Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Pontius Pilate posted:

Meet Herbie (on the right, that’s his brother, Bernie, on the left, who’s developing a solid pass rush)

Herbie owns :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I can't believe that I missed McDaniels trading for his old backup quarterback. It's exciting that we are only a handful of weeks before it's announced that it's an open competition for the Raiders starting qb job

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Simplex posted:

I can't believe that I missed McDaniels trading for his old backup quarterback. It's exciting that we are only a handful of weeks before it's announced that it's an open competition for the Raiders starting qb job

He's obviously awful and they traded nothing for him but coaches really seem to fall in love with their guys.

I suppose realistically you just have a backup or camp arm that you don't have to teach a whole lot about your offense to run plays during practice and in preseason?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Pontius Pilate posted:

Meet Herbie (on the right, that’s his brother, Bernie, on the left, who’s developing a solid pass rush)

Very solid cattes. Eye test shows they have good measurables.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

He's obviously awful and they traded nothing for him but coaches really seem to fall in love with their guys.

I suppose realistically you just have a backup or camp arm that you don't have to teach a whole lot about your offense to run plays during practice and in preseason?

This might be bullshit but apparently Stidham is a really solid QB to help prep the starter for the game when he's in the room.

He's proficient in Microsoft Excel, but for quarterbacking.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1537054637999546368

seems like a good time for the Chiefs to have a standoff with their left tackle who hired an agent who needed to google "how to do an NFL contract"

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
If you're the left tackle it sure as hell is

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well the Chiefs are trying. OBJr went and hired a guy who has never worked with the NFL which he claimed was a positive. Imagine gambling millions of dollars on some schmuck because you want an "outsider" it's like the NFL version of electing Trump

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hiring a competent agent really shouldn’t be that hard.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://v.redd.it/ezee78pljk791

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

This is violence

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

This is violence

I think there's a happy ending

To the movie.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a neat cape posted:

This is violence

ya because it’s actually been 59, or never, years

go herbie

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

lmao

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

a neat cape posted:

This is violence

This is art.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I just bought tickets to see Broncos @ Chargers woohoo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How much did you pay? I'm always kind of shocked how expensive Chargers tickets are.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

kiimo posted:

How much did you pay? I'm always kind of shocked how expensive Chargers tickets are.

Visiting fans on vacation.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Visiting fans on vacation.

God this is tired

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Anyways, I went to two games last year. One game I had seats in the 500 level and they were about $80 apiece, the other in the 400 level and they were about $100 each

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are Chiefs games more expensive? Even with my work discount I didn't see anything under 100 even in the nosebleeds

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

kiimo posted:

Are Chiefs games more expensive? Even with my work discount I didn't see anything under 100 even in the nosebleeds

They are so loving expensive now. I went to at least one game a year from 2009 to 2019 andI haven't been able to afford to go since they won the super bowl

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

kiimo posted:

Laughs in Allegiant Stadium prices.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

Laughs in Allegiant Stadium prices.

I wanted to go to a Knights game in Vegas and I was loving shocked at the prices.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

Definitely. Just because of Mahomes.

The Denver game is like 20% cheaper despite it being a primetime game.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Considering going to chargers at SF and nose bleeds were around $100, which I was somehow pleasantly surprised by because SF, but maybe it helps that the stadium is three counties away.

How were the charger games at sofi?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pontius Pilate posted:

Considering going to chargers at SF and nose bleeds were around $100, which I was somehow pleasantly surprised by because SF, but maybe it helps that the stadium is three counties away.

How were the charger games at sofi?

Fantastic. I went to Browns at Chargers and Broncos at Chargers last year and the stadium is everything it's been billed to be. The only disappointing part was the food wasn't as good as I would have liked.

The Browns game was that 47-42 shootout so maybe I was a bit colored by the on-field performance, but everything was great. Night and day compared to Qualcomm when it came to just walking around, how the stadium looked, everything being cashless and next to no lines at any of the concession stands because they had everything running smoothly and efficiently.

The video board is stunning, the field looks great, and an exciting team plays there.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

a neat cape posted:

The Browns game was that 47-42 shootout so maybe I was a bit colored by the on-field performance, but everything was great.

Very generous way to describe that game. :rolleyes:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Games where both teams score 40+ points are generally described as shootouts yes

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i bought two tickets in section 120 back in 2016 for raiders @ chiefs for my dad's birthday and combined they were about $380 iirc

can't imagine what those would cost now

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I went to the Bengals vs Chiefs game in 2012 and paid under face value to get 2 tickets and a parking pass. 50 yard line 5 rows back from the field. That was the 2-14 season.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
A stat for SA2K:

https://twitter.com/KSeaboldt/status/1545882213585223680

(first play of the clip)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I winced when Drew Brees layed himself out for that touchdown. Yikes no I do not want my QB doing that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

not safe for viewing. genitels

https://twitter.com/YetiOrKnot/status/1547051397627031552

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Fouts, Merriman, and Rivers are my guesses

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/1550509851213963265

The tweet's a little worse than the actual clip where he spends most of the time talking about how good Tyreek Hill is at playing football and how defenses played them but still :lol: I mean he is very fast I guess.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Grittybeard posted:

https://twitter.com/FirstTake/status/1550509851213963265

The tweet's a little worse than the actual clip where he spends most of the time talking about how good Tyreek Hill is at playing football and how defenses played them but still :lol: I mean he is very fast I guess.

I have never been impressed with him and sometimes I feel like he makes the offense worse because he thinks he’s better than he is and complains when he doesn’t get the ball, then does nothing when they force it to him except for 4 plays a year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I honestly think he is an elite fly/jet sweep guy if you can work that play in at the right time. Um....other than that he's...fast? He'll come open now and then but I don't feel like it's because of him, it's because of other guys the defense is worried about.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I guess you could make a case that he can now be the Tyreek replacement they drafted him to be for the sweeps and in his defense, he usually looked better when Hill wasn't on the field at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Unfortunately with Mahomes being a one read quarterback I forsee some struggles in his future. Big year for Kelce though