Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

so i have a rule inside my classroom that you have to leave my classroom to get a drink of water, that way kids arent giving me the excuse that they had their mask off to drink water. this is basically what happened before covid anyways—most kids used the water fountain.

now i have parents acting like im allowing their kid to die of thirst in my class, awesome awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Louisgod posted:

does it consist of ignoring the current pandemic and ignoring future ones?

Can't have future pandemics if everyone is dead

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Knight posted:

"We will fight the evil Daddy. Daddy, my band Crimson Coil wrote a song about this"

This is a middle-aged woman

You all laugh and shame her, but she had the foresight to name her band after what the human intestine looks like after an ivermectin overdose so who is the real artist?

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Stupid Boxes posted:

lol dragoncon happenin right now

lol got that plexiglass

ohhhhh THAT'S how they're gonna do d*con
lmfao this is going to kill more dweeb non-CHUDS than anything else ever

gregday
May 23, 2003

12k new cases in GA

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

the hubris to say you have a plan for the next pandemic when you literally can't handle the current one

is this peak lib?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

mod sassinator posted:

hahahahahahahaha holy poo poo

HOLY poo poo

if they roll back on the plan... holy poo poo

everyone--go the gently caress out now and max titers it immediately in your 5-6 month window post shot 2. this is unbelievably bad and hosed. the data from israel right now is crystal clear that boosters are cutting transmission again and working. why in the gently caress they would delay this in unbelievable

from the article it mostly sounds like the FDA is once again mad that the white house is moving forward before The Sacred and Holy Process is followed

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

tangy yet delightful posted:

the hubris to say you have a plan for the next pandemic when you literally can't handle the current one

is this peak lib?

C'mon man, we're just gonna take a mulligan on this pandemic.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

is this peak lib?

To be fair, having a plan 18 months ago would have made a pretty big difference.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Joementum posted:

from the article it mostly sounds like the FDA is once again mad that the white house is moving forward before The Sacred and Holy Process is followed

we need WARP SPEED

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!

Crunchy Black posted:

ohhhhh THAT'S how they're gonna do d*con
lmfao this is going to kill more dweeb non-CHUDS than anything else ever

i have a bunch of idiot friends going to con so my fb feed is full of pictures of people who couldn’t just not go to an indoor event with 45,000 people. I’ll be sure to share the best ones

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Local CVS wouldn't give me a Moderna booster because my first 2 shots were Pfizer.
I politely objected so the pharmacist called the regional office and they confirmed that's CVS policy based on current guidelines.

Guess I shouldn't have brought my vax card.
Walgreens is booked for a couple of days. I might just try a walk in at WalMart.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

The Nastier Nate posted:

management could be saving buckets of money by not paying for office space, internet, heating and cooling, electricity etc by just telling anyone who does not directly interact face-to-face with clients to work from home

but i guess not pissing away money isn't for everyone

Much like Amazon, Costco is heavily building out their campus. They have several huge new buildings being built right now at their corporate HQ to consolidate people who touch computers to order things.

It’s sociopath ceos who want their underlings in the office to push them around and so on. Also money probably already committed to these buildings but you’re 100% right. They could save money and make their employees happier, healthier, and more productive by letting them make their own choices about where to work or when to come into the office.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Stupid Boxes posted:

i have a bunch of idiot friends going to con so my fb feed is full of pictures of people who couldn’t just not go to an indoor event with 45,000 people. I’ll be sure to share the best ones

the funniest bit is that the parade, of all things, is ticket holder only as if having 30000 horny drunk nerds in a hotel lobby isn't going to kill them all

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Getting boosted right now.

I will have the combined power of both Pfizer AND Moderna soon.

A god amongst men.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

The Nastier Nate posted:

management could be saving buckets of money by not paying for office space, internet, heating and cooling, electricity etc by just telling anyone who does not directly interact face-to-face with clients to work from home

but i guess not pissing away money isn't for everyone

this is 100% true but for once the money isn't the point. they don't want to lose their professional kingdoms with all their servants scurrying about where they can feel powerful and in control

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

isaboo posted:

Local CVS wouldn't give me a Moderna booster because my first 2 shots were Pfizer.
I politely objected so the pharmacist called the regional office and they confirmed that's CVS policy based on current guidelines.

Guess I shouldn't have brought my vax card.
Walgreens is booked for a couple of days. I might just try a walk in at WalMart.

