Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It doesn’t look like anything. The plan was not for us to start in his first year and he didn’t.

Putting aside the reports of him underperforming, they spent 3 first round picks to replace a guy that got them within 4 points of the superbowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

is pepsi ok posted:

Putting aside the reports of him underperforming, they spent 3 first round picks to replace a guy that got them within 4 points of the superbowl.

Maybe they want to actually win the Super Bowl, just a guess.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Metapod posted:

What's the standard we should set for the actual accomplished 2nd year qb mac jones this year

28TDs 7.5ypa 70% completions

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Tua doesn't have to deal with the New York Post. Just those weird and hilarious Twitter dolphin vids.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Metapod posted:

What's the standard we should set for the actual accomplished 2nd year qb mac jones this year

if he is able to keep the offensive staff of matt patricia and joe judge employed he is easily the best QB of all time

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

MaximilianK posted:

Tua doesn't have to deal with the New York Post. Just those weird and hilarious Twitter dolphin vids.

The New York Post wrote a story about his underthrow to Hill video!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MaximilianK posted:

The coverage of Wilson and the Jets has been fair in NY. And it's been fair to Tua too.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I think all of the Jets posters here are pretty reasonable about Wilson tbh

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Metapod posted:

If Wilson plays at a Bridgewater level this year that would be incredible development

This right here.

If Wilson last season or this season plays on the level of any of Bridgewater's last 3 seasons we would be hailing him as our savior.

Professor Funk posted:

I think all of the Jets posters here are pretty reasonable about Wilson tbh

I still think he was a worse pick then Darnold, and have never liked him. I just flat out don't think he's good. I think he might take a step forward this season, but it's mostly going to be him being more conservative with the ball and not throwing as many INTs.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
But he throw da ball fast and far!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

syzpid posted:

This right here.

If Wilson last season or this season plays on the level of any of Bridgewater's last 3 seasons we would be hailing him as our savior.

LOL this is silly. Defining expectations down to zero.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 23, 2022

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.

TheBizzness posted:

But he throw da ball fast and far!

And all you need in the NFL to succeed is a big arm.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Tua: pious, noodle arm
Wilson: pious, cannon arm
Mac: party dude, noodle arm
Josh: party dude, cannon arm

Perfectly balanced

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

is pepsi ok posted:

Tua: pious, noodle arm
Wilson: pious, cannon arm
Mac: party dude, noodle arm
Josh: party dude, cannon arm

Perfectly balanced

You haven't seen Zach's IG, have you....

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

TBQH if Zach Wilson had 7+ YPA and completed 65% of his passes this year (like Bridgewater has the last 2 years) along with *spins wheel* 21 TDs and 9 INT or something, I would be pretty pleased! I don't think that's taking ""the leap"" but it's definitely a good building block season that should make Jets fans optimistic.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Professor Funk posted:

TBQH if Zach Wilson had 7+ YPA and completed 65% of his passes this year (like Bridgewater has the last 2 years) along with *spins wheel* 21 TDs and 9 INT or something, I would be pretty pleased! I don't think that's taking ""the leap"" but it's definitely a good building block season that should make Jets fans optimistic.

That would at least graduate him up to a level of "competent NFL QB" which is a big step from where he was last year

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

You haven't seen Zach's IG, have you....

yeah really outta control

https://www.instagram.com/zachwilson/?hl=en

has alcohol even touched his lips?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Zach goes to sporting events and eats dinner and golfs with Braxton Berrios. That's about all I can tell. Never seen a drink in his hand.

Christian McCaffrey is adjacent in a lot of their IG stories but pretty sure that just because him and Berrios are with the Culpo sisters. And I'm not sure where the George Kittle connection comes from but he hangs out with them as well.

*This has been my NFL player Instagram review*

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 23, 2022

Nov 6, 2002

Who has had the better NFL record historically? The virgin or the chad?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Who has had the better NFL record historically? The virgin or the chad?

Tebow won the biggest game in the history of football so

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1528757230849474560

Nov 6, 2002

my god maybe he really is going to hire gase and is just waiting for the last possible minute

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

my god maybe he really is going to hire gase and is just waiting for the last possible minute

I can't WAIT to see the media reaction to the Pats hiring Gase being like his Jets and Dolphins tenures never happened.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Hiring Gase is a huge improvement over Judge or Patricia calling plays

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I also just bought Jets Packers tickets which is loving fire.

Nov 6, 2002

Nodoze posted:

Hiring Gase is a huge improvement over Judge or Patricia calling plays

In my head I know you are probably right, but I think it would still be far, far more embarrassing to hire a guy who has utterly failed at running offenses for two of your division rivals - to the point that he potentially ruined a young QB - and give him yet another chance.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

mcmagic posted:

The LaFleur War

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

You're going to Lambeau? That's awesome. My buddy and I are kicking the idea around because it'll be like 8 years before they're there again and it'd be a cool checkbox.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

You're going to Lambeau? That's awesome. My buddy and I are kicking the idea around because it'll be like 8 years before they're there again and it'd be a cool checkbox.

If you go I will buy you a beer.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Patriots OC Peyton Manning

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Raku posted:

Patriots OC Peyton Manning

I'm sure they can pay him more than the 30MM or however much he's making for the Manningcast.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

mcmagic posted:

I'm sure they can pay him more than the 30MM or however much he's making for the Manningcast.

Bill only hires coaches who are still being paid by the team that just fired them.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

If you go I will buy you a beer.

I've also been talking with a friend about potentially going, work permitting. I will buy both you and Diva beers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

I've also been talking with a friend about potentially going, work permitting. I will buy both you and Diva beers.

:cheers::cheers:

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

Don't worry guys! Reports say that Mac Jones is in the best shape of his life so everything should be fine!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He’s a 23 year old professional athlete. I should loving hope so.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

He’s in the best shape of his life, fitting right in as just one of the guys with the longer term vets, and was hard at work all offseason fine tuning his throwing mechanics and studying the playbook. This is why Mitch Trubisky is poised for a breakout year.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I can’t believe the “Mac Jones in the best shape of his life” thing is a real story.

Isn’t that normally reserved for guys in year 8 or dudes coming off serious injury?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

TheBizzness posted:

I can’t believe the “Mac Jones in the best shape of his life” thing is a real story.

Isn’t that normally reserved for guys in year 8 or dudes coming off serious injury?

Well he was a bit doughy so if we extrapolate his stats while in a dad-bod last season to what they’ll obviously be if he gets in shape that comes out to around 45 TDs and 5500 yards. I mean when you have a QB whisperer like Joe Judge alongside the sky in the limit really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
It's just that time of year. All the Dolphins articles I've seen talk about how much better the offence looks, and how there's a new vibe.

And entirely discount the idea that the D has gotten worse rather than the O getting better.