Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Sucks to hear that about Shoya, but better to figure it out now before he takes too many bumps and has a Yamamura situation.

After a couple of days of computer problems, I'm finally able to watch the Sambo Hall show. Ishin/Fujiwara whipped, excellent match, and I really liked Estrella/SMJ, though the crowd didn't really seem into it until the end. Vibes saving Ho Ho was really fun, that like five-guy Matirx run-kick that Jacky hit was insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Triple-header in Sapporo for the next three days. Also a homecoming show for both Kzy and BxB Hulk.

5/20:
KOG 1st Round: Kaito Ishida vs Susumu Mochizuki
KOG 1st Round: BxB Hulk vs Naruki Doi

5/21:
KOG 1st Round: Jason Lee vs Ben-K
KOG 1st Round: Dragon Kid vs Diamante

5/22:
KOG 1st Round: Kzy vs Kota Minoura

Apparently the Shimizu match is off again. They thought he'd be ring-ready by the time it happened, but he's not quite there yet. Not sure if this means Takashi Yoshida gets a 2nd round bye or not, because no replacement has been announced.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

No Big Boss means it’s NOSAWA’s time to shine baby

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

No Big Boss means it’s NOSAWA’s time to shine baby

It's the summer of Cyber Kong

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ishin vs Fujiwara was real good

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
5/20 Sapporo ii-one Stadium card:

8 Man Tag Team Match (free)
Kzy/U-T/Jason/JFK vs KAI/SBK/Shun/Diamante

② Tag Team Match
Minoura/Minorita vs Ben-K/Yoshida

③ 6 Man Tag Team Match
Ultimo/Dia/Yoshioka vs Mondai/SMJ/Ishin Iihashi

④ King of Gate 2022 1st Round Match
Kaito Ishida vs Susumu Mochizuki

⑤ 6 Man Tag Team Match
YAMATO/DK/Okuda vs Fujii/Genki/Kikuta

⑥ King of Gate 2022 1st Round Match
BxB Hulk vs Naruki Doi

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 22, 2022

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I guess Ishida & Doi wins, but wouldn't be shocked it it was Susumu getting a win too

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Minorita wants to take Shimizu's place in KoG against Yoshida since he beat him by countout. Saito agrees.

Sometimes I forget how good BxB Hulk still is. Main event is well worth your time.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 12:05 on May 20, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hulk/Doi ruled. Maybe my second favorite match of KoG so far after Yoshioka/YAMATO.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
5/21 Sapporo ii-one Stadium card:

① King of Gate 2022 1st Round Match
Jason Lee vs. Ben-K (free)

② 6 Man Tag Team Match
Fujii/Susumu/Genki vs. Kikuta/Ishin/Fujiwara

③ Tag Team Match
YAMATO/Okuda vs. D'courage

④ 8 Man Tag Team Match
Ultimo/Yoshida/Mondai/SMJ vs. KAI/BxB/SBK/Shun

⑤ King of Gate 2022 1st Round Match
Dragon Kid vs. Diamante

⑥ 6 Man Tag Team Match
Kzy/U-T/JFK vs. Doi/Ishida/Minoura (w/Minorita)

Main Event Jacky :hellyeah:

-YAMATO says HIGH-END is fine without Jason because they expect a positive response from Strong Machine J after KoG.
-SBK came out with a Cleanpa mascot plushie and I kinda want one.
-Minorita's new gear is hilarious. Jae compared him to Detective Conan.
-Kzy criticizes Minoura for letting his mini do all his talking. Minoura says he's been waiting for a year to get back at Kzy for last year's KoG.
-Perros will defend the Triangle Gate belts at NOAH's Korakuen show on June 7, so I guess they haven't cut ties after all - they're just not under contract.

Third Sapporo show tonight is an early afternoon show, so probably a bit easier than usual for North American fans to catch live: 1PM JST / 4AM GMT / 12AM EST / 9PM PST

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 21, 2022

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Oh dang, 9PM PST + weekend means I can watch a DG show live for once. :bubblewoop:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
5/22 Sapporo card:

① Tag Team Match
Shun/Diamante vs. Kamei/Kikuta (free)

② King of Gate 2022 1st Round Match
Takashi Yoshida vs. Minorita

③ 10 Man Tag Team Match
Ultimo/Fujii/Dragon Kid/Susumu/Genki vs. Dia/Yoshioka/Mondai/SMJ/Fujiwara

④ Tag Team Match
U-T/Jason vs. Doi/Ishida

⑤ 6 Man Tag Team Match
YAMATO/Ben-K/Okuda vs. KAI/BxB/SBK

⑥ King of Gate 2022 1st Round Match
Kzy vs. Minoura

-House show tomorrow will have the KoG 2nd round match between (spoiler if you didn't see Doi/Hulk yet) BxB/Kikuta, which will be on their Youtube channel.
-Day after that is Shoya Sato's retirement match, which I assume they'll put on Youtube as well.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:22 on May 22, 2022

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Minorita :allears:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:lmao:

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
It's kind of insane how Minorita managed to become the best part of Gold Class and now he's getting wins for them too.

