Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

2021 Oklahoma Sooners

Last Season: Oklahoma started the season in rather bad shape with both Ronnie Perkins and Rhamondre Stevenson being suspended for failing a drug test for weed prior to their bowl game the previous year. During the first half of the season the team struggled with redshirt freshman quarterback Spencer Rattler making mistakes that you would expect first time starters. It didn't help with Rhamodre Stevenson being out for half the season severely hampered the run game to make up for it. They started out 0-2 dropping games to both Kansas State and Iowa state which would be their only losses for the entire season. Things were looking bad and Riley even sat Rattler for a decent chunk of time during the game against Texas. When Rattler came back into the game he engineered a miraculous comeback beating Texas 53-45 in overtime. At the same time the Defense stepped up only giving up an average of 17 points after the Texas game. They replayed Iowa State for the big 12 championship and beat them in a comparatively low scoring game of 27-21. In the Cotton Bowl the soundly defeated an offensively weekend Florida 55-20. I'm sure with a full offensive roster the game would of been closer, but the Florida defense was no where to be seen the entire game.

Upcoming season: Spencer Rattler is probably the best returning starting quarterback this year. This receiving group is elite with guys like Marvin Mims, Theo Wease, Jadon Haselwood, incoming transfer Mike Woods, and Drake Stoops. The running game should be vastly improved with Kennedy Brooks returning from his opt out season along with transfers Eric Gray and Levontre Bradford from Tennessee and LSU respectively. Even with the loss of Trejan Bridges and Seth McGowan due to armed robbery the skill positions looks absolutely terrific. If the offensive line can gel throughout the season the sky is the limit. Defensively the front seven should compete with the best in the league. Perrion Winfrey and Isaiah Thomas absolutely maul opposing linemen while Nik Bonitto is a great pass rusher. The Secondary shows promise and is more of an unknown but has the potential to be good. As for special teams Gabe Birkic is a great kicker and there are plenty of speedy receivers to switch out for returners. As for the punting it doesn't matter since we punt maybe twice a game at most.

Schedule

At Tulane: Oklahoma should have this in the bag. A shame future conference member LSU is afraid and refuses to even schedule a home game with them.

Western Carolina: There isn't much to be said about this matchup. Oklahoma could probably beat them with with only the third string. It'll also be the yearly ppv and no one will watch it anyway.

Nebraska: A return to one of the most storied rivalries in all of college football. I wish I could say This will be a good game, but Oklahoma should blow them out easily.

West Virginia: The Mountaineers should have a pretty good defense however the talent discrepancy is just to large for them to overcome.

At Kansas State: Kansas State has no business beating Oklahoma at all. That being said they have lost to them two years in a row.

Texas: Texas is the only team that can match Oklahoma talent wise. With a new coaching staff and quarterback Oklahoma should win this game. Texas always plays great against Oklahoma though so realistically I'd give it 50/50 for just that factor alone.

TCU: Honestly I have no idea how TCU is supposed to be this year but Oklahoma should probably win.

At Kansas: If Oklahoma loses this game they should be stripped of all titles and the program should receive the death penalty.

Texas Tech They simply don't have the talent to hang with Oklahoma and should be an easy win.

At Baylor: gently caress Baylor forever.

Iowa State: Now this is the only team in the big 12 that should give Oklahoma trouble. This team doesn't have any weaknesses and we will probably face them again in the championship game.

Oklahoma State: A rivalry in name only. Oklahoma dominates this series and i doubt it will change this year.

Best Case: Oklahoma has all the peices to make a run for the natty this year.
Worst Case: Due to covid and/or injuries they lose some games while their overall talent should see them win most games with a weakened roster. 8-5.
My Pick: This is the year they win a playoff game after going undefeated in the regular season and ending up as the 1 or 2 seed instead of the 3/4th seed. They should play competitively in the natty however Alabama or Clemson may prove to be to much. 14-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU