Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Cody vs Black 69 47.92%
Legit vs Bunny 15 10.42%
Christian vs Blade 10 6.94%
Jericho vs Juvi 6 4.17%
2.0 and Garcia vs Kingston, Mox and Darby 44 30.56%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

kitten emergency posted:

the second worst use of :10bux: for someone here

I just saw this. Lol we rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I love the storytelling in this Hangman/DO/Elite stuff. When Adam tried, repeatedly, to leave the Elite they told him no. Not only no, but gently caress off and know your place.

He tells DO he needs some space and they respect his wishes - and everything it entails.

Kaz is just a chaos entity.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

I am amused that Cody let himself basically be squashed... and then made himself the focus for the last 10 minutes of the show. It's either genius, hubris or maybe both.

It's fine because the crowd loved it. This isn't him taking someones time or spot. The audience was eating this poo poo up.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cody is great. Without Cody I wouldn't have AEW - period. AND he has never shot himself to the top or put himself over into a position he hasn't earned. I will always rep Cody.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I think this show in its short life has surpassed my enjoyment levels of wrestling shows from when I was a kid - or any other time in my life. What a time to be a fan of wrestling

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Me and the boys hanging out after getting vaxxed and waxxed.

You know what else I love about the Hangman/Kenny storyline. Kenny is amazing. The best wrestler of a generation in a lot of arguments. BUT he is so desperate to get Hangman to believe he's a loser. Because he feels that threat coming. He can see this being a problem. And the more Hangman stands up to him the more desperate he gets.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/LegitLeyla/status/1423111110786527235?s=19

Bad rear end

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Man I'm still riding high from my usual post Dynamite feeling - I'm gonna play Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster. Goodnight gentlegoons.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

One more thing - my daughter marked out when Christian sang the Golden Girls theme.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh man what if Hangman knows Kenny and them watch this show - so he puts on a big show of not having backup, and of the backup making a big public show of not getting involved - only for them to actually have his back in the title match? In AEW - honestly it wouldn't shock me.

Also I've seen a few people in this thread say they are tired of this story or they need to wrap it up quick but I have enjoyed every minute of it. AEW flourished in the pandemic era so if they have to go back to that I know they still will. I'm happy to go everywhere they take me at the moment because I've enjoyed it all. Maybe I'm easy to please I dunno

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

It was so drat good. Cody is so god drat over it's insane, and now Malakai Black is the hot new heel who kicked his rear end so hard in like five minutes flat that it made Cody want to retire. Malakai looks like a monster, and when Cody comes back they can have a huge blowoff to the feud.

But oof that Jericho - Juvi match. Juvi looked insanely rusty in the ring and the match was a god drat mess.

E: also lol at JR calling Juventud "this young man"

Whenever JR refers to someone as a young person or kid I figure he's like my grandpa. He's so old - everyone is a young person!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The337th posted:

I'm so relieved AEW is just gonna tell the Hangman story the way they want it to be told and not the way it's supposed to play out in the heads of a few people on a forum determined to work themselves into a shoot over the heel Elite.

Big agreement here.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

What a great henchman

https://twitter.com/BranCutler/status/1423257362866085890

Also this is great

https://twitter.com/EvilUno/status/1423237698668666882

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

your friend wicka posted:

I'm praising AEW and still crying, nerd

I cry a lot. And I love AEW.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You know what interesting - all the heel champs have had big groups to watch their backs. I assume MJF will be the next heel champ and he will too. I want to see what a Miro World Champ looks like where he has no backup but is no less threatening and insurmountable.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Crapple! posted:

someone is going to think this poo poo is great! glad for you dipshits

Aw that's nice of you. Thanks so much :D

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Kirios posted:

The fact that The Elite are working some of y'all so much should really credit how good of heels they are being right now. I think their current run is going to be looked back on as a historically great heel faction.

Dude I was born and raised in Texas and I ain't gonna let bored Facebook moms take my birthright.

Hell yeah same. I come from New Orleans. You ain't takin our yall.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CopywrightMMXI posted:

“Y’all”, “Yat” “who Dat” and “baby” are the four pillars of New Orleans diction.

Hell yeah it is

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ChrisBTY posted:

I presume that by leaving one boot in the boot he is now half-retired and as such can only show up on every other Dynamite.

And ok, ok. Outside of the Elite stuff I have to ask; what is the point of heeling in general? Why make your fans hate you?
Is the answer 'because that way it feels rewarding when the face beats you up?'
If the answer is yes, then what is the point of heeling once the fans have reached max hype and couldn't possibly be any more excited to see the face beat you up?

Like anything, you can have heels heel it up too much like nWo. And on the flip side you can have faces face it up to much like peak Super Cena. I'm not saying this is a perfect balance but The Elite are not going too much yet. They ate poo poo not too long ago in that match with Eddie and Penta. And Kenny eats poo poo all the time.

