Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The real craziness is how beer and weed prices somehow haven't changed much since the 1990s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

AHH F/UGH posted:

If he took a photo with better lighting and color corrected it and maybe added a small sprig of some cilatro on top to balance the look of it a bit, no one would say anythig

What I'm saying here is learn to take photos you god drat plebian

that photo was about as appealing as if I put an endoscope inside my mouth while chewing

it just smelled so beefy I was under the spell

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'm pretty sure the death spiral of "less people buying stuff>raise prices to make up for lost revenue>even less people buy stuff>prices rise even higher" is a relatively new thing because I don't recall this happening when I was a kid. Usually when people weren't buying stuff, prices were actually lowered.
People are buying things. People are buying so many things they are running out. We haven't seen a profound supply disruption in the US since probably the 70s.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'm pretty sure the death spiral of "less people buying stuff>raise prices to make up for lost revenue>even less people buy stuff>prices rise even higher" is a relatively new thing because I don't recall this happening when I was a kid. Usually when people weren't buying stuff, prices were actually lowered.

ah I see you don’t watch reality tv as roughly half of all Gordon Ramsey kitchen nightmares feature the restaurant doing exactly this

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

Yaldabaoth posted:

People stopped buying things and saved all their bitcoins and now suddenly everything is open so they are spending their saved bitcoins.

The number of buttscoin is constant as satoshi pbuh always intended however inflation still happens because higher peak demand.

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat

zedprime posted:

People are buying things. People are buying so many things they are running out. We haven't seen a profound supply disruption in the US since probably the 70s.

kind of like how nobody drives in new york; there's too much traffic

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Well I learned something today but I feel what I learned may be racist or something, it just has that feel

How did you miss the sex butts thread?!

Anyway I randomly weigh a family member weekly to dial in my feed conversion ratio.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

The Bloop posted:

Well I learned something today but I feel what I learned may be racist or something, it just has that feel

I think it's called that because the canal authority or whatever is notorious for accepting bribes and you need a couple cartons of cigarettes to smooth things out.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Borscht posted:

I think it's called that because the canal authority or whatever is notorious for accepting bribes and you need a couple cartons of cigarettes to smooth things out.

Yes, that is indeed what I learned, which I did by googling it

And the Sexarse thread got away from me, I skipped a lot of pages

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

AHH F/UGH posted:

If he took a photo with better lighting and color corrected it and maybe added a small sprig of some cilatro on top to balance the look of it a bit, no one would say anythig

What I'm saying here is learn to take photos you god drat plebian

I think instead of telling people to learn to take photos, maybe you could give better hints, tips and tricks on how to take better photos, you know what I mean?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

satanic splash-back posted:

The real craziness is how beer and weed prices somehow haven't changed much since the 1990s.

weed prices have been going down in canada after legalization. lol owned inflation

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

zedprime posted:

Yeah my understanding is a bunch of people who didn’t have money actually got money with the covid stimulus and a bunch of factories shut down due to covid and now all the people who now have money to spend and everything is backlogged due to the factories having shut down. And some ports have intermittently closed or been at reduced capacity, also due to covid.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Maybe if I flex my ascetic pizza free lifestyle enough on the forums, the communist cat girl ive been stanning will know Im a true prole, and finally respond to my thirsty DMs

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

satanic splash-back posted:

seriously how is an eighth still the same price as it was when I started smoking????

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I just made some rly disgusting looking marinated tofu with random vegetables, no you can't see it

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Poohs Packin posted:

Maybe if I flex my ascetic pizza free lifestyle enough on the forums, the communist cat girl ive been stanning will know Im a true prole, and finally respond to my thirsty DMs

This grossed me out.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Mons Hubris posted:

Yeah my understanding is a bunch of people who didn’t have money actually got money with the covid stimulus

That's part of it for sure but demand across all categories except for like deli and menswear was up even before the first round of stimulus. One of the cool things we can do now since we've had three rounds of stimulus is predict what sales increase we will see from any given amount of helicopter money from the gov. Last round the finance group just sent out a excel sheet that detailed by product class by week the stimulus check income for the chain.

Marketing research is pretty illuminating too. Household savings have increased for the median customer ($50-60k a year household income) even as people spend more in stores. Interestingly enough, store foot traffic is flat to pre covid levels; people are just spending more per trip.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
also i reject the idea that everyone has to be a Cook

everyone should know hot to make enough basics to sustain themselves should they need to, but tbh i've got depression and there are times i barely have enough energy to even keep myself going, if I gotta pay someone to make me food i'm totally ok with this

i spent years just starving myself all day bc 'i've got food around, i just need to stop being lazy and make it!' and i tell you what, now i've got what is commonly referred to as 'an eating disorder', so, ya know

Food Good, however you get it in you!

