Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

EmbryoSteve posted:

I just dont think any of these QBs will work with the seahawks roster and that the roster will be in a better place next year and they should get a QB that works with the roster then. 2nd round doesnt matter much to me

You’re going to be competing with 10 other teams who all decided to wait for next year when there are currently two decent prospects (young and stroud) and then a bunch of guys who have just as many question marks as the current crop. I don’t think the Seahawks are top 5 pick bad so you’re likely in the same boat all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I am beaming with joy that Seattle got Cross. He’s so good, and young, with plenty of upside yet and he’s already an elite pass protector.

Seattle should not take a qb with either of their seconds. Or any picks in this draft.

I agree. Which means it won’t happen.

I still want Minshew on the roster though so my credibility is poo poo.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
My predictions on who they actually take: Ridder and Ekibete. I bet they think Ridder with his height and established ability to go through progressions is plug and play Goff-style into Waldron's pseudo-Rams offense. The gamble is on fixing accuracy (which almost never happens!)

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

EDGE and a running back. Oh well, 2 good picks out of 3 aren’t bad.

Wait, no, not an edge. God drat it, what the hell.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 30, 2022

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I'll assume that means that Carson's neck is absolutely hosed and he's done. Bummer! Penny also can't stay healthy so the Hawks definitely need some RB help, would have rather they'd picked one in the 5th or something.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bob Socko posted:

EDGE and a running back. Oh well, 2 good picks out of 3 aren’t bad.

Wait, no, not an edge. God drat it, what the hell.

?

Boye Mafe is definitely an EDGE.

Kenneth Walker is...sigh. The Seahawks are always, always on brand. He's supposed to be really good at least?

https://twitter.com/mattyfbrown/status/1520193233405583361

Vhak lord of hate posted:

I'll assume that means that Carson's neck is absolutely hosed and he's done. Bummer! Penny also can't stay healthy so the Hawks definitely need some RB help, would have rather they'd picked one in the 5th or something.

And, neither Penny nor Carson are on contract past this season. But I'd rather they take a drat good center to set up the run.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
That's the Hawks drafting I'm used to, all right.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1520204382188494848

Dude was the top TE in the draft. Cardinals TE room is very talented.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

?

Boye Mafe is definitely an EDGE.

Ok, sorry, you’re right. Phone posting over dinner, got a little confused.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You’re going to be competing with 10 other teams who all decided to wait for next year when there are currently two decent prospects (young and stroud) and then a bunch of guys who have just as many question marks as the current crop. I don’t think the Seahawks are top 5 pick bad so you’re likely in the same boat all over again.

The second tier of qbs in next years draft is pretty big, like 5 guys. It’s likely that at least a couple of them will cement themselves as good QB prospects. And the worst of that second tier next year will still be better than all the qbs this year. It’s widely acknowledged that next year is likely a strong QB class.

Seattle will be bad and will have two first round picks to facilitate any needed trade up.

Although I acknowledge that a trade up might be pricier than expected because Seattle’s second first round pick will be the 32nd overall because Wilson is gonna win the Super Bowl :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Still some good OL prospects left, fellow Seattle goons. I believe!!!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

I just want an OL or a CB. Give me one of those who doesn’t suck.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

the Seahawks did it :unsmith:

3 out of 4 ain’t bad

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

oh poo poo it’s this guy, hell yeah

https://twitter.com/nfl_dougfarrar/status/1520220290332037120?s=21&t=rpSqYJ-qJ951vqsDaEJmIA

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1520219979609567232?s=20&t=E6Fzr6UvYiW4KHWyibjXDw

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I'm super cool with the draft for the hawks now. I wanted Lucas at 41 and they got him anyway. Walker is good and they got the guy I wanted when they drafted him. Draft is good now

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

It’s widely acknowledged that next year is likely a strong QB class.

People keep saying this but then it’s always Young and Stroud as obvious ones and then you have like Spencer Rattler and DJ Uigaleile as the next tier and they both loving sucked last year. Beyond that it’s random guys with “prototypical size” like Phil Jurkovec whose only real redeeming quality is that he’s large and white. If you want to draft the next Daniel Jones or Mitch Trubisky you’ll probably have your chance but outside of the top two, who also have questions marks, it looks like a bunch of guys that if you squint you can see how maybe they might not suck.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/Cardschatter/status/1520231316939182080

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1520231460917202944

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Ah yeah, there it is, as it were

https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1520261690180263936?t=w1YmtLZTI4R-Uglaxsfnww&s=19

I still don't like taking a RB in the 2nd, but using it on a Doak Walker winner when your top RB might never play another snap is somewhat more understandable.

B+ draft for the Hawks, all three other picks have been stellar. Now they'll take a bunch of CBs and see if Pete/Desai can make any of them work.

