Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

StarkRavingMad posted:

I have a poo poo ton of work to do today but I'm plowing through it based on the power of Friday and weekend freedom almost here

hell yeah. just ended my train wreck of a meeting and officially powering down my brain for the remaining 1 hour i am here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I left town last Saturday and just got back today. Real glad to have had some time (and a Friday!) off.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

gently caress work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

hell yeah. just ended my train wreck of a meeting and officially powering down my brain for the remaining 1 hour i am here

ending another friday with a meeting with this customer where he will no doubt tell me he needs changes to the design AGAIN

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

I managed to do a work today despite my brain and body rebelling

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

mysterious frankie posted:

My boss sprung it on me that I have to go to Houston for the week starting Monday. Friday is cancelled, for anger reasons.

I'm leaving for the airport to catch a return flight in 40 minutes, maybe gonna make the company buy me a big airport burrito and/or a margarita. Friday is back on the menu!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

StarkRavingMad posted:

I have a poo poo ton of work to do today but I'm plowing through it based on the power of Friday and weekend freedom almost here

a week later, same Friday poo poo happening again

being stuck in a job where people expect you to actually do stuff on Friday instead of just daydreaming about being drunk and waiting for the clock to hit 5 is the worst

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

3 customers all simultaneously decided to give me the information i needed to finish these projects, and our shop guys are clamouring for work, so now i'm doing ot all week trying to get this work out. hosed over by our customers again!!!!!!!

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

I refuse this week

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

There is not one SINGLE chance I am working hard this day, this Friday

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

mysterious frankie posted:

big airport burrito

gently caress I know this was many Fridays past but I want a big drat burrito

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

wish i wasn't working on this friday but here i am

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

had to actually go to the office today because my team is adding an intern and I was the only person available to do this.

but also ended the day about an hour early, so it all worked out in the end :coal:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
It’s Friday and I’m working.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Stan Taylor posted:

It’s Friday and I’m working.

Working hard or hardly working lol happy Friday brother

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

We really gotta get that four-day work week thing going.

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

boxcarhobo posted:

wish i wasn't working on this friday but here i am

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

working on a friday iS A gently caress

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

what's up, nerds? i have today off. i took yesterday off, too. guess what i got for it? a cold! isn't that grand? these aren't sick days i'm taking!

i'd rather be working! put that on a bumper sticker!

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the work day has slowed to a crawl, ive delved threads i never would imagine to have even existed, and i have such a powerful urge to get hammered drunk asap

we're almost there folks

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
this morning was surprisingly hectic but I got through it and have now reached the "just waiting for the day to end" section of Friday

xdirtypinkox
Aug 12, 2004

And it gets easier as I pass the Edward Scissorhands village where privileged white kids date rape girls and taunt me in their SUV's.
Worked today been working 4am to 2pm everyday recently 6 days a week. Tuesday will be my first day off after 9 days. I'm so ready to sleep in Tuesday till my body inevitably wakes me up at 5am.

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.
worked 6 to 6 today. it was one of those days where you have to shower before and after work... sigh. stuff sucks yo.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I got up early to work on a friday

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Helios Grime posted:

I got up early to work on a friday

Ouch, do you at least get to leave early?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I'm working from home and am done with my work for the day and just need to wait on giving my signature on the documents. So that is almost like leaving early.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it's 9pm and I'm still at work on a Friday

gently caress

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I work 4 10s so I don't work Fridays. Sucks to suck for the rest of you

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

kecske posted:

it's 9pm and I'm still at work on a Friday

gently caress

what in the gently caress?!?!! get thew gently caress outta there man!!!!

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i'm on vacation this week so i am not working this Friday

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

was planning on leaving early today and then my project manager scheduled a kick off meeting for a new project at 1:30! what the hell!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Around 7am I was pulled into a meeting to fix a major issue which quickly devolved into a two hour bitch fest where everyone complained about how badly the company is failing. It was sorta comforting, because I thought I was only thinking things were a mess because I'm a dumbass who is out of the loop, but also bad because it turns out thinking I was dumb- rather than correctly perceiving the situation- was bulwarking my psyche.

Also I think I'm eating Korean ramen for lunch today.

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

I have today and yesterday off. Condolences to those working today.

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
I'm working today but I'm the only one in the office since the carpeting is getting replaced. And the guys doing the carpet replacement finished three hours ago so I've been hanging out by myself ever since. Only another hour or so until closing time. Not bad as far as Fridays go.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Weather is putting the kibosh on the weekend plans, which included leaving early today. I may still leave early, but work is trying to pull me back in, nooo

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Ten more minutes and then I’m freakin off work!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

This Friday I got to work an hour early to finish a work task that I should have finished on Wednesday! And I found out I might have hosed something up but I won’t know for sure until next week! What a Friday!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
I placed a physio appointment in the afternoon, so I'll hardly be working this Friday.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
This is my first week at my new job and I gotta say, I have not been this happy working starting a job for at least six years

I feel confident, I feel like I have a team that supports me, and the work is absolutely interesting. The person I report to (though not my manager; I'm a contractor) is just chill as all hell. I'm so glad I lucked into this, especially since on my first interview I almost didn't go for it because the interviewer wasn't sure they were able to meet my salary needs. They did, they're giving me a signing bonus AND 5k more than they quoted me on that first interview :toot:

I feel... good? is this what that feels like?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/aoiph/status/1456659580759445505

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007