Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Nevermind I did some more research and the thing I thought sounded extremely powerful is broadly considered to be mediocre.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Edit- wasn't sure it fit the rules but they do get a spell. Hooray

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 16, 2021

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I can't ever stop making characters, it's a problem Gonna post the stats here from mobile then finish writeups from my PC and clean up the stat blocks.

Lamor, the Azarketi princeling who doesn't even want to be here, DAD.

As a prince of the Azarketi, even one statistically unlikely to inherit, life was supposed to be FUN. The past decade, training in the deeps with the greatest warriors of the realm, had been amazing. His first trip to the surface he had felt like a god, weightless and impossibly strong. He hadn't known that they would leave him there, forcing him to experience the slow desiccation brought on by long-term exposure to the air. He didn't mind learning, per se. But being forced into such lessons, especially through trickery, grated. And now he was expected to LIVE there, the greatest indignity of all.

Who CARES how many prior generations of princes were trained in the Magaambya? Let some of his cousins fulfill the realm's diplomatic obligations. Those nerds would love it. Lamor wants to dive deep, explore caves, and stab Alghollthus, not READ. But his father was quite clear, if he did not graduate, he would be disinherited. With no money, prestige, or most importantly warriors at his back, he would be overwhelmed quickly by any Alghollthu he was unlucky enough to encounter.

So here he stands, a loyal family servant at his side to make sure he doesn't run off, waiting with a crowd of commoners for admission to a school he does not want to attend, to study from books what he could be learning from practical experience.

quote:

Lamor, Fighter 1
Ancient Scale Azarketi, Family Sponsored
Medium N
Humanoid

Str 18 (+4)
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 14 (+2)
Int 12 (+1)
Wis 8 (-1)
Cha 12 (+1)

HP 20
Perception +4; Low-Light Vision Darkvision
Speed 20 feet

AC 17 (+19 with shield raised), Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +2

Attacks:
Melee Gill Hook +9 (Azarketi, Grapple, Reach, Uncommon), Damage 1d10+4 (P)

Melee Boarding Axe +9 (Agile, Azarketi, Climbing, Uncommon, Versatile P), Damage 1d6+4 (S)

Melee Dagger +9 (Agile, Finesse, Thrown 10 ft., Versatile S), Damage 1d4+4 (P)

Melee Trident +9 (Thrown 20 ft.), Damage 1d8+4 (P)

Skills: Acrobatics +5, Arcana +4, Athletics +7, Crafting +4, Diplomacy +4, Lore: Azarketi +4, Lore: Specific Place +4, Society +4, Stealth +5

Languages: Alghollthu, Aquan, Common

Feats/Abilities:
Shield Block 
Attack of Opportunity
Sudden Charge 
Ancient Scale Azarketi
Azarketi Lore
Hobnobber

Additional Specials: Hydration

Items Studded Leather, Wooden Shield (Hardness 3, HP 12, BT 6)

Nok, the rat who knew too much.

"Daddy always said I ate too many magic books." Nok will tell anyone willing to listen, "That's why I got all this know-how. I come from Absalom, it's a big city, metropolis, in the middle of the Inner Sea. It's where the Starstone is. If you want to ascend to godhood, you have to pass its test. My family lives in the sewer system. I was going to be a priest, but I have difficulties because of eating the books. I get lost in all the words and information. Did you know there are three times as many people in Absalom as in the capital of Cheliax? We visited some topsider priests and wizards, hoping to resolve my issues. They couldn't help me with my fits but suggested I should come here and learn things from reading, rather than continuing to eat books that fall into the sewers. "

quote:

Nok, Oracle 1
Sewer Ratfolk, Stranger Sponsored
Small NG
Rat Humanoid

Str 8 (-1)
Dex 14 (+2)
Con 12 (+1)
Int 14 (+2)
Wis 12 (+1)
Cha 18 (+4)

HP 15
Perception +4; Low-Light Vision
Speed 25 feet

AC 16 (padded armor)
Fort +4
Ref +5
Will +6

Spell DC 17 attack +7 

Melee Staff +2 (Two-Hand d8), Damage 1d4-1 (B)

Melee Shears +5 (Deadly d8, Finesse, Uncommon, Versatile P), Damage 1d4-1 (S)

Skills Acrobatics +2, Athletics -1, Crafting +5, Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Lore: Absolom Lore +5, Lore: Insect +5, Occultism +5, Religion +4, Society +5, Stealth +5, Survival +4, Thievery +5

Languages Common, Gnoll, Goblin, Ysoki

Divine Known Spells ,
1st Purify Food and Drink, Heal, Mending (2 slots); 

Cantrips Stabilize, Shield, Disrupt Undead, Prestidigitation, Light, Read Aura

Focus Spells (2 points) 
Brain Drain
Scholarly Recollection 

Additional Feats
Dubious Knowledge]
Sewer Rat
Tinkering Fingers
Additional Specials Lore Mystery Additional Lore (Lore: Absolom Lore), Mystery (Lore), Mystery Domain Spell (Knowledge), Oracular Curse, Revelation Spells

Shumak, the fleshwarp monk.

High on a rocky promontory sat an electric monk on a bored horse. It watched with interest as the blob rolled, no flowed, out of the forest and slowly up the mountain. Situated as the monastery was above the Mana Wastes, the residents were well aware of the proclivities of the civilizations below. Aberrations like this were known, though rarely encountered.

The blob slowed as it neared the monk, so the monk called out a greeting. The creature quivered and for a moment near its surface was the impression of a face. The mouth opened, then the layer of flesh inside also parted and the "Hello" was echoed back. This apparently took quite an effort, as the blob noticeably drooped and spread. The monk considered a moment before inviting the creature to accompany it back to the monastery.

There, it joined the monks in their daily mediations. Over the following months, it improved its control, maintaining chants and mantras for hours without losing shape and becoming conversant in the common tongue. As years passed it acquired a humanoid shape capable of mimicking the daily martial training. With no name and no memory of its origin, the monks called it Shumak, candle, for its lumpy, flowing textures.

Finally, the grandmaster invited Shumak to a meeting. Simply put, the fleshwarp had come to the monastery as the equivalent of a child. Now, as an adult in its own right, it must go out into the world and experience what there is. It must learn to understand the world so it can understand why the ways of the monastery are correct. "Because you lack even the most basic context of life outside of the monastery, you won't be simply ejected. We've found you a place in a school, with other children also leaving their families for the first time."

quote:

Shumak, Monk 1
Medium LN
Created Fleshwarp, village sponsored

Str +4, Dex +2, Con +2, Int +0, Wis +1, Cha +0

HP 22
AC 17 (+18 with shield raised), Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +6
Perception +4; Low-Light Vision

Languages Common

Skills Acrobatics +5, Athletics +7, Intimidation +3, Lore: Warfare +3, Nature +4, Religion +4, Stealth +5

Items Explorer's Clothing, Buckler (Hardness 3, HP 6, BT 3)

Speed 25 feet
Dragon Stance
Flurry of Blows
Additional Feats: Created Fleshwarp, Intimidating Glare, Quick Coercion, Startling Appearance
Additional Specials: Powerful Fist, Unusual Anatomy

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 18, 2021

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Rumor travels fast so when one of us has a creative solution to a problem everyone will hear about it. That's a great approach. I generally prefer milestone but this is just as good. Individual exp is bad and hybrid systems are too complicated.