Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Your dreams also hosed up?
OMG its not a tuggin thread?
You Tuggin?
gently caress off Derpies
Goku
View Results

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My three main archetypes that recur are pretty straightforward. Two bad, one good.

The first is a super religious imagery laden nightmare. One wherein revelations or similar plays out but no one that does what they should has anything positive happen. These nightmares don't typically involve me in them, I'm just observing and unable to do anything as loved ones are consumed by fire and their flesh eaten away by insects. Not so fun.

The next nightmare is the layered one. The content itself differs but the core of it is that I have a nightmare and I "wake up", but then I quickly realise I'm still dreaming. Things still go horribly. I can actually lucid dream in these nightmares because I am aware they are nightmares. But my brain seems to correct for it so no matter what I do to help myself it is countered by my own brain.
The real trick is that I have a layer where I die or something horrible shocks me, I "wake up" and it repeats. The content doesn't matter but after nine layers and I really genuinely wake up I spend hours, I mean hours, questioning reality and looking for any signs. Because I have memory and lucidity problems at times anyway and losing touch with reality permanently is one of my biggest fears.

The last one I simply call "movie dreams". These are good. Unlike most dreams these are logical and connected. There's no smash cuts, nothing is out of place, there's a plot, there's camera angles, everything. I'm never in these. It is literally a movie I watch. I've had some brilliant ones I still remember. Those are my favourite dreams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU