Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

They came home with us Thursday afternoon. One, currently nameless, promptly hid. The other, Diana the Adventure Cat, came out of the carrier within three minutes and immediately began exploring the house. They're 10 and 13 weeks old. Diana is black, Nameless is a grey-fawn mixed bobtail Manx.

Partial catte tax:

Apart from that, I unpacked three boxes, threw away three contractor bags of trash, and went to the farmer's market, where I picked up challah, tamales, local pork sausage, slim-cut pork for schnitzel, baby eggplants, satsuma plums, tomatoes, and basil.

Pretty good day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Mongol

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

Post the other kitten you god drat criminal.

Arsenic Lupin

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Post the other kitten you god drat criminal.

She's hiding. When I find her again, she will be photographed. (She's coming out in the middle of the night to eat and poop.) This is also why she's currently nameless.

Pentaro

Name her Friday, in honor of this holy day.

Conrad_Birdie

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Awesome cats, thanks for sharing OP

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Awesome cats, thanks for sharing OP

make with the other cat already though!

kidcoelacanth

this is some good friday content

Linux Pirate

HEll yeah pet them cats

Lawman 0

hell yeah op

hot cocoa on the couch

waiting on the second promised cat

Ass-penny

OP we demand cat pictures. You've had a week c'mon now.

Arsenic Lupin

Everybody in the whole family has tried to spend time with Byakko. She is having none of it. Byakko comes out from under the console radio only when Diana is there. Byakko has appointed Diana her emotional support animal. When Diana walks from room to room, Byakko will follow behind, freezing and running if a human takes notice of her. Last night when I took Diana upstears Byakko stood at the food of the stairs meowing. (She will run upstairs to the litterbox if she's sure no humans will take notice.)

So. We are working on pictures, but they haven't happened yet. This weekend we're grabbing Byakko and forcing her to stay in my son's room, allowing Diana in for visits. Hopefully we can resocialize her.

e: More Diana.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Aug 20, 2021

Ass-penny

Awww, I hope Byakko gets more comfortable.:(

Mega64

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Looking forward to next Friday’s cat report!

hot cocoa on the couch

has Byakko become comfortable with some socialization yet?

Arsenic Lupin

Yes! When my son's awake I will go down and get a picture of Byakko being cuddled. (She's confined to his bedroom, with a cat tree to hide in.)

hot cocoa on the couch

:hellyeah:

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
its Friday

post them kitties

Arsenic Lupin

Introducing .... Byakko!

With a guest appearance by Diana.

Byakko is three weeks older than Diana.

ChubbyChecker

Arsenic Lupin posted:

They came home with us Thursday afternoon. One, currently nameless, promptly hid. The other, Diana the Adventure Cat, came out of the carrier within three minutes and immediately began exploring the house. They're 10 and 13 weeks old. Diana is black, Nameless is a grey-fawn mixed bobtail Manx.

Partial catte tax:

Apart from that, I unpacked three boxes, threw away three contractor bags of trash, and went to the farmer's market, where I picked up challah, tamales, local pork sausage, slim-cut pork for schnitzel, baby eggplants, satsuma plums, tomatoes, and basil.

Pretty good day.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Introducing .... Byakko!

:3:

Ass-penny

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Introducing .... Byakko!

:five:

thems good cats. I'm glad Byakko is getting used to your family and feeling more comfortable.

Arsenic Lupin

Byakko is really happy if you force her to be cuddled. Like, grab her out of the hidey-hole in the cat tree, and she goes along with it. My son says she's started coming out and watching him thoughtfully. She's definitely moving around more voluntarily, although she skitters if she thinks you're watching. She's getting there.

Diana is brought in for regular visits. Diana was sleeping on my son's bed and Byakko walked over to the bed, mewed, bopped Diana awake, and then Diana followed Byakko back to the cave for a proper sleep, where cats are supposed to be. :yaycat:

ChubbyChecker

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Byakko is really happy if you force her to be cuddled. Like, grab her out of the hidey-hole in the cat tree, and she goes along with it. My son says she's started coming out and watching him thoughtfully. She's definitely moving around more voluntarily, although she skitters if she thinks you're watching. She's getting there.

Diana is brought in for regular visits. Diana was sleeping on my son's bed and Byakko walked over to the bed, mewed, bopped Diana awake, and then Diana followed Byakko back to the cave for a proper sleep, where cats are supposed to be. :yaycat:

aww

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Introducing .... Byakko!

how beautiful

Enfys

The ocean is calling and I must go

Requesting update on how the kittens are doing on Friday

CAT INTERCEPTOR

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Friday kittens pls

hot cocoa on the couch

where the cats at

Arsenic Lupin

Last week's Diana and Byakko picture

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Velocibacon, you stole one of my kittens!

Diana, and her friend Byakko. Byakko is a Manx.

This week's Diana and Byakko picture to come.

Diana, the Queen of the Piano Stool

Diana's at that kitten stage where they haven't quite grown into their legs and tail. She's obviously going to be a long slinky beauty.

In general catte news, Byakko was allowed out into the full house on Monday. She's suspicious of the humans, except my son, but she and Diana rampage through the house together. When Byakko is tired, she sleeps on the chaise lounge in the sun.

Ass-penny

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Last week's Diana and Byakko picture

This week's Diana and Byakko picture to come.

Diana, the Queen of the Piano Stool

Diana's at that kitten stage where they haven't quite grown into their legs and tail. She's obviously going to be a long slinky beauty.

In general catte news, Byakko was allowed out into the full house on Monday. She's suspicious of the humans, except my son, but she and Diana rampage through the house together. When Byakko is tired, she sleeps on the chaise lounge in the sun.

very nice hook socks.

Arsenic Lupin

Byakko just let me pet her for the first time!!!!

Diana was extremely jealous, hopped up into the laundry basket, and put her body between Byakko and me.

gleebster

Only a howler
Maybe Byakko is Diana's cat, not yours.

Arsenic Lupin

gleebster posted:

Maybe Byakko is Diana's cat, not yours.

That's certainly what Diana thinks. Right now, Byakko is definitely my son's cat, because he chose her, he socialized her, and she trusts him. We'll see who else she lets into her orbit.

SeldomSeen

True Story...

some excellent Friday Cats.

ChubbyChecker

more pics pls

hot cocoa on the couch

ChubbyChecker posted:

more pics pls

Enfys

The ocean is calling and I must go

ChubbyChecker posted:

more pics pls

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free
literally look forward to this thread now, lol

Arsenic Lupin

Diana is currently a Very Rapidly Moving Cat; yesterday evening she and Byakko spent a good half an hour chasing each other up and down the stairs. All blur is therefore Diana's fault and has nothing to do with my being a bad photographer. No, we still haven't finished unpacking.

Diana investigates America's drug problem

Diana leaps tall laundry baskets

Diana and Byakko hang out in a window

hot cocoa on the couch

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Diana is currently a Very Rapidly Moving Cat; yesterday evening she and Byakko spent a good half an hour chasing each other up and down the stairs. All blur is therefore Diana's fault and has nothing to do with my being a bad photographer. No, we still haven't finished unpacking.

Diana investigates America's drug problem

Diana leaps tall laundry baskets

:3: :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Arsenic Lupin posted:

this is a great photo!