Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well he was a bit doughy so if we extrapolate his stats while in a dad-bod last season to what they’ll obviously be if he gets in shape that comes out to around 45 TDs and 5500 yards. I mean when you have a QB whisperer like Joe Judge alongside the sky in the limit really.

The Pats only hope in the short term is if Jones has a big improvement in spite of the coaching room being a clown car.

So uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I mean it’s not like there is any actual positive news for them to report on this off-season. The highlight by a mile is signing DeVante Parker :stonklol: So sure, bring on the “Mac did some extra situps” stories.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
They traded for him, not signed

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Symphoric posted:

Don't worry guys! Reports say that Mac Jones is in the best shape of his life so everything should be fine!

The Good News : Mac is in the best shape of his life!

The Bad News : The shape is potato.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Disappointed he lost the dad-bod, seems like the best protection against hits.

Also, I am still holding out a slim hope that BoB is going to quit Alabama and come OC for New England. LALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
OTAs are open to the media today.

Reminder that everything good that happens at OTAs is indicative of how the season will go and everything bad that happens is totally meaningless. It is known.

Edit: lol Jets twitter people see one clip of Mims from OTAs and get back on the train

https://twitter.com/j_grayjets/status/1529131327190192129?s=21

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 17:10 on May 24, 2022

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/PaulieO1986/status/1528754120689168387

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow. Not only did Tua win the practice trophy Friday (orange jersey) and get to play his playlist during todays practice (mixture of motivation speeches and various choirs across the world) but rumor is Teddy Bridgewater said Tuas makes him look tiny. Big news for our team average

Nov 6, 2002

Amy Pole Her posted:

rumor is Teddy Bridgewater said Tuas makes him look tiny

but he was just talking about knees

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s uncalled for

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
In reality - Tua was sick today.

Orange jersey winner was Wilkins. His playlist includes the Killers and he seems to really like Mr Brightside

https://twitter.com/DavidFurones_/status/1529153840649478147

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Wilkins is such a cool dude. He always comes out early to hype up the crowd at training camp.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Apparently he played little mermaid and some other Disney movie song after J Baker told him his mom used to sing it to him Lmao.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

In 'best shape of his life" news:
https://twitter.com/Djbienaime/status/1529186292055130118

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

beefy bois

https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1529186773875601408?s=21

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
Tracking down the macro. A supreme achievement.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

quote:

No quarterback controversy in South Florida
With Tagovailoa out sick, backup Teddy Bridgewater got plenty of exercise. But Tuesday’s practice served a cold blast of reality to anyone speculating that Bridgewater was brought in to push Tua (and possibly replace him should Tagovailoa struggle in Year 3).

Bridgewater was all over the place, throwing at receivers’ feet when he wasn’t launching it five yards too deep. A deep pass to Hill was so underthrown that the receiver became a defender so it wouldn’t be intercepted. Bridgewater wrapped his day up with a bad pick to Jevon Holland and an overthrow of Cedrick Wilson Jr.

The liveliest arm of the day belonged to rookie Skylar Thompson, the seventh-round pick out of Kansas State who connected with Braylon Sanders for a touchdown deep down the left sideline.

Tagovailoa, meanwhile, has impressed coaches and teammates this spring with his improved arm strength and command of the locker room. He’s already worn the orange practice jersey awarded to the player who had the best practice the day before.

“He earned it,” McDaniel said. “I think his teammates acknowledged that. What have I seen from him? I’ve seen a guy that’s attacking the moment, a guy that really likes to play football. … I’ve been very excited about his development as far as the offensive plan and being the starting quarterback for the Miami Dolphins.”

Notable absences and abstentions at Tuesday’s voluntary practice beyond Tagovailoa: Cornerbacks Xavien Howard and Byron Jones, defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah, running back Raheem Mostert, offensive tackle Terron Armstead, and linebacker Jerome Baker.

Nov 6, 2002

Is it too soon to start my Bridgewatergate twitter account?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It would quite the story if Mims ends up having a good year heh.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mims is at best WR5 with the potential to eat into Corey Davis’ snaps if he’s injured or shits the bed.

An actual underrated guy who might do things is Jason Pinnock who played great when forced into the lineup late in the season and could legitimately win a starting safety spot in Y2 with an injury free full offseason.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

If his arm strength is actually better then I'm slightly more optimistic about him/the season. Which is still drat pessimistic, but even so

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Mims is at best WR5 with the potential to eat into Corey Davis’ snaps if he’s injured or shits the bed.

An actual underrated guy who might do things is Jason Pinnock who played great when forced into the lineup late in the season and could legitimately win a starting safety spot in Y2 with an injury free full offseason.

Mims developing into anything at all would be a nice development, even if it's just a 5-10 snap/game guy who can catch the odd jump ball. Assuming they sign a veteran before camp, though, I think reps are going to be pretty hard to come by unless he was truly just totally snakebitten last year.

It seems like Pinnock/Davis will be an interesting training camp battle.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Jets beat twitter is popping off

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/1529449310462558209?s=20&t=l2WY3l0e6znwfNB6-NThTg

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I don’t understand what he’s saying

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1529254670547312640?t=B9wzUQxPT_dGYd_hi77KGw&s=19

-insert Tua snark here

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

I don’t understand what he’s saying

they are calling each other nerds and weebs what is to understand? lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I am pretty excited to see what Gabe Davis can do as a full season starter. Don't know how McDermott is going to cope with not having a slow 10-year vet to give 70% of snaps to.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

they are calling each other nerds and weebs what is to understand? lol

The subtle typo made that hard to understand because "or your anime" made literally no sense

Also for actual content

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-regrading-2021-nfl-draft-classes-miami-dolphins-dallas-cowboys

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 25, 2022

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Orange Jersey winner and definitely improved arm strength there’s no way it’s just talk Tua?

Pssssssh.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

That's not where I recall them leaving off.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God drat hes amazing to watch

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ugh, the deep ball is so barbaric. Give me a nice perfectly placed 5 yard crosser any day #YACsupremacy

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

torgeaux posted:

That's not where I recall them leaving off.

That is literally right where Josh Allen and Gabe Davis left off

Edit: and the defense too

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Looks like they’re on the field of play so not exactly where they left off.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

fsif posted:

I am pretty excited to see what Gabe Davis can do as a full season starter. Don't know how McDermott is going to cope with not having a slow 10-year vet to give 70% of snaps to.
Sanders could still decide to not-retire, and McD can make sure Crowder gets all the slot plays...

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 25, 2022

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

it looks like he puts absolutely no zip on that ball and its a 30+ yard laser lol. allen is a freak

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

There's absolutely nothing remarkable about this other than it's THE GREATEST DUO OF ALL OF TIME and be there's always room for THE GREATEST DUO OF ALL TIME.

https://twitter.com/haprusak/status/1529175361069662208

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The Patriots staff just looks so lovely and dumb lol, we've got the boss's genetic miskake failson and a bunch of kissass retreads nobody likes, just laffo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1529967656358535168

I'd imagine no personal conduct discipline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Wow good for noted good guy Von Miller.