Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

My first post in the new thread to begin my journey to top 30 posters in this thread.

How do you even see that info?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Kunabomber posted:

Just post in every page up until page 7000 and they'll hand you a medal

Haha last time i did anything like that people just responded to me with "SPREADSHEETS" For like 5 years

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

i am not good with numbers and statistics, can somebody tell me if this is good or bad??

empty whippet box posted:

i am not good with numbers and statistics, can somebody tell me if this is good or bad??

someone must not have reported. It was 3200 hospitalizations a day for last week and only 4K over the weekend?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
43k to go until peak hospitalizations. At current rates, this will occur in or around August 31st.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Biden is recommending booster shots for people after our hospitals have run out of space? hahahah

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Stevie Lee posted:

i need a wfh job, gently caress these unmasked sheep at my office

What do you do?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
For anyone looking for another job - The medium/large Company I work for has been amazing and is making A LOT of its roles WFH. (We had 9 new people start yesterday and 6 were remote - Next week is 12 Remote, 2 hybrid, and 3 in Office). Our Intranet indicates we have ~150 openings but I'm not sure how many of these just havent been closed on time.

Edit: We have offices in MA, CA, NV, WA, OR, OK, KS, and NY
PM ME

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Business Gorillas posted:

1) do you mind if i take your info and add it to my JOBS JOBS JOBS copypaste i post every once in a while? i'm working with goons on getting WFH jobs and you're filling a huge amount of states that i can't hire people from (i have OH, DE, AZ, UT, & IL)

2) if yes, can you DM me some of the job postings so i can help people with resume skills?

Sure thing. It's important to also note that I was just listing where we have offices. We currently have people working in almost every state.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

etalian posted:

I cringe even thinking about what the 2-3 months will be like in the USA.

Things like ICU capacity have already gone off the rails, pray you did get sick or get a bad fall over the next few months since Chuds
will be burning through all the hospital space.

It's really a worse situation than we are making it out to be. I mean sure, I am doing stats based on total available beds....but we're looking at Hospitals failing in the South while Boston Hospitals are operating as normal so its not nationwide - yet.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I actually think we'll be in another big dip in a couple of months. Even Delta seems to burn out after a bit, and we'll be past the initial school outbreaks.

We're about 15 days away from surpassing the hospitalization numbers from the third wave - and another ~20 before total hospitalizations surpasses total available staffed beds (not taking into account the field hospitals that will spring up).

I do agree that we will have a dip at some point, but not before all of our hospital systems look like Florida and Texas.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Stevie Lee posted:

quasi-government fake work desk job pushing emails and spreadsheets all day

I'm in maine but also I'm barely scraping by on higher wages because i'm in hella debt

We are based out of Boston (I am not a hiring manager, i Just know and can nudge recruiters)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Either people aren't reporting or hospitalizations have really slown down since Friday.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

this says they expect 32k hospitalizations per day in September.

we only have capacity for 7 of those days right now.

holy poo poo

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1427768365934862337?s=21

still on track to max out hospital capacity in mid September

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My chud father in law (vaccinated) went to the grocery store today and someone in the deli said “you know you really should be wearing a mask.”

He got mad when I agreed.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

etalian posted:

I imagine we are a month or two away from the worst it especially after all US schools open back up without a mask mandate

once the hospitals collapse in a month, there’s no stopping it

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
UPDATE: According to the Numbers from Yesterday,
Total Hospitalizations are 88,481

That means that we are going to surpass the Hospitalization Peak on 8/26 - 26 days to get to 128k instead of 62.
AND

That means that we won't have any staffed hospital beds left for people by 9/22....right when all the kids start showing up from beginning of the school year.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

bowser posted:

Americans getting booster shots when most of the world is still waiting for their first dose in the same week that they abandon their interpreters and support staff in Afghanistan, both owing due to compounding poor leadership decisions across both parties *takes breath* is a great preview of how the climate change response will look.

Now do the same - but for Aliens visiting us

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
where can I get good memes about anti vaxxers

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Motherfucking....

KId who came to my sons birthday party has a loving fever (The party i did not want to have but was overrulled)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

31 days ago we only had 24k people hospitalized

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1416942528377540611

+65k people hospitalized in one month

everything is fine

11 days until we hit winter surge numbers and 40 until all the hospitals are full.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
friend of a friend in Cali just got sent home from a hospital in Ventura because it was full

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

37,000 cases left to hit the winter max -10.5 days away

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
When they eventually make a movie about COVID - Who is going to play head of the anti vax movement?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
https://data.rgj.com/covid-19-hospital-capacity/
This is great but where can i find a downloadable excel file for me to manipulate

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Ok,

I found the Data on HHS website.

https://imgur.com/Id8Wc5b

It appears as though we have 193,000 beds left across the country.

3500 (Now) COVID hospitalizations a day = 55 days until collapse

Pillowpants fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 19, 2021

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I found out my mother who moved to Sarasota a few months ago, and has lung cancer....lied to me about being vaccinated (like everything else ever)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My local school board meeting is starting.

There are crazy people with Protect Kids Masks = Child Abuse signs in the back.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
At last months meeting the pro-mask person got laughed out by anti mask hecklers and the cops had to be called so she organized a group of parents and they're loving dominating.

22 Year old is the first up: Blasting partisan lines to keep kids safe...Talking about the Kids dying in the South.

Next up is a homeowner wearing a mask - asking everyone to remember Polio. "You have to pass mask mandates because our children can't get vaccinated."

3rd Person: Not wearing his mask correctly, but he's pro-mask and talking about community and how important it is. Let the data guide you and don't listen to emotional speeches.

4/5: Quoting Health experts

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Google Butt posted:

Get up there and read the manifesto

I'm not going to a school board meeting hahaha - but I wrote a speech that was read.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Props to the gun nut saying covid is like a bullet and the masks will stop some of them.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
after 10 pro mask people speak, an anti masker interrupts. she’s old.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
VACCINES ARE CAUSING THE VARIANT MASKS DONT HELP AND GAVE MY KIDS IMPETEGO

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
an anti masker just used her young daughter as a political props

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Can someone give me a breakdown of the Pros/Cons of "Monoclonal Antibodies" for my wife to tell her friends.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Testvan posted:

had a jokerified lmao crackping reading this in the sturgis thread just now

" I m confused can you get covid even though you got the vaccine ? "

THERES A STURGIS THREAD? WHERE?!

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
9 Days until the January Hospitalization Peak is met (it will have taken 31 less days to go from 49k-128k)

192,000 beds left in the country....

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
According to HHS data

YESTERDAY at 9AM
Total Inpatient Beds: 781,367
Total Beds Used: 605,738
Total ICU Beds: 85,584
Total ICU Beds Used: 66,679
Total COVID Patients: 92,770

TODAY at 9AM
Total Inpatient Beds: 784,478
Total Beds Used: 609,893
INCREASE OF: 4,155
Total ICU Beds: 85,607
Total ICU Beds Used: 66,698
Total COVID Patients: 93,606
INCREASE OF: 836

Total Increase: 4,991
Total Beds: 870,098
Total Beds used: 676,591
Total Beds Remaining: 193,507
Days until Beds run out: 38.77

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Schools open earlier in the South than they do up here too - but I'm seeing pretty bad news out of PA and Delaware so it IS spreading up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Why the gently caress hasn't Biden issued SOME sort of order for masks or vaccinations in the schools. He should threaten any school district with a withdrawal of federal funds that doesn't require it - and frankly the DOJ should file charges against school board members who vote to let children die.