Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

On a hunch I decided to try upgrading from a medium 3M Secure Click respirator to a large. I kept hearing that the medium would fit 75% of faces and I'm generally an "averaged" sized person so that seemed like the way to go. But now that I have a large to compare against I'm finding it much more comfortable.
  • I don't feel like my jaw is being held shut.
  • Less pressure on the top of my nose.
  • I can slide the respirator further down my nose to accommodate my glasses without pinching my nose closed.
Yet it still passes a negative pressure check just fine. Don't be scared to try a larger size if you have the means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

jetz0r posted:

a 13 million dollar ambulance ride.

Ambulance Road Trip: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!!

Getting A Bill For the GDP Of Norway: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pryor on Fire posted:

I probably never had covid and had absolutely no reaction to both shots. How do you even transfer a patient 1,500 miles? Do they need jet ambulance beds?

I imagine they charter a plane.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Zeroisanumber posted:

I imagine they charter a plane.

can confirm

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Nodelphi posted:

Posting through it. Lost sense of smell and tachycardia sucks. Can’t sleep.

So, story time: Had a lady come into the ER with typical covid symptoms last week, very short of breath. Unvaccinated, tried Bipap but it didn’t work at all. Had to intubations her and she was super hard to bag and was cyanotic.

Her lungs looked awful, worse than your typical covid pneumonia, I mean like concrete, only time I see lungs that bad are severe asbestosis, so I asked family some more questions. Turns out they were nebulizing colloidal silver into her for two weeks.

They insisted we continue doing this and of course I refused, saying it was killing her. They did not believe me and reported me to administration. Luckily they had my back but apparently there’s some dude in the community selling “nebulizable” colloidal silver in the community.

I have some in-laws that believe in colloidal silver nebs and it’s batshit insane imo

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

McNugget Buddy posted:

Dying with lightning not of lightning
I was going to make an Eric Adams joke until I realized you weren't saying "lighting"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Ruggan posted:

I have some in-laws that believe in colloidal silver nebs and it’s batshit insane imo

It's such a loving dire indictment of how lovely our capitalist liberal democracies are that literally nobody trusts them, to the point where they're willing to inhale heavy metals and take animal drugs based on what some guy on the internet says vs. listening to official guidance. And hell it's hard to blame them when said official guidance is frequently loving wrong and tainted by the influence of capital!

I mean poo poo I've seen a few people I know on facebook switching their avatars to something along the lines of "I have a healthy distrust for the government - and I got vaccinated". Just wild that normal every-day people (not crack-pinged lunatics like us) are openly saying that poo poo.

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

I told my mom to get a booster, and she’s all like “but the CDC saying 8 months? I got mine in March. What if I get a bigger immune reaction to the booster if I’m too early?” Is there an actual source I can send her that says it’s fine to take it now?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Schnorkles posted:

can confirm

your uber is here
\

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

medchem posted:

I told my mom to get a booster, and she’s all like “but the CDC saying 8 months? I got mine in March. What if I get a bigger immune reaction to the booster if I’m too early?” Is there an actual source I can send her that says it’s fine to take it now?

israel and germany are already giving it to olds

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hahah

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

israel and germany are already giving it to olds

Israel has also been way ahead of the CDC when it comes to up to date research especially since most of the population is vaccinated with Pfizer.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

am i loving blind where is this guy in the pic

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Nodelphi posted:

Posting through it. Lost sense of smell and tachycardia sucks. Can’t sleep.
i hope your condition is improving. ty for sharing about your symptoms as well as the stuff youre encountering in the wild

i did not have silver lungs on my bingo card tbqh

lmfao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

There's something hilarious about blue and red maga throwing super spread events on the same day with their fav washed out iconic celebs.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
omg I thought I was going to be in the privileged staying alive club getting my pfizer in december. Now I'm having a melty at the hospital saying good news boosters maybe by end of september!

I'm going to go out like stan chera and nodelphi

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t believe they only last six months

just the just ludicrous circumstances for a year and half

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

in awe of this lad

https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/1428771069146537984?s=21

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

omg I thought I was going to be in the privileged staying alive club getting my pfizer in december. Now I'm having a melty at the hospital saying good news boosters maybe by end of september!

I'm going to go out like stan chera and nodelphi

just do the gamefaqs speedrun if you live in the USA with Moderna.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
wait is it confirmed shots only last like 6 months or so?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

delta is exploding but people are being careful? what the gently caress

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

am i loving blind where is this guy in the pic

oh weird, they changed out the picture

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nate silver is inches from being a full blown covid denier at this point tbh

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

I mean he might not be wrong. It might mean that the breakthrough infection rate is much higher than previously thought.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Even as dumb as I knew Nate silver was I'm still astounded at the level of bad takes he has churned out throughout this entire pandemic

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

post COVID posted:

my brother just texted me 'do the chances of survival go down the longer you're intubated?' any MD goons want to weigh in?

god drat this sucks

probably beaten by now but yes, the longer you’re on a ventilator, the lower the chances of survival. before covid, a “long time” on a vent at our hospital (which is only trauma iii) was about a week. covid patients are languishing much longer and many of them die

maybe another medgoon can help clarify why but essentially when the vent is breathing for you, the pressure can gently caress up your lungs; the fact that it’s breathing for you can atrophy your breathing muscles; because you aren’t moving you’re at higher risk for clots and pressure injuries; a machine can’t independently compensate if your arterial blood gases change, whereas your body does so innately when you’re healthy; you’re at a higher risk for ventilator associated infection…the list goes on and on

Lovelyn fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 22, 2021

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

im kinda glad that it seems like a large portion of the population are avoiding people as much as possible

Iverron
May 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/wilfredodiazpr/status/1429240608623931392?s=21

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Good soup! posted:

Even as dumb as I knew Nate silver was I'm still astounded at the level of bad takes he has churned out throughout this entire pandemic

It's funny how he has a associate / entry level understand at best of so many concepts.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i knew nate silver sucked before this but jesus christ

what a shitbag

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Nate continues to forget there are 48 million kids under 12 in the us and that many of us who are vaccinated are avoiding big groups because of that

Nate continues to be the stupidest person on twitter

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

tut tut you all arent taking the proper level of precaution (none) that i, nate silver, has decreed intelligent

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

he's right

it should be 100%

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

fosborb posted:

oh weird, they changed out the picture

lmao

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
he was definitely there before

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I just report all of his covid tweets as misinfo now

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Nate continues to forget there are 48 million kids under 12 in the us and that many of us who are vaccinated are avoiding big groups because of that

Nate continues to be the stupidest person on twitter

Also immunocompromised people who haven't received a 3rd booster shot.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the fact that Nate Silver openly admitted he was intimidated by intro physics classes is very satisfying in a petty way. pretending to be the boy genius who can see the future, but newton's laws are too scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Good soup! posted:

I think "How sure are you, an actual expert, that COVID didn't come from a lab? Because I'm gonna take that number and average it with these total randos I talked to who are 100% it's a Chinese bioweapon, and then we'll know how it likely the lab leak is" is still his undefeated poo poo take, but yeah every day he finds a new way to stupid about the pandemic.