Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Everyone posted:

Unless she finally gets control of her [spoiler]Super-Saiyen-Spinen Powers.[spoiler]

Yeah plus once she gets back to Amphibia she can get in a bacta tank and we know that Saiyans get stronger after healing.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WnfY6CQvLs

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Look I know Mrs. Boonchuy has an accent but someone at Disney's captioning department needs to check their work

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

TwoPair posted:

Look I know Mrs. Boonchuy has an accent but someone at Disney's captioning department needs to check their work

I actually heard her say that and was trying to figure WTF that meant and how it ended up in a kids' cartoon.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Anyone know what the usual delay is before these episodes are available for sale on iTunes, Amazon, etc?

I know some shows are next day.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

TwoPair posted:

What does she actually say?

I only heard what the caption reads.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Beachcomber posted:

I guess she said loaf, as in a maggot meat loaf.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Beachcomber posted:

I don't know what she said, but my best guess (based on the Wikipedia for Thai cuisine) would be "You made Larb with maggots."

I think we can discount the idea that Mom Boonchuy was asking her daughter if sex with maggots was good.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Beachcomber posted:

it's supposed to be "laap" which is of course a direct callback to the Lily Pad Thai episode and funny enough (and relevant to Everyone's post above) the exact exchange from that episode is

quote:

Mrs. Croaker: I'll take the maggot larb. Did I say that right? Larb?
Anne: It's actually pronounced "laap."

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

TwoPair posted:

it's supposed to be "laap" which is of course a direct callback to the Lily Pad Thai episode and funny enough (and relevant to Everyone's post above) the exact exchange from that episode is

Okay, that makes way more sense. Still hard to imagine WTF was going on with the caption folks. Just read the script.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Everyone posted:

Okay, that makes way more sense. Still hard to imagine WTF was going on with the caption folks. Just read the script.

Maybe that was the script and the whole thing was an extended ploy to get plausible deniability.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Beachcomber posted:

Maybe that was the script and the whole thing was an extended ploy to get plausible deniability.

Why would that be the script? What would be the point of "Let's do a thing with the 13 year old girl getting asked by her mother if having sex with maggots was good?"

It's not even funny.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Everyone posted:

Why would that be the script? What would be the point of "Let's do a thing with the 13 year old girl getting asked by her mother if having sex with maggots was good?"

It's not even funny.
I am fairly sure, that Beachcomber wasn't serious there. On the other hand, maybe it's just another way Disney corrupts the youth. First the Owl House has a lesbian relationship and suddenly Amphibia promotes sexual intercourse with maggots! It's a slippery slope.

I think we should drop that topic.

I love how real Anne's house feels. It's not just some sitcom apartment, which is just there as a setting. There are so many cute little details, that make it feel like someone actually lives there. I guess some of the small things are directlly based on the experiences of the writers.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

cant cook creole bream posted:

I am fairly sure, that Beachcomber wasn't serious there. On the other hand, maybe it's just another way Disney corrupts the youth. First the Owl House has a lesbian relationship and suddenly Amphibia promotes sexual intercourse with maggots! It's a slippery slope.

I think we should drop that topic.

I love how real Anne's house feels. It's not just some sitcom apartment, which is just there as a setting. There are so many cute little details, that make it feel like someone actually lives there. I guess some of the small things are directlly based on the experiences of the writers.

Agreed on dropping it.

And yeah, the whole series is informed by Matt Braly's life. It's one reason I could take the "loaf" suggestion seriously. No way would Anne make a food as dull as meat loaf.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

I guess they're gonna keep doing these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz00TWYS4v4

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Technowolf posted:

I guess they're gonna keep doing these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz00TWYS4v4

We can but hope.

I kind of love Sasha. She seems like a younger version of Samara Weaving's character from The Babysitter movies.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

S3's finally up to buy on Youtube for those of us that watch it that way.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Technowolf posted:

S3's finally up to buy on Youtube for those of us that watch it that way.

Yeah, showed up on iTunes etc yesterday too.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/lunchbagmonster/status/1446557680068227073

https://twitter.com/rattusRose/status/1446539081060548613

https://twitter.com/DisneyAPromos/status/1446528242643607583

https://twitter.com/raebits/status/1446240773695950850

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I like the two episode split of "one with Anne & the Plantars/one in Amphibia". They probably won't pop in with Sasha and Wartwood too much but it's a nice format.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

S3 continuing the trend of making the Sasha episodes all the best ones.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
King Andrias is hosed.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Beachcomber posted:

King Andrias is hosed.

Especially once Maddie learns what happened to Marcy.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

"Hop 'Til You Drop" had a lot of great lines. "Since when do you set the stakes?"

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

galenanorth posted:

"Hop 'Til You Drop" had a lot of great lines. "Since when do you set the stakes?"

Unfortunately I set my alarm clock to late catch that episode. Does anyone know when/if the show does repeats. I really want to see it without buying it on Amazon or something.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Disney released The Shut-In! today for Halloween:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C56GddYwSaI

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.
Lol Ann's parents wanting to call the LAPD to help the Planters. There is some good , but most likely unintended, subtext there.

side_burned fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 12, 2021

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

side_burned posted:

Lol Ann's parents wanting to call the LAPD to help the Planters. There is some good , but most likely unintended, subtext there.

It makes some sense. The Boonchuys are a mid-to-high income non-black family. As such they don't recognize a traffic stop as a situation with a high potential for "death by trigger-happy cop."

In their world if you have a problem/danger, you call the police.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

side_burned posted:

I don't know if it's unintentional, considering that the FBI seems to be set up as antagonists for this season, and given how bad the authorities in Amphibia consistently were. Like, remember when Anne got tazed?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

fractalairduct posted:

I don't know if it's unintentional, considering that the FBI seems to be set up as antagonists for this season, and given how bad the authorities in Amphibia consistently were. Like, remember when Anne got tazed?

She did threaten to eat some kids though.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Adding a Final Fantasy cactuar in the mall display is amusing. Having to put both arms in the air so it doesn't look like a swastika is funny.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Thai Feud" is just "Cracking Mrs. Croaker" again but with Mrs. Boonchuy.... and it still rules. I like that she keeps calling Sprig "Pink Frog".

also lol at everyone trying to squeeze health facts out of the vet

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

They're taking their sweet time introducing us to all those extra folks in the credits.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
They've only been there for a week.

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
The shirt Ned wears is a reference to Gravity Falls.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

SpiderLink posted:

I knew I'd seen that before but couldn't place it, thanks!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

SpiderLink posted:

Specifically Giffany’s game, right?

It’ll never happen but it would be hilarious if they were explicitly confirmed to be the same universe and they pulled off the What If? move and had her take over all the Frobots.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Yvonmukluk posted:

Specifically Giffany’s game, right?

It’ll never happen but it would be hilarious if they were explicitly confirmed to be the same universe and they pulled off the What If? move and had her take over all the Frobots.

Bill Cypher did show up in the book where Marcy found out about the box.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

That book also had a picture of Goliath from Gargoyles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Electric Phantasm posted:

I really want college Dipper to show up on this show just to have him be incredibly uncomfortable with Anne crushing on him or possibly incredibly disappointed when Anne doesn't crush on him even a little bit.