Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RobbZombae
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

...and I have tried everything I can think of, then tried the first 5 pages of Google suggestions and then tried it all again.

After a Driver Booster update the touchpad on my Lenovo Thinkpad S340 (Windows 10) stopped working. A little investigation revealed that it had been completely wiped from the laptop, it doesn't appear in the Settings/Devices sidebar and is completely absent from Devices Manager. There is NOTHING on this laptop that refers to the touchpad or synaptics.

Rolling back the update via Driver Booster didn't work.
Formatting the laptop didn't work.
Touchpad does not appear on the BIOS so can't be switched on/off.
Windows Store synaptics app will not install.

I am totally dumb-founded. Isn't there a way that a touchpad can be reinstalled? What if I had installed my own touchpad or replaced the part? Isn't there even like a generic touchpad app/driver that will make this thing work again?

Any help with this would be amazing and really appreciated.

--

Operating system: Windows 10
System specs: Lenovo Thinkpad S340

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

So you're on the very latest version of W10 with all updates?

Make sure you have the latest BIOS update for the laptop.