Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Been thinking of upgrading to this from Diablo III seasonal grinding but it seems like I need to read a book on how to actually play it right.

you will prolly like it a lot if you like d3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Muscle Wizard posted:

you will prolly like it a lot if you like d3.

yeah seconding this it's a little overwhelming at first but you get a good idea of what you're 'supposed to be doing' even if you just blind copy a build and gently caress around with it. i'm still extremely new to the game and i've already found a few tweaks in the ice trapper build i copied that i like/suit my playstyle a bit more/whatever

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or you can be me and never follow builds and just be an absolute dipshit for like 4 years. the last league or two has been the first time i make builds that aren't a dumpster fire

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
i have played poe sincve beta and ive never followed a guide ever. pretty much everything works at this point.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

The mega sphere grid that is the Passive Skill Tree can be really overwhelming at first but yeah for your first build don't sweat it. Just do what's fun but don't neglect investing in HP, that's where most new players go wrong I think. It starts to really catch up with you by act 3 if you dont. Last time I played it was last year when they buffed melee skills, IDK if they're still good now but it's a fun game pretty much regardless of what you do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I downloaded this and breathed very deeply when I saw the skill tree and closed the game. One day I'll be in the mood...leaving it installed at least.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

big new expac today, comes out in about an hour. im hoipe

the amount of new stuff on top of revamps of old stuff every 3-4months is totally batshit crazy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

big new expac today, comes out in about an hour. im hoipe

the amount of new stuff on top of revamps of old stuff every 3-4months is totally batshit crazy

I'm fairly hoipe myself brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Path of No Sex Style.