Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

aj brown is aj brown but the 18th pick could be anything

it could even be aj brown!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Tremendously terrible decision by the Titans.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

:shuckyes:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I want to die. That is pretty drat good value for him but wtf we haven’t had a good wide receiver in so long. The relationship must have really been poisoned

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

The NFL Network guys were basically laughing because their player comparison for Treylon Burks was... AJ Brown lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
gently caress

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Came here to AJ Brown post wtf

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
At least AJ is getting paid but drat this sucks.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol titans, you IDIOTS

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I think burks is a really good fit here but drat. Should have just paid AJ. It is what it is I guess, if the team starts to rebuild after this season when they can get tannehill off the books it makes sense to not have a huge wr contract? Maybe?

No this is dumb as dirt. At least we will always have a ton of insanely great highlights. Hope AJ is excited

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
Won't worry, Burks might be OK. He could turn into a good receiver if you're lucky. Maybe he could turn out like say... AJ Brown.

My team traded for Carson Wentz and I think this is dumb.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Depending on how you feel about Trayvon Walker its arguable the Texans had the best first round of the AFC South lol

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
well tonight made me sad

wouldn't pay aj, so you scramble to get a replacement aj, just a net negative draft

and you ain't rebuilding poo poo, they're tryna win now, derrick henry ain't got all decade

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
That they couldn’t get more than a 1st and a 3rd for AJ is loving criminal and JROB is now on my HOT SEAT

We better hit on some good players tomorrow of this draft will suck rear end

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Demon Of The Fall posted:

That they couldn’t get more than a 1st and a 3rd for AJ is loving criminal and JROB is now on my HOT SEAT

We better hit on some good players tomorrow of this draft will suck rear end

I have very little sympathy :colbert:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
yeah i think I'm fully checked out on the titans at this point

what the gently caress

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
So AJB gave some quotes to turron davenport stating that the Titans offer to him was 16 million a year that could escalate to 20 with incentives, and his agent was looking for 22 a year minimum. I know the team is basically looking at a cap nightmare but it’s not my money and I don’t give a crap about that. Sucks that they cheaped out.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Love Harold Landry and am glad he got paid but if I had to choose who we kept between those two,it’s aj

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's a pretty lovely offer

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I feel better after sleeping on it. They did lowball him which sucks, but paying a guy who misses games and comes up with the numbers he had last year when he wants $100m doesn't make sense. Even if the cap isn't real and money is fake, I get it. You can find 5 touchdowns elsewhere.

I know this sounds like cope, and it partially is, but still. AJ's numbers last year maybe aren't typical, but maybe his 2020 numbers aren't either, that's gonna prove itself out in Philly now, which, uh, if he didn't like Tennessee fans on Twitter, just wait lmao.

e: also good for him, get your money. I will always support labor getting paid.

Also still bummed about the draft in general. We have more picks, but we're a worse team after night 1 than before it, but there's still rounds to go, and a season to play after that. :shrug:

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Apr 29, 2022

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Still processing the trade but my initial reaction was wtf then the contract was announced and I was like oh I understand

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Eh we've all taken hits of copium over the years, this is a safe place friend.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

AJ was my favorite player last year, barely edging out Henry, so I'm just kinda pissed. It also feels like they didn't address any of their other positional needs because they're too busy trying to get discounts on receivers, and this team really felt like it needed another piece after getting 9 sacks on the Bengals and still losing. Obviously you're not finding Tannehill's replacement here, but surely you could've picked up BPA for a possible trade in the future, even for Baker though I'm not sure that'd be an improvement over Tanny. I don't know. It's staying afloat at best, a team-ruiner at worst, and I don't love it in even after a night to rest on it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
If I had known AJ Brown was on the block and I'm Jacksonville, I'd have looked at a deal there.

But Jax aint giving up the #1 for AJ and I don't think they have the draft capital to wheel and deal for later rounds. Also, for whatever reason, they're all in on Christian Kirk and certainly see something I don't right there.

