by being a draw, brother

Hell yea :wardlow:

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

Yo yo yo yo yo

Yo

Check it

Shout out to the homies in psp
Make one tiny rape joke and they turn into pussies

Your bad post is made worse by the fact that it doesn't even fit the meter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

britt baker is going to break kurt's neck live on aew dynamite

Jokes on Britt he doesn't have a neck left to break