The rest haven't had an angle since they were doing the "we're only recruiting young pretty boys" thing at the beginning, and now the rest don't seem to be doing that much. I hope they get something going after King of Gate; tournaments usually slow down the unit storylines.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I imagine someone joins GC in the leadup to Kobe World or shortly after. Or maybe another 2021 rookie once they're healthy.

smh at Chinsuke using the WWE theme and not Subconscious :colbert:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
HELL YES IT'S KZY TIME!!!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

-SBK came out with a Cleanpa mascot plushie and I kinda want one.

Clenpa plushie with the Dragongate logo, money merch right there. Also think there's money in a Stalker match against the Clenpa mascot. A Kobe World match if ever there was one.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If you didn't watch Kzy/Minoura for some reason, Minoura hits an insane twisting Falcon Arrow that's cool as poo poo.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Just thinking out loud, but I noticed that if the rest of Z-Brats win their KoG matches, that means Kzy has to take out 3 ZBs, and then a 4th at Kobe to win the Dream Gate. If that's how it shakes out, I suddenly love the baffling KoG results. It also means North Tribe finals. :getin:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Dumb question, but is there a second chance rumble this year? Even with a single elimination bracket?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Pretty sure Jae mentioned there wouldn't be one when discussing how Hyo's strategy last year of spoiling every match through double count-outs and advancing through the battle royale wouldn't work this year.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Last year only had a battle royal because KoG was a round robin that was supposed to be 4 blocks, but pretty much an entire block got wiped out by injuries and positive Covid tests. Then the battle royal was sort of hastily booked because they didn't know what was going to happen with the roster by Kobe World.

There's a new DG FUTURE episode on the network if you want to see a couple new guys, Kaito Nagano & Takuma Nishikawa. Both are pretty good so far. Nagano's on the smaller side but he's fast and has good strikes, and Nishikawa seems to be a good all-arounder.

5/23 @ Hakodate:
1) Susumu/Fujii/Mondai vs Ultimo/Yoshida/Katsuo (Donan Ring)
2) King of Gate 2022 2nd Round Match: Madoka Kikuta vs BxB Hulk

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 24, 2022

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
5/24 @ Yamagata:
1) YAMATO/DK/Ben-K/Okuda vs KAI/Diamante/Shun/SBK
2) King of Gate 2022 2nd Round Match: Yuki Yoshioka vs U-T
3) Sato/Ishin/Fujiwara/Minorita vs Fujii/Mochi/Susumu/Saito

Shoya Sato's retirement match. Also Ryo Saito's first match since the Jimmyz reunion.

5/29 will have an Osaka show, and then 6/2 & 6/3 is a Korakuen double-header.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

drat that U-T/Yoshioka match was really good.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
unlike Bryan Alvarez we actually vetted the alleged wrestler trying to contact the western media about Nosawa booking DG (first half hour, I walk y’all through the whole thing as it happened at least to me).

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1529225870493093889?s=21&t=-ErBLquSeWM-tUHqf6SX3Q

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I think I speak for all Dragongate fans when, after hearing the start of the podcast (& then turning it off because I've still to watch the Sapporo triple shot) I breathed a sigh of relief. Although the rumour never really seemed to make much sense, after what I've seen go on with NOAH I just assume the worst is always possible.

Anyway, finally started the Sapporo shows & thought 1) Jason Lee seems like a natural fit for NV already, which I don't really think I expected. 2) Opening 8 man tag was, predictably, a blast 3) Loved Susumu vs Kaito 4) Doi vs Hulk exceeded expectations. Can't fault that.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

On one hand the weirdness around Perros and Eita has made me wonder about NOSAWAs role in the company but on the other hand Alvarez is not the guy I’m going to for my Dragon Gate scoops.

Anyways have some round two action

5/25 Niigata digest
▼U-T & JFK & Jason vs. KAI & SBK & Diamante
▼#KingOfGate2022 2nd Round
Skywalker vs. Machine J
▼#KingOfGate2022 2nd Round
Kzy vs. Minorita

https://youtu.be/wieW6XyN6_0

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, this was a rumor that didn't pass the most rudimentary of smell tests, and I have to believe the only reason it got by Alvarez is because they barely cover DG.