E. Lmao

https://twitter.com/mikebarwin/status/1520275975996526600?t=424zrlxzQ2kbgS4-spEA0w&s=19

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Apr 30, 2022

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Yeah carson is toast. Also lol agreed these qbs are not gonna be better then drew lock

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Good on Pete for pooping on these poopy qbs.

Also if taking a RB is the price to satisfy Pete so that we could build the trenches, then a-okay.

Time to tank baby. Get some rookies some playing time baby. Get that new defensive scheme going baby.

Love the hawks let’s go the hawks.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Gonz posted:

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1520204382188494848

Dude was the top TE in the draft. Cardinals TE room is very talented.

Yeah, between WRs and TEs, the Cardinals are at least giving Murray a lot of weapons.

Of course, if only they could invest more in the OL...

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1520436946106998784

Questionable RB pick aside they're really killing it this year, Jim Thorpe winner here.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ravens drafted Daniel Faalele.

The dream is dead.

Good for him though I wish him the best :)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

EmbryoSteve posted:

Yeah carson is toast. Also lol agreed these qbs are not gonna be better then drew lock

It would be a lottery win if any of the QBs in the 2nd round would be better than Drew Lock. That said, Drew Lock is still gonna suck lmao

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

seiferguy posted:

It would be a lottery win if any of the QBs in the 2nd round would be better than Drew Lock. That said, Drew Lock is still gonna suck lmao

A guy with Willis running ability certainly has higher potential than a big armed statuesque idiot. I think one of Pickett, Willis or Ridder will turn out to be alright.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Hawks pick up Tariq Woolen, super toolsy CB.

That marks the second big cornerback added to the team!

Delightful :)

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!
I can't believe the oldest coach in the league is really signing up for a 2-3 year rebuild. Amazing. Embrace the suck.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Bryant, Woolen. The lower you go, the more lotto-ticketish these players are, but those are two very nice looking lotto tickets.

RB pick notwithstanding (and even that is understandable if not optimal), drat fine draft for the Hawks.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Agreed, my friend. Suspiciously good looking draft from the Seahawks. If they hit on a qb next year and actually spend FA monies on good players instead of a bunch of bad players, wild card doesn’t seem out of the question in 2023!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Given how well the late picks have gone, I'm starting to come around on the RB pick. Alone it was too early, but as a complete draft package they have ended up with 2 promising DBs, a promising EDGE, good tackles, and possibly the best RB. No weird trades or untested players, just filling needs.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/jourdanrodrigue/status/1520480858330697728?s=21&t=4JnZ6lYAr2MDdoYotjtcQA

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Where the gently caress were these drafts the last five years gently caress

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Like it's the same GM and all right?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
All I can think is that they tried for six years or so to patch holes and extend their window with Russ anyway they could, and paired with a lot of bad and reactive drafting.

Everyone points to Scott Mcloughan as the difference maker for the 2010-2012 drafts, but maybe Schneider is just better at building up a bad roster than maintaining a good one. If basically the whole team's bad and you have no players necessitating a particular style of play, you draft the best player available. That seems to be basically what they did.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
The team also viewed picks more as trade assets than actual talent. Hell, Wilson might have viewed the weak OL as a challenge for him and pushed for improvement elsewhere thinking he could overcome it.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I mean, we still haven’t actually seen any of these guys play so who knows how they work out. You can’t grade a draft before anyone sees the field.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

All I can think is that they tried for six years or so to patch holes and extend their window with Russ anyway they could, and paired with a lot of bad and reactive drafting.

That makes no sense though because a lot of past drafts were poopy because they didn’t address holes. This good draft is them addressing their biggest holes with premium picks.

And a RB lol but whatever Walker looks neat.

quote:

Everyone points to Scott Mcloughan as the difference maker for the 2010-2012 drafts, but maybe Schneider is just better at building up a bad roster than maintaining a good one. If basically the whole team's bad and you have no players necessitating a particular style of play, you draft the best player available. That seems to be basically what they did.

Until we are shown otherwise, Scot M is the simplest and most compelling reason that the first drafts were great and basically every draft after he left sucked.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I mean, we still haven’t actually seen any of these guys play so who knows how they work out. You can’t grade a draft before anyone sees the field.

That’s true but it’s tight seeing the hawks invest picks in positions of need, with acknowledged good prospects, in appropriate rounds.

We avoided dumb poo poo like the hawks were going to trade back to the late teens and then take like a third around LB or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lifespan posted:

The team also viewed picks more as trade assets than actual talent. Hell, Wilson might have viewed the weak OL as a challenge for him and pushed for improvement elsewhere thinking he could overcome it.

Lol what