Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Black 69 47.92%
Legit vs Bunny 15 10.42%
Christian vs Blade 10 6.94%
Jericho vs Juvi 6 4.17%
2.0 and Garcia vs Kingston, Mox and Darby 44 30.56%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I love AEW and I love Cody Rhodes and I love Tommy End

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

Gonna watch in like an hour was it a good Dynamite?

it was a great dynamite

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

which one of you just donated as Mike Kurtz

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

so is next week finally just AEW Dynamite or does it have another subtitle?

its AEW Dynamite: Brittsburgh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Malakai Black gonna do a shooie out of Cody's boot live in Rampage.

he's dutch, not australian

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

why has red velvet been shrinking

shes always been small

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

I hate to say it, but Cody is the best wrestler in N. America right now. He's such an extra dork and is willing to go the extra mile to make sure that shines through.

he has haters because he's too real for modern society

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

What is this from?

the post-show show

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Also that still shot of Cash Wheeler catching his arm on the ringpost and his skin stretching like silly putty was gross as poo poo

that poo poo was gnasty i can't believe it was on tv

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it wasn't until i saw 2.0 on the after show that i realized their gimmick is basically "bob and doug mackenzie if they drank coffee instead of beer"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

https://www.warnerbroscareers.com/find-jobs/?188047

Burying the lede a bit, Warner is looking for a creative manager for AEW's various projects. I don't think this has to do with taking creative control for Dynamite and Rampage, but here's the interesting part:

3 unannounced AEW projects.

can i apply to the job specifically to tell them not to do NFTs

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

smarxist posted:

Lee Johnson has been one of my favorites to watch develop because he started basically from scratch just as I got in, so that showing vs Miro last night was an awesome development step, he played his part perfect, but he also has the goods as well, like he showed against Ben Carter in a "let's blow everyone's loving balls off" Dark match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QODh4ZWyJ-Y

*slow motion footage of Ben Carter while Only Time by Enya plays*

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

lmao did that guy really call us dipshits for not hating the best storyline in wrestling history? what the deuce?!?

that guy gets like, intensely heated mad in every aew thread and it rules

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Minidust posted:

Just finished Dynamite and had to lmao about Excalibur rattling off a quick list of Dutch kickboxing legends to make some point about Black. That's like, peak Excalibur right there.

hearing Ernesto Hoost and Peter Aerts namedropped on national TV made me happy so he's doing his job

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Remember when AEW was new and everyone hated Excalibur cause he wears a mask or whatever

don't remember that at all, to be honest

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fawning deference posted:

Hey everyone remember Scorpio Sky?

yeah he and Ethan Page are probably about to start feuding with the Varsity Blonds for a shot at the tag team titles

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Just realised that we're probably not going to get a Bobby Eaton tribute tag match next week because half of FTR is injured :(

Dax Harwood will have a singles match where he pays tribute to the Robert, Earl of Eaton gimmick so he's Daxton, Baron of Harwood

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

why did some pyf freak post last weeks' aew thread in the sagas thread, what is wrong with people

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mons Hubris posted:

The Luther video is great but my favorite part is how thoroughly he misunderstands what good and bad posting mean.

in Luther's mind, there is only posting

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

I'm starting to think that they did this week's Dynamite, with the usual Elevation and Dark before and after, and then the following night they just started recording another Dark out of habit.

Rome Hat and Ryzin were in the building so they figured they had to have a bunch of matches

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Jake Atlas was the wrestling version of an industry plant and I don’t really care if he gets signed when there are other, better names they could pick up.

But loudly and publicly sign Fuego first before any other names.

the entire bit with Fuego doesn't work if you actually announce that he's signed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Honest question. I'm not sure because I'm just a mark for the guy and it might be clouding my judgment.

How long before they have to turn Malakai Black face?

"turn"?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

serena is absolutely a bad talker

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fez_machine posted:

Hopefully, Kenny gets Ruckus to do a theme for her as well. Emi's attachment to the bad theme is very deep.

Here's her using it at Manami Toyota's retirement show in 2017 https://youtu.be/J7XeS44yQJo?t=531

i'm pretty sure emi has been using the same theme for 25 years, she's not going to change it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

THATB

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

It's not it is a reference to the debut of a former World Champion that night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y5zf0CKXBA

BxB Hulk is All Elite.

god i wish

he could feud with sting over who would be a better goth dad to darby

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"You don't get Wawa until you win." "I've won, a few times!"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i think QT should be given a raise

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

black is gonna make such a killing on shirts with his aesthetic

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I'm a sucker for the bad JR impersonation whenever Kenny is about to shave.

Really, bad JR mimicry is just my jam.

boom boom

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you can tell how caught off guard shaq was by the lack of a crash pad with how he laid flat out, unmoving with a big goofy mouth agape, eyes closed unconscious expression

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zeda Zhang??????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lol the Acclaimed match is gone, i wonder if it was even taped or if they made the match graphic in advance and then accidentally put it in the roll even though the match never happened

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao darby

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

THE JUICE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like the intent should have been clear but fair, I fixed it

it wasn't! hope this helps

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

making up situations of people getting fired and then getting mad about it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

whats this about?

one of the wrestlers from Nightmare Factory's third camp sucks a lot as a person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Wasn't this dissing Janela

no he was saying that sonny's butt wasn't as good as his