I knew something was off because DG does everything in-house. They're not giving the book to an outsider. OTVG also hit on a great point about the letter being in fluent English. Most DG guys are nowhere near fluent so it would narrow it down to a very small handful, and the majority's second language is Spanish due to the Mexico connection. It screams of a fan with a bone to pick against NOSAWA trying to stir up poo poo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, this was a rumor that didn't pass the most rudimentary of smell tests, and I have to believe the only reason it got by Alvarez is because they barely cover DG.

I knew something was off because DG does everything in-house. They're not giving the book to an outsider. OTVG also hit on a great point about the letter being in fluent English. Most DG guys are nowhere near fluent so it would narrow it down to a very small handful, and the majority's second language is Spanish due to the Mexico connection. It screams of a fan with a bone to pick against NOSAWA trying to stir up poo poo.

Maybe CIMA asked Jack Cartwheel to write it after they were on the GLEAT show together :tinfoil:

(I'm not being serious, obviously)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm pretty sure it was the same troll who pretended to be SHO on Twitch for a year/kept editing SHO's Wikipedia page/menaces the VOW Discord. Nice to see him branching out from the Murder Machine.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm pretty sure it was the same troll who pretended to be SHO on Twitch for a year/kept editing SHO's Wikipedia page/menaces the VOW Discord. Nice to see him branching out from the Murder Machine.

yeah at the end of the day, i'm pretty convinced it's them. talked with someone who had a real galaxy brain mark pickering guess, but that's not anything anyone will ever figure out unless someone analyzed the email (which lol, i was interested enough to try to set up someone to do that if i got my hands on it).

at the end of the day, my biggest things about it was that alvarez has such a wide audience and he is someone who was a journalist for x years that he should have been able to be like "well, i can't vet this, i shouldn't report it" because everyone else who got the fishy message just passed because they didn't trust it.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M3NHQ5I-TU&t=1501s

Noticed this right after the Yoshioka/U-T match on the 24th. I'm not sure if we had all the dates announced for the remaining matches, but according to this board they have, the semis & finals are both at the 6/2 Korakuen.

Presumably they're not doing the finals at the 6/3 Korakuen separately because it's the Toryumon Reunion show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Today's show from Akaiwa is up on Youtube (well, 3 matches)

King of Gate Second Round: Jacky Funky Kamei vs Shuji Kondo
Natural Vibes (Jason Lee, Kzy & U-T) & Shachihoko BOY vs Ho Ho Lun, Madoka Kikuta, Masaaki Mochizuki & Ultimo Dragon
King of Gate Second Round: Kaito Ishida vs Keisuke Okuda

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Kickboys match ruled as expected. they murdered each other lol.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Thanks for posting the last couple house show links, work's been pretty all-consuming lately.

Jacky's sell on the King Kong Lariat made it look like absolute murder. Okuda/Ishida reminded me of how much more of a kickboy Okuda used to be in Mochizuki Dojo, before he leaned more into the MMA style. Shachi trying to do the Vibes dance was funny as hell. What the hell were the belts he brought to the ring? It looked like he made them himself.

Osaka card:

① 6 Man Tag Team Match
U-T/JFK/Kikuta vs KAI/HYO/SBK (free)

② King of Gate 2022 Quarterfinal
Yuki Yoshioka vs Diamante

③ 6 Man Tag Team Match
Minoura/Doi/Minorita vs Dia/Estrella/Fujiwara

④ King of Gate 2022 Quarterfinal
BxB Hulk vs Jason Lee

⑤ 6 Man Tag Team Match
YAMATO/Kagetora/DK vs Eita/NOSAWA/Suzuki

⑥ 8 Man Tag Team Match
Ultimo/Mochi/Ben-K/Okuda vs Fujii/Susumu/Genki/Yoshida

⑦ King of Gate 2022 Quarterfinal
Shuji Kondo vs Kaito Ishida (winners of the Youtube matches)

⑧ King of Gate 2022 Quarterfinal
Kzy vs Shun Skywalker

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 10:11 on May 29, 2022

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh gently caress I hope Jason didn't get legit concussed :ohdear: He wasn't moving and was carried out, but no stretcher or medics out there so I REALLY hope it's just very good selling.

SaiRyo telling Perros they can't make title defense matches on their own, but will allow the defense in NOAH and "orders" them to retain.

Definitely an odd final four, but wow that Kzy/Shun match ruled. Great show overall.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 12:35 on May 29, 2022

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Diamante/Yoshioka was a great match, they had fantastic chemistry with each other.

Hulk/Jason Yeah something was off in that match. Hulk dominated the entire thing until Jason won with a roll-up, he was definitely out at some point, probably the tree of woe spot, I think. Hope he's alright.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 29, 2022

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

When the gently caress is Kzy time :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
who do you think is winning the tournament at this point?