Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I wasn't on the leader board for the last thread so I gotta get more posts in on the new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

Can anyone sum up the important parts of the last 190 pages? Thread moves so fast and I'm not about to read that poo poo in eye-searing green.

Kids don't get covid

Whoops turns out they do!

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

This reminds me of the Ski Free yeti

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Korean Boomhauer posted:

premades aren’t that expensive

Fursuits are PPE

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

jetz0r posted:

Severe is basically ICU bed or ventilator level bad. Anything below that is mild or moderate.

Yep, long covid induced diabetes isn't considered a severe case

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Stereotype posted:

hawaii will lock down again, they're considering a curfew now but that isn't going to do anything but we have to make absolutely sure that our lovely nonsense half measures without even a working theory are indeed worthless before we can try the thing we already know works.

Last I heard about Hawaii it was from locals shouting at the top of their lungs to please stop going on vacation to Hawaii, we're full. Are they going to keep letting tourists in?

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Helith posted:

I thought the 'plan' was to vaccinate your way out of it lol lmao forever

I can't stop thinking about Gio's brother's suck 'n gently caress tour. "It's on them to get vaccinated" lol, lmao

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Kreeblah posted:

We wouldn't want people to panic, though. That might upset Number. Better to just let the kids die quietly and hope the problem goes away on its own somehow.

as far as I can tell, Number loves to feast upon the blood of innocents

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

A 24 year old woman my brother used to work with died of covid and everyone pointed out that it's no big deal because she was heavy.

like uh, have you looked at the rest of the country lately

I sent out an equipment return box for an employee who died. I googled the name and found an obit but no mention of Covid. He was a heavy set mid 30s guy so I gotta wonder if it was the roni.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

lol for anyone that got a J&J vaccine, no booster for you

quote:

The calls and emails about Covid-19 boosters have already started coming in to Dr. William Schaffner’s medical center in Nashville, Tennessee.

It started last week, when the US Food and Drug Administration and US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended an additional dose for certain immunocompromised people who had been given the Moderna or Pfizer/BioNTech vaccines.

Biden administration expected to advise Covid booster shots for most Americans
Then, on Monday, Biden administration officials said they are working on a plan to recommend more Americans get a booster about eight months after being fully vaccinated with the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. The question will be addressed during a White House Covid-19 briefing on Wednesday.

But nearly 14 million fully vaccinated people in the United States didn’t get one of those mRNA vaccines. They got the single-dose shot from Johnson & Johnson, and so far, they are not a part of this booster conversation.

“Our J&J patients have not been overlooked or neglected. It’s just the way the data are coming in,” said Schaffner, a professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

For J&J vaccine patients who are calling and emailing about boosters, he is telling them to wait.

“You can’t make good recommendations without the data,” he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/17/health/johnson-covid-booster-wait-wellness/index.html

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

gently caress it, I'm going to Safeway on my lunch break to try to get my 'first' shot of Moderna.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Tzen posted:

lol from the start everything having to do with j&j has been an utter failure

They're claiming to be 'waiting for more data' but the truth is there won't be any data because so few people got J&J that it isn't even being studied

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Nocturtle posted:

Not all in the necessity of getting advance booster shots, esp if they're coming in the fall anyway, but this doesn't apply to people walking around with a single JJ dose. I'd absolutely get a booster now if I got JJ originally and wouldn't feel even a little guilty.

Yeah no guilt here, I just hate lying. Washington State does track vaccine status so I'm trying to come up with a fake name to give them when I walk in.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Also I'm not waiting around to crawl over a horde of other people to get a shot like last time

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

crepeface posted:

"oh, how strange. the last guy was named max titers too"

Yes hello my name is Shirley Ineedabooster

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

I could use more female names guys, help

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Nocturtle posted:

Same, absolutely choke when lying, which is why I've been holding off on a booster and still relying on my original Moderna doses and the glorious golden power of BCG coursing through my veins. If boosters weren't coming "soon" I'd probably go for it.

Someone who went the fake name route to get a booster told me they had to confirm all their fake info at the CVS, including phone # + address, so maybe prepare for that. OTOH hard to imagine grocery store workers would care that much.

I already have a fake name I use on the internet I'm going to use. I have a Google number ill give them and I plan to just reverse the month-date of my actual birthday. Currently rehearsing it in my head so I don't blow it.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

zegermans posted:

any news on a Johnson and Johnson booster or are they just going to abandon that one and tell you to start over after you've lost immunity

Neither, they're just going to leave J&J havers twisting in the wind. Sorry but we're second class citizens now!

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

I just checked Safeway's website, it says you either need to provide proof of insurance or a government issued ID. Guess I'll just use my real name and hope they don't pull me up in some database before giving me the shot.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Strep Vote posted:

The number one rule of a plague is no travel. lol. lmao.

Not only did the CDC say it was safe, they actively encouraged it. In fact, if you didn't immediately burst forth to suck n gently caress you were labeled as being a broke brain with cave syndrome.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

In line at Safeway for my booster. I gave them my real information because they require you show ID and they gave me a CDC card and told me to wait in line. Looks like I'm getting Pfizer. Kinda mad they didn't let me choose but eh fuckit. There's two people ahead of me getting jabbed before they call my name.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Gio posted:

STOP COMMITTING FRAUD!!!

won’t someone please think of the rule followers???