Just walk in and say it's your first shot, worked for me just now at Walgreens

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

oh my god

too true. same thoughts I had but couldn't clearly articulate

quote:

If you’re waiting for a moment where you’re like “this is it,” I’m telling you, it never comes. Nobody comes on TV and says “things are officially bad.” There’s no launch party for decay. It’s just a pileup of outrages and atrocities in between friendships and weddings and perhaps an unusual amount of alcohol.

Perhaps you’re waiting for some moment when the adrenaline kicks in and you’re fighting the virus or fascism all the time, but it’s not like that. Life is not a movie, and if it were, you’re certainly not the star. You’re just an extra. If something good or bad happens to you it’ll be random and no one will care. If you’re unlucky you’re a statistic. If you’re lucky, no one notices you at all.

Collapse is just a series of ordinary days in between extraordinary bullshit, most of it happening to someone else. That’s all it is.

Mokelumne Trekka fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 3, 2021

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
some goodies stolen from pyf tweet

https://twitter.com/nickschadegg/status/1433570022207602691

https://twitter.com/bjennymontero/status/1433829074217029638

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can't imagine how the rest of the WR weren't exposed.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1433838463657385985?s=20

nice little first round QB you have there. Would be a shame if he didn't have anyone to throw to.

This is their chud first rounder

https://i.imgur.com/g5tslL8.mp4

Panthers best defensive player is a DE who imitates spider man

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Thanks to the info in this thread my mom and dad just got their 3rd moderna shot, one trick,you see, is to be over 60 and cry to the pharmacist until they acquiesce

Gotta wait til end of october to hit my 5 months, I hope boosters are a still a thing by then lol

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Stupid Boxes posted:

lol dragoncon happenin right now

lol got that plexiglass

holy poo poo

neville is hot as hell

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

oh my god

too true. same thoughts I had but couldn't clearly articulate

a rich colombo fuckboi

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Speleothing posted:

To be fair, having a plan 18 months ago would have made a pretty big difference.

I know I saw multiple stories about public health departments pandemic response plans not being utilized and instead given to the highest bidder tech companies or whatever dumb poo poo. Maybe I'm wrong and the CDC didn't have a plan but I bet they did to and just decided not to follow it because :capitalism:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

there are, as I'm sure we all know, those stories of Germans noticing nasty smells coming from creepy buildings and carrying on with their lives

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

WampaLord posted:

Just walk in and say it's your first shot, worked for me just now at Walgreens

All the Walgreens near me only have Pfizer, according to their online appointment scheduler

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

there are, as I'm sure we all know, those stories of Germans noticing nasty smells coming from creepy buildings and carrying on with their lives

why are we still talking about dragoncon

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm sure it's basically a Sleepy Joe admin mea culpa at this point.

Don't worry when Dems get power, we will get the next response right!

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

First week of school where I am ending today.

3 cases reported one each at the different elementary schools. no cases linked to in school transmission yet as of today ( so four days).

no big jumps in the city level data either.

will look again at the end of next week and post the data. I figure how it’s going to go here should be obvious by next week.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

FizFashizzle posted:

why are we still talking about dragoncon

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

"Rated three Pinocchios, because while it is concentrated, it is not technically a camp, as there are permanent structures rather than tents. Furthermore..."

AppleNippleBOB
May 13, 2007

Woke up this morning feeling a little off, took a shower, and realized that my heart was racing. I checked, and I was rocking 120 bpm. My normal resting rate is 60-70.

All day it's been spiking with virtually any physical exertion. So I've spent most of today between 110 and 130bpm.

Very loving cool

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I think the collapse became inescapable right around the time a major US city got lead poisoned water and literally no one cared and nothing happened. Also when Trayvons murderer walked free I knew it was over for us as a society, we are walking dead right now.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Strep Vote posted:

I think the collapse became inescapable right around the time a major US city got lead poisoned water and literally no one cared and nothing happened. Also when Trayvons murderer walked free I knew it was over for us as a society, we are walking dead right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjugN-nUHh8

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Strep Vote posted:

sandy hook pretty much objectively said capitalism was more important

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1433892885632540674?s=20

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Strep Vote posted:

Now consider that those events were inescapable and predictable outcomes of the society that they took place in.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Now consider that those events were inescapable and predictable outcomes of the society that they took place in.

Lol I guess I should say it made it obvious, and yet large swathes of people don't know it's happening!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Strep Vote posted:

we are walking dead right now.

dont dead

open biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Teenage Riot posted:

This ratio seems REAL BAD

eventually it would be 100% of people in hospital and dying are vaccinated, if everyone got vaccinated. the overall numbers would just be smaller.