Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which should I play as for the Generals Challenge? [Pick 3]
This poll is closed.
Laser 60 14.74%
Air Power 34 8.35%
Super Weapons 49 12.04%
Tanks 26 6.39%
Infantry 39 9.58%
Nuclear Power 68 16.71%
Toxin 48 11.79%
Stealth 42 10.32%
Explosives 41 10.07%
Total: 189 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Space Kablooey posted:

it will look real nice when it's done. :)

the chinese dozer has some, uh, remarkable lines if ordered to use its crush ability on enemy infantry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

speaking of EA moderation, the multiplayer for this game had an innovative auto-censorship system built into its in-game chat. the expected profanity was automatically rendered as a bunch of asterisks, but so was stuff like "god", "jesus", and "allah". they also censored the names of certain members of the nazi leadership, which meant that friends and I spent most of the build-up portion of the multiplayer games trying to remember which war criminals made the cut and which didn't.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

as a friend of mine pithily put it many years ago, "for an organization called the global liberation army, they seem to do a lot more war crimes than they do liberating"

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

FYI the description for the black market in the above post is borked.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Mordja posted:

I'm pretty sure it's also THE opening strat in every single online game.

correct

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Loxbourne posted:

The Commanche was probably the subject of more balance patches than any other unit. It's the kind of unit where you must have a plan to deal with them (concentrated AA will kill them quickly provided you see them coming) or they will utterly steamroller you.

yeah they strike me as being sort of like the starcraft mutalisk in that they're so strong and versatile that you have to balance the game around them

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

DOCTOR THRAX!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

GLA soundtrack goes so hard