Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami apparently somehow someway still needs a RT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

could be the thread title for most of the last two decades

I’m so frustrated with Liam being put at LG and them saying this was the plan all along. Then what the hell was our RT plan? Davis? Seriously?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if Miami traded for Tytus Howard from Houston for a decent sized pick, just to complete the whole process full circle

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

I worry that they were counting on DJ Fluker lol

Oh my god youre right lmao that’d be even WORSE

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Please keep this AFCE related mcmagic

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Jamal drama will always be AFCE related. It's one of Jet fans' few joys.

Seahawks are not in the AFCE please respect our very foundation as a thread

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah good lord I’m just perplexed at how brutal our OL is

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://youtu.be/71oAQr5EcJA

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Raku posted:

I think what it boils down to is that the Dolphins more than most teams are a-ok with lovely dudes trawling around practice and making GBS threads over all their players to the public

Like you probably are expected to pump a little more sunshine to keep access at most teams, the Dolphins are fine with Omar Kelly calling all the players poo poo or whatever

I’m.. not really sure this is it.

I’d say it has more to do with expectations. Tua was #5 overall after being hurt. Fields was “passed on” by so many teams and aw poor JUSTIN :-(

I don’t think miamis beat writers really have anything to do with guys like.. Skip taking the poo poo Tua said and hammering it home. Same reason why the National writers slamming Tua on his 5 INT practice *without noting ONCE it was during a rainstorm and 30 mph winds* i mean.. what else can you say?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It’s fun to read the notes. Tua went 3 for 3 in red zone and they highlight his struggles at the intermediate level. Fields went 2/3 and they praise his decision making in such a vital spot on the field.

It is what it is. Tua has a personality that I feel like once he puts together a couple solid games, people will want to start cheering for him. Right now people are hating on the highly touted guy from Bama who kept interrupting last years beard time. And I get it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao there it is

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Phobeste posted:

Fins fans getting insanely red and mad about
Minor slights against their ok qb in preseason and camp reporting and then turning on poor mcmagic just trying to hide his vape smoke as he works himself into a totally separate frenzy by reading cspam on his nj transit commute in his suit and jets snapback. Mid season form all around

What part of his new CT makes you think a fin fan bought it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Forrest on Fire posted:

Thanks. So the only real good sign is it's a young line that might develop? That'll be a tough one to get through. It's a good thing the division only has one for sure elite defense for Tua to play.

The offensive line is a baffling and confusing ordeal, from the strategic decisions made by the front office to our personnel choices with those players.

There’s honestly very little hope that it’ll get sorted out anytime soon. Miamis proven completely incompetent over the past… 15 years.. at developing OL

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

There are plenty of valid criticisms of Tua’s 2020 season and this isn’t one of them.

He averaged 2.55 seconds time to throw last year, one of the quickest times in the NFL.

This was as a result of lovely OL play and Tua settling for short throws far too often.

We both bit. Shame on us.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Tannehill doesn’t deserve this emotional abuse

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The trolls are right. We must protect Tua’s Butthole.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trade a receiver for a tackle, the fanbase screams

Trade for a receiver? Sure! (We have T mobile.)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Slater over Sewell imo

I wanted Pitts above all. Slightly disappointed that Liam E sucks out the gate - i was led to believe he’d translate quickly and have a limited ceiling. As disappointed that Kindley is losing reps in favor of Jesse Davis at RT forcing Eichen to the inside

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hey two things miami and the Jets are good at right now at least

https://overthecap.com/the-league-leaders-at-pushing-cap-charges-to-the-future/

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Mostly seems like the better teams in football are pushing cap money.

Or perhaps the lousier teams are less likely to have many good players to force them to push money down the road.

Fire sales are why Miami and the Jets are there, rest I can’t speak to

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I think 14 sacks isn't really in the realm of crazytown for Lawson. He's REALLY good. Moore won't get 1300 yards. He isn't even the no 1 option of the WRs.

For a guy average 4 sacks a season it seems like adding 10 to that number is… lofty

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
poo poo and he’s not historically a glass guy is he?

Preston Williams now it’s your time to break!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Good to see that they caught my reunion with whoever that Heat / Dolfins fan was that had the worst Tannehill opinions

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

AAADolfan? Whatever happened to him?

I don’t like the Miami Heat how dare you

He lived in Chicago. Zone or something

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

AAADolfan died because someone threw away the plastic 6 pack rings without cutting them. Rip

Snorted the plastic rings before drowning from what a gabby grouper told me

t a s t e posted:

Hot pants zone or smth

That’s it! Good memory

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
So apparently this guy was mainly referring to the OL. It was ugly.

So that’s two teams destroying this lovely OL.

https://twitter.com/falcfans/status...-miami-dolphins

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
gently caress that’s rough. Poor guy

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
All you’ve really gotta do is watch the first year of the big man rebuild. Zach Wilson and Elijah Moore, watch your year two guys either blossom or tank. It’s an exciting time to be a Jets fan if you’re a big front office nerd

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Even D Smith answering that he was the best CB he’s faced in college was puzzling.

They said he’d need 1-2 to catch up. His progress has been abysmal

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah. Easily by far the worst performer this far in.

I’m so sad about what a wasted pick hell likely turn out to be. Flores and Grier aren’t fantastic at identifying offensive line and man they really don’t seem to be getting any better. We stumbled upon Tunsil by pure luck i guess

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Declan MacManus posted:

luck is a way of describing it, sure

Based on our evaluations we wouldn’t have sabotaged him because we would’ve been focused on some busy rear end 3rd round

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://twitter.com/GeorgeForder3/s...s1_c10&ref_url=

For fins fans

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The Sam Eguv clip is kinda insane

Madden against Hotlanta level defensive stats

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus they really ARE copying Miamis blueprint for a rebuild

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I imagine it’s the same metric that’s measured in every one of these joint practice reports

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
At this point I’m just hoping that one of 2020 draft picks on OL turns out to be a high quality consistent starter. Currently it’s two backups and a starter

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Hunt looks like a quality starter.

Beginning to worry whether the other two are even backups.

Yeah he’s been a shining spot somewhat but I’m not ready to call him quality until I see a season of consistent line play. Kindley falling off the cliff hurts me. I thought his little late season slump would go away in 2021.

Jackson just looks awful

Dieter is awful. He’s been awful since day 1. Just miss after miss with this FO at offensive line

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s a neat little way to stash Lynn Bowden guys

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I mean we all know they're desperate to unload Tua so I wouldn't put anything past them.

Listen. This inferiority complex is starting to absorb you. Fight it. Give in to the Tua

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

me every time I see tua slander itt

Lmaoooo this is perfect