They're already better with Pederson replacing Meyer and the free agents they've signed but that's not hard and they're kind of all over place with their approach. I guess it makes sense when "bring in ANYONE else" is a viable strategy for 95% of their roster. A trade up to maybe grab George Pickens might work for me. We haven't had a TE in decades and McBride grades out high but, again, they paid a lot to a free agent there. Still, Pederson is not adverse to running two TE sets so maybe that.

Bonus crazy selection: One of the QB's to possibly back up Trevor.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm not reading all that there's 0 chance the titans were trading with the jags

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Yeah dude they would have sat him all year before sending him to a divisional rival lol

Also, why take a WR at 1 to replace him when you get that at 18?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The only reason this happened is because of the truly dumb as gently caress deal Jacksonville gave Christian Kirk imo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The only reason this happened is because of the truly dumb as gently caress deal Jacksonville gave Christian Kirk imo

Galaxy brain move to ruin the Titans

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

Galaxy brain move to ruin the Titans

What if burke is better?

Is this cope? Absolutely

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Metapod posted:

What if burke is better?

He could certainly stay healthier

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
one drop and Philly fans will be all over his rear end, kinda feel sorry for AJ crying at night into his 100 million dollars

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Trent Baalke destroyed the WR market with the Christian Kirk contract and now AJ Brown is out of the division. Brilliant, chess not checkers

Mega64
May 23, 2008

On the bright side, we still have a monster defense and King Henry. I think the Titans have what it takes to get another high seed and score another embarrassing playoff loss.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Mega64 posted:

On the bright side, we still have a monster defense and King Henry. I think the Titans have what it takes to get another high seed and score another embarrassing playoff loss.

For sure. And, optimistically, once you get to the playoffs, anything can happen! Right? Right?!

It's not even May yet, a whole season of ups and downs are ahead. Who knows what poo poo looks like in December.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Losing to the Bengals isn't even that embarrassing. Progress!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Losing to the Bengals isn't even that embarrassing. Progress!

Stfu yes it is thankfully the raiders have the orange stink on them

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

JT Jag posted:

Trent Baalke destroyed the WR market with the Christian Kirk contract and now AJ Brown is out of the division. Brilliant, chess not checkers

They should probably give him an extension so when Doug pederson gets fired he can hire the next coach. Really get His Guy in there.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Thinking about it, another reason JRob may not want to pay Brown is because of Julio. The trade for him was a gamble with big upside, then it turns out he's out half the games due to hamstring issues and scores only one TD the entire regular season (really two if the refs in the Seahawks game weren't poo poo), and even with a healthy Brown and Jones, Tannehill can't accomplish poo poo against the Bengals.

I guess the idea now is to ride the defense and rebuild the offense, since we're probably gonna move on from Tannehill soon and who knows when Henry will fall off. Always a chance we randomly get a SB run during it, I guess.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mega64 posted:

I guess the idea now is to ride the defense and rebuild the offense, since we're probably gonna move on from Tannehill soon and who knows when Henry will fall off. Always a chance we randomly get a SB run during it, I guess.

I don't see it for anyone in this division. The Titans are fun sometimes because they seem to overachieve and somehow seem to consistently do more with less and beat the Big Boys but having to go through Buffalo, KC, an improving Bengals team, a healthy Baltimore and some teams we don't even know yet that are definitely gonna rise and get better next year...I dunno and I don't see a window here for them any more.

The AFC is a loving battlefield.

Henry is piling up the miles, I don't think Tannehill is a championship level QB, they just lost their best young receiver, Julio Jones looks kinda shot and to my eyes the Titans have gotten a little worse during the off season. I applaud your optimism though. They do play in a poo poo division that can hand them six easy wins right out of the box and they seem to have a good coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Julio isn't even on the team anymore, so there's that. We really couldn't afford to lose any wide receivers, much less our best one, even after we drafted one.