I'm not committing fraud, I'm engaging in body modification

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

lol

lmao

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Tzen posted:

lol rachel gutman probably already got their 3rd shot
also congrats on your 3rd jab :getin:

This is jab #2 because I'm a J&J loser. My third shot is scheduled for next month.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Tzen posted:

Ohh right, well either way, glad you're on the right path now :coronatoot:

I'm finally a (literal) card carrying member of Pfizer Gang. It feels good, man. :unsmith:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

lol at all the goons trying to lie about being immunocompromised and getting turned away when all they had to lie about was being there for their first dose

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Rubby posted:

all things being equal I would rather be seen lying about being immunocompromised than, even falsely, admitting to another human being that I have waited until nearly Sep-loving-tember before getting my first jab

I was all prepared to say I avoided it for so long because I didn't believe it was truly free and was afraid of getting a bill in the mail, but nobody tried to small talk me. Dude just shot me up and I moonwalked out.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

PerniciousKnid posted:

So what's the easiest 3rd booster scam? Lie about immunocompromised, claim it's your first shot under a game name, claim it's your first under your real name...?

Edit: hey phone autocorrecting fake to game is too meta.

I used my real information and just lied about having not been vaccinated yet. Worked like a charm. If I get a bill in the mail later, well, that's Future Me's problem

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

When I was a 19 y/o college student, I would drive from one convenience store to the next trying to buy a case of Busch. If they tried to card me, I would pat my pockets, say "oops I left it in the car" and drive off to the next. Usually within 5 trips I would get lucky.

:)

I was going to do this but ultimately I'm too lazy to drive all over town trying to find a pharmacy tech who was too burnt out to care

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1428013287791284229?s=20

lol that the juiced Lollapalooza numbers are being used by people nationwide to twist the narrative

This exact thing is happening in my friends group with a guy who is big mad about having to wear masks again. He used the lollapalooza 'only 200 cases!' thing to justify that breakthrough cases are super rare. People who don't read this thread still think breakthrough cases are a thing that does not happen.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Thoguh posted:

Well, now I know to pencil in a fourth shot.

Doing the exact opposite of whatever the CDC is currently recommending seems to be the best way to keep ahead of things. It owns.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Asproigerosis posted:

The best we can hope for is that they develop brain damage from long covid. Otherwise the only way rich people will even notice is when too much of the help is dead and they are inconvenienced (a genuine possibility at this point considering the whole nobody working retail/service anymore)

https://twitter.com/SarahMaslinNir/status/1408830124066316290

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

covid gonna absolutely rip through the crazies in the state legislatures.

people like DeSantis and Abbott aren't crazy, they're just power hungry with absolutely 0 remorse for murdering their own citizenry. They're both vaccinated probably with boosters.

Hearing that Abbott was already boosted with a third shot, plus that CNN article saying Pfizer/Moderna recipients will get boosters but J&J havers can twist in the wind, is what crack-pinged me into getting a booster myself

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

holy poo poo I thought the regeneron grift was a run of the mill pumping the stock grift I had no idea Florida was doing regeneron POPUPS at the loving LIBRARY. are these people paying out of pocket or something???

Just gonna head on down to the public library for a shot of $50,000 snake oil

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

I wasn't going to post this but you talked me into it:

It's been T+24 hrs since I tricked the clinic into giving me Pfizer shot after having been vaccinated with J&J in early April. So far the only side effect I've had is a sore arm, but the soreness is significantly less than with the J&J shot.

J&J: immediate pain at the injection site like I'd just gotten hit in the upper arm with a 5lb sledgehammer. Pain went away after 24hrs. On the pain scale the soreness was probably a 6

Pfizer: no pain immediately after the shot but slowly ramped up over several hours. After 24 hours I'd call this soreness an 2 on the pain scale.

I have things I'd like to do this weekend but I'm being tentative on making plans in case I jinx myself and get wrecked over the next 24 hours.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

OK baizuo posted:

I never thought my misanthropy could reach the levels it's presently at but well, America makes fools of us all.

I was a misanthrope before it was cool

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

still can't get over regeneron pop up clinics

$50,000 snake oil > $0 vaccine

You get what you pay for!

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

Did they seriously announce delaying booster shots 1 day after i snuck mine?? aahahhahaha

Only trust C-Spam, the government will never help you

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

I called out a friend for talking down my legitimate concerns. I told them my dentist knew someone get long covid after a breakthrough infection and in response I got THE SCIENCE says that's incredibly rare! And I'm like, you constantly shooting down my perfectly legitimate concerns of getting brain fog or a pace maker installed because I'm here in the office touching other people's headset mouth pieces while you're smugly sitting in a country handling this better -and- you get to work from home -and- you got a better vaccine than me. Please kindly stfu.

Oh I was just trying to help you feel better from all that doomscrolling you do. Yeah well, loving gaslighting me every time I have a concern about vaccines not being bulletproof is NOT HELPING

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

cr0y posted:

JESUS loving GODDAMN TAP DANCING CHRIST WHAT DOES BEING RELIGIOUS HAVE TO DO WITH VACCINES KMG IMSNZIWNXBA%°%÷©÷&

God doesn't want his disciples taking that dirty vaccine, but the miracle drug made out of aborted fetus cells is a-OK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

When vaccines were new, the CDC said it was impossible to get infected if you were vaccinated. Then when the entire Yankees team caught Covid despite being vaccinated with J&J we were told oh it can happen but it's rare and you don't transmit. Then we found out it's not rare and you can transmit it, but you can't get long covid from it. Then it was oops we were wrong about long covid from breakthrough cases, but they're so rare they barely even happen. I'm sure by this time next month we will find out long covid from breakthroughs is common too! And people still will keep going to brunch, all the while stepping over the bodies of innocent children to do so!

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

:crackping: