Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

BiggerBoat posted:

This has happened to me in the workplace and I can assure I don't make 6 or 7 figures.

this is why they expected you to do that and why it's not a QB1s job hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

This has happened to me in the workplace and I can assure I don't make 6 or 7 figures.

Employers have had me train up some person who was willing to do my job for less and lied to my face about not having to worry because they were going to keep me on.

Right, but if they had told you he was your replacement (which is implied in drafting a QB) and you had said lol no thank you I'll spend that time doing my job slash looking for a new one, most people would go "well yeah of course that's ridiculous of them"

Unlike in football

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

They're teammates that will spend all day in the same meetings and working out together. It's reasonable to think Tannehill will help his literal teammate adjust to life in the NFL without being a massive dickhead about it.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

You can be nice without helping people take your job, man

I think the problem is some people have a wide definition of “mentor”

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't really care about the question but he answered it with immense shaky voice

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Also do you want ryan tannehill mentoring the next titans qb if youre a titans fan

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Not wanting to help your employer replace you is completely relatable

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I think Tannehill should do everything in his power to help Malik Willis take his job so that the starter in 2023 isn't Tannehill.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Soul Glo posted:

Also do you want ryan tannehill mentoring the next titans qb if youre a titans fan

How hard is it to say "hand the ball to Derrick Henry" though?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

How hard is it to say "hand the ball to Derrick Henry" though?

I scream it at the tv most sundays in the fall, the OC hears “rollout incomplete pass on 3rd and 1” tho

e: the last point I wanna vocalize about this stupid nontroversy in my local sports is this— even if Tanny were fuckin’ elite level like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or whoever, you don’t want your QB1 spending his time helping the new guy learn the playbook or new stretches or workout routines because that’s time he could spend preparing to win the game that week. And I want Tannehill spending every bit of time he got getting better himself so we have a shot.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 5, 2022

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah but if you can teach something well you yourself will internalize it better which should make you better which is something tannehill definitely needs

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

I don't really care about the question but he answered it with immense shaky voice

I read somewhere he basically had to go a therapist after melting down this last playoffs. Which honestly is a bit worrying to me, not from some dumb "he's not mentally strong angle," but the way Tannehill had been playing all season, I assume he was banged up somehow and it just wasn't ending up in the injury report, so for him to say, "Yeah, I was healthy enough, but I just had a bad performance," is kinda worrying because that's a sign he's degrading naturally instead of just having a bad season. Time will tell, I guess.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Ryan tannehill has had two or 1.5 extremely good seasons as the Titans starter. Last season was definitely his worst since he got here but he also had a much worse OC, worse skill position players, worse blocking, pretty much worse everything all season long and managed to play well enough to get us the one seed. Obviously he had a pretty rough one in the bengals game but I’m sick of people acting like he’s terrible. He is not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Don’t the titans have loving coaches? Maybe they should hire some.