\/\/\/\/ this is starting to feel like a conspiracy

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 17, 2021

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

StrangersInTheNight posted:

seriously how is an eighth still the same price as it was when I started smoking????

video game prices are also still around the same too.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

:lol:

Weed is 3$/gram.

:lol:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Half the country is still black market.

The recreational store nearest to me is $60/eighth after tax. The medical shops all over town are $15/eighth. There are two rec shops here (technically the next town west), they both charge black market rates. A medical card is $100~ and no one looks at medical records if you're over 30.

Maybe you should move to a legal state and get a medical card.

Buy any guns before getting a medical card, though. Having a medical card doesn't mean you're not on illegal drugs in the feds' eyes.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

hell astro course posted:

video game prices are also still around the same too.

New release current gen AAA titles are hitting $70 bucks at launch but considering how much the cost of producing games has gone up in the past 15 years it’s surprising it took this long to get there. Never mind that back in the day there were SNES titles that hit $80.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

uhh...
pardon my $50 oz plz

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

New release current gen AAA titles are hitting $70 bucks at launch but considering how much the cost of producing games has gone up in the past 15 years it’s surprising it took this long to get there. Never mind that back in the day there were SNES titles that hit $80.

Right, now adjust for inflation

Video games have gotten cheaper in real dollars every year while getting, if not better, certainly way more complex

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They are absolutely cheaper. A $70 game today is equal to about $42 in 1998, when Ocarina of Time MSRP’ed for $70.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Literally A Person posted:

This grossed me out.

*Tips velveteen top hat and returns to sneering at factory floor from glass office*

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Hot tip for you introverts and recently desocialized: spend all your evenings cooking and learning to cook and grow a garden, and start canning, then you always have an excuse to not participate in social activities.

For real though, I used to be 1000x more social than my introvert partner, but ever sense covid I just do not have the time of day for anyone anymore v🙂v

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

The Bloop posted:

Right, now adjust for inflation

Video games have gotten cheaper in real dollars every year while getting, if not better, certainly way more complex

i'll tell you what's gone up in price, and that is getting other people to do your own drat work for you and that's facts

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

The Saucer Hovers posted:

uhh...
pardon my $50 oz plz

We have those here too, but they're never anything I want to smoke.

Last time around of growing my own, the oz cost was less than $30 with all the materials, electricity, etc.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

naem posted:

I feel compelled to post a more photogenic image of beef stew and rice lol

Your stew looked fine in both photos don’t know why everyone got so up in arms, but then again when I asked GBS to help me design dinner for a week a bunch of weirdos popped up so I’m chalking it up to picky eaters.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Made this tonight. I took some liberties with the recipe I found below but I think it turned out okay?

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/21021/zucchini-parmesan/

First I started with this gigantic zucchini. The recipe calls for two but I figured this big boy would do the trick.

And it did!

IK EDIT-REMOVED INLINE GOATSE

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Aug 17, 2021

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

This is true, but DLC, microtransactions, and service subscriptions are things that didn't exist in that market back in the day to help permanently ruin the industry defray costs of production.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Bloopsy, we were supposed to be family

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A medium pizza 1 topping is 7 dollars near me.

Where do you live with such expensive pizza

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

This is true, but DLC, microtransactions, and service subscriptions are things that didn't exist in that market back in the day to help permanently ruin the industry defray costs of production.

They are also saving a ton on printing costs compared to 20+ years ago. Computer games used to come with a manual, sometimes full colour comic book, maps, posters, scratch and sniff cards, etc. Video games didn't usually have a beefy manual, but at least came with a color booklet.

Tutorials have gotten bigger, but manuals suck now. For a long while even if you bought the physical box in a store all you'd get is a quick start guide telling you to put the DVD in the DVD drive. If a manual exists at all it is a pdf you have to print out yourself.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Peter Daou Zen posted:

A medium pizza 1 topping is 7 dollars near me.

Where do you live with such expensive pizza

I mean in my city we have Little Caesars pepperoni for $5, a large 3 topping for $8 at Dominos (which is not bad at all honestly) and $27.50 large pizzas from local shops that use premium ingredients. It’s scaling.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
This is a pizza from a local place it's about 8 euros. Yes I like those toppings.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Ugh pepperoni on Hawaiian pizza :barf:

You should have got ham or bacon

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
It's not a hawaian. It's a peperoni with pineapple, jalapenos and liberal amounts of hot sauce. And it's great, the pineapple really works well with the other ingredients.

In my mind, only the combo of pineapple and ham makes it a hawaian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Re video games, Best Buy is selling the console versions of Cyberpunk 2077 for :10bux: today