But to answer your question - heeling in general is a great way to sell your tickets. More people will buy an event to watch someone kick someone else's rear end because they are pissed off than they will if it's instead just to watch two people wrestle to see who is the better wrestler.

Of course there is alot more nuance to it than that but that's a very basic version of it. Wrestling is the kind of entertainment where the bad guys win sometimes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This thread reminds me of the old WWE threads back around 2006 or 7. When a lot of us still cared. So while I disagree with some opinions in here, or think some people's expectations don't make sense to me, I am at least happy to see so many people care about wrestling again :)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

Praise be to Number

Hail Satan - for he brings us the good number

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I was thinking about Caster at the gym today. I was kinda getting won over by him for his weirdness. But then with the raps about Julia and him thirsting for Max and it being 100 percent unwanted just gives me bad vibes. I don't know if there is something sus about that dude but I'm certainly seeing smoke. I don't think I can mess with him anymore until he cuts this poo poo out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Big ol' hmmmmmmm

https://twitter.com/MadKing1981/status/1423432121620828161

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Natural 20 posted:

Dynamite was great, the Codyverse has been pretty amazing recently.

I'm kinda miffed that my portents about Hangman are coming true. He's sat there retreading the same ground that we did earlier this year. Yeah he might win the championship but he's just not going to be as hot as he was last week.

I would be willing to add onto my prob bet that when he has his title match he is as hot if not hotter than last week.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

Yeah, she was an actual employee, so she had a longer non-compete and didn't get paid during it.

Wait - do they give her a severance package? How can it be legal to tell someone they can't work anywhere and to not pay them? And don't say America I wan an actual explanation lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

non-compete doesn't mean you can't work anywhere it just means you can't work for competition

Do they typically spell out specifically who they consider competition? Like can she not sleep or get paid for sleeping?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I loved his deer antler mask, I loved his shorts - made him look like Sagat. Tommy End is rad as hell. I like him but I know 13 year old me would have loved his devil poo poo as much as I loved Ministry Undertaker and Kane.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rewatched the trios tag match and the main event from wednesday. Good stuff. Love me some AEW.

Also I'm gonna put this out there - despite that report that AEW no longer plans to have Hangman main event the next ppv I'm not 100% convinced that's true. Because the Elite keep talking about how they took away the main event and they kept the angle going the next week. There are plenty of shows between now and then to get Hangman back in the title picture AND to have a Christian title match. We'll see.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

:toxx: If Hangman isn't fighting for the title at the next PPV, probe me for a week :toxx:

To go along with my :toxx: when hangman fights for the title next he beats Kenny and wins it or else probe me for 2 months :toxx:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

just so you aren't throwing yourself down a hole for no reason, I'm going to suggest you clarify whether "next PPV" means All Out or the next PPV after it

:toxx: If Hangman isn't fighting for the title at ALL OUT on Sept. 5th 2021, probe me for a week :toxx:

To go along with my :toxx: when hangman fights for the title next he beats Kenny and wins it or else probe me for 2 months :toxx:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

beggar posted:

Makes me sad when my posting friends toxx themselves into leaving for a time. Gets a little lonely sometimes, is all.

You think of me as a friend? aww :)

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm confused - is this new stuff coming up or the same old stuff coming back up? I thought the old stuff was cleared or there wasn't enough evidence one way or another

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Literal points people here brought up

https://twitter.com/Alan_V_Angels/status/1423332156554858500?s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

Hawlee confirmed it was him last year as well. The only new thing here is the DM from Priscilla Kelly (which is kind of hosed up because Hawlee is basically outing her as having been sexually abused unless PK has said that in the past).

That's why I'm confused because it seems like a retread

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That's like a build in ECW. "You suck and also gently caress you" - title match next week - sold out

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

As far as Hangman's whole arc goes, you could start with Hangman vs Jericho for the kickoff to all Hangman's angst, then the story of his tag team with Kenny Omega goes "Vs SCU, vs Young Bucks, vs FTR". He has a singles match worth watching with Kenny after that, and then here we are more or less

BTW Kenny Omega and Hangman Adam Page vs the Young Bucks is THE BEST tag team match of all time. Go look it up.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Man yall seen the WWE thread. loving lol - sLEep iS oUr cOmPETitIOn

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Beardless John silver with hair

https://twitter.com/TonyNese/status/1423789623751368718?s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alan_Shore posted:

The problem is that the women's wrestling is not as good as the men's wrestling ergo we get way more men's wrestling. It is known

What an awful snipe

Err men's gimmick suggestion it's the Sheriff of Nottingham from Disney's Robin Hood. He just loves his jobs and collects taxes. When he beats you he takes your money. There's a lot of backstage skits including the best friends trying to hide their money but he always finds it hidden in their hats or bandages

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not but yikes if not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/BookingTheElite/status/1424441586658824193