Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Kreeblah posted:

So, like, what happens if the feds say no? Do they just leave 'em out in the sun, or what?

Re-use those mass graves they put the dead migrants into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Louisgod posted:

it owns so much we continue to force teachers to spend their own money making loving box fan cubes yet can give the pentagon an extra $25 billion to piss away

Why do you hate Afghan women? That money is necessary to secure a stable and free Afghanistan. Speaking of which, I haven't checked the Mideast thread in a while, I wonder how the peace deal is holding up.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nocturtle posted:

Reading more about Abbot testing positive and it's clear we'll never see again the fun insanity of Trump's COVID case. These high level GOP ghouls are too smart and evil to actually believe what they're telling people. While banning mask mandates they're tested twice daily while triple vaccinated and getting intensive pre-emptive medical care the second they test positive. Sure Regeneron might not be effective against delta but Imdevimab still is and I bet Abbot's doctor's know that.

Meanwhile Trump was such an actual fool he refused to get tested even after getting visibly sick and resisted care until hospitalization was imminent. And of course he live-tweeted it. It's not happening again, and people getting excited about Abbot's case are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Can't be more disappointing then Trump surviving.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Jon Irenicus posted:

Congress why are you just thinking about this? schools are in session right now. shouldn't we have worried about this a little earlier?

Well they were on vacation and everyone knows you don't take work on vacation, that just adds unnecessary stress to what should be a relaxing time.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nocturtle posted:

Unpopular opinion, that whole situation was already so over the top and perfect that even Trump surviving doesn't really detract from it.

Certainly wouldn't have objected to the ventilator-related outcome, but then we wouldn't have seen him gasping like a fish on the white house steps. Take joy where you can.

That's true, and we wouldn't have gotten 1/6 if he'd croaked. I retract my statement.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nocturtle posted:

Oooph another consequence of gerontocracy. Guess it's too much for them to care about their grand kids though.

They also have access to the real cures that they don't let the public have (assuming the gerentocrats didn't drink it all).

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

DeSantis is rich because he scammed Medicare, so I assume he's gonna make money off this somehow

I think you're confusing him with Rick Scott.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
One benefit of doing an end run around my state's lousy rollout is that they still think I'm not vaxxed so I get invites to vaccination sites. Might as well get a booster before school starts for the kiddies.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Tzen posted:

lmao if he's not dead he's going to win the next election

Remember in the 2020 election when he lured thousands of his supporters to frozen fields in the middle of nowhere and then abandoned them? That was pretty funny (although it also showed he was actually campaigning unlike some other presidential candidates I could name).

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Der Meister posted:

literally gently caress everything

Lol took a look at that video and the autoplay's next video was a COVID denier

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nodelphi posted:

ER goon update: It finally happened, woke up feeling fine but as the day progressed I started feeling bad so I got tested and I’m positive.

I think we’ve waited too long to do boosters. I was a first round vaccination as I’m an ER doc. Be careful out there goons.

Post through it please

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

I have decided that COVID is over and suck and gently caress summer is BACK

lol

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Joementum posted:

our vice president is sick from a fake cuban death ray and people are chugging horse dewormer

america's doing great!

Oh no, did those Cuban bastards get our beloved vice president Julie Louis-Dreyfuss?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

lol this is the same state where perry tried to mandate the HPV vaccine

Yeah but Perry had a financial stake in that, whereas nobody's getting rich off of COVID vaccines (except for Pfizer and Moderna stockholders and execs).

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

that’s the quarter-life crisis

Actually it's the mid life crisis now I hate to break the news about life expectancy going forward

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

ro khanna asking where the gently caress are the child vaccines: https://abc7news.com/covid-19-vaccine-children-under-12-safe-for-kids-reopening-school/10988190/

lmao the fda still hasn't responded to members of the house asking it where the gently caress is a timeline or anything

Someone told me there's an anti-vaxxer on the FDA's review board that's trying to spike the approval for kids. Shoulda asked for more deets so we could figure out who it was.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

T-Paine posted:

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1433511883424796677

we just aren't being nice enough to the paste chompin' fuckwits

This is just like those editorials blaming "the American people" for losing Afghanistan, lol.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Strep Vote posted:

accurate af, a nation full of hungry ghosts

No, that's Lemuria

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

we'll probably cure a "cancer" during the next 4 years and by cure I mean a regime of treament will be approved that will drastically improve overall outcomes so... yeah

Hopefully it won't involve extensive immunosuppressants, which I believe the current regimen does? If he does pull it off it will be pretty good, giving +1 happy citizen in each city.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Solarin posted:

schonorkles hates local businesses and experiences joy when they fail

What kind of world will he leave for his kid, where he won't be able to get some eggs bennie at 11 am on Saturday?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

i mean yeah i understand this desire but people are getting sick and dying still and you can blame anti-vaxxers all you want but your children still don't have shots in them

idk everyone's priorities are just wildly backwards.

Sounds like you've got an 8 month old anti-vaxxer in the house.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

fosborb posted:

it's Jim Jordan. pretending kids can't be touched is like his whole thing

lmao

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Ruggan posted:

if this does happen I think it’s a relative certainty that the excess land, goods, and wealth won’t be allowed to reach the hands of the have-nots

I mean yeah, creditors get first dibs, before heirs.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

Dear everyone on this forum older than me

God drat you're old why are you posting online :gonk:

because it's scary outside, there are teenagers everywhere.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Glumwheels posted:

So we have to go to Yakima/Trump country next week for our interview at USCIS offices. The fully vaccinated rate is 44% and the current positivity rate is 25.2%. It’s one of the worst counties in the state in regards to COVID.

So do I finally join respirator crew for the interview? They also have extremely unhealthy air quality going on due to a large wildfire nearby that is minimally contained. I have one 3m respirator I got last year for my wife because she was pregnant, never used, and thinking of buying another for myself just for the interview. I imagine we have to spend 1-2 hours in the drat office at least from start to finish. gently caress my life and gently caress covid and anti-vaxxer chuds.

Is there a big USCIS office in Yakima? Why in god's name would there be something there? If you have to move to Yakima for work, don't.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

LionArcher posted:

arcade fire is a worse live act than Coldplay.

hmm, I think I might be confusing them with the Flaming Lips

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

uh isn't the mayor of Portland the de facto chief of police?

Ted Wheeler doesn't believe in telling the police what they can and can't do.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

The US returning land to indigenous groups after areas become too burdensome for the federal government to care about seems like something that might actually happen.

"Here's you're land back! Be careful though, it is now a polluted plague land being swallowed by the sea. Good luck with it."

Ah yes, the Infinite Jest strategy

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

i think the big way it'll get undercut is that the employers will just ask employees "did you get vaccinated" and accept a yes answer with no proof

Don't be silly, we had to log into our employee profiles and check the "yes I am vaccinated box".

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

He doesn't stand for this sort of Malarkey

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

This is INSANE

Presumably it's because it's a union fight , but it also looks terrible that an employer of a large number of minorities who statistically have the lowest vax rate won't push them to do so

My union said they wouldn't fight it, but who knows what theirs thinks.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mistermojo posted:

the big corporations like Amazon and Walmart should just jab all their wage slaves against their will to keep the system going. what are they gonna do about it

They'll have the vaccination site near the loading dock and make workers carry packages too and from the jab site.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The numbers will be massaged down for 9/11 but 9/13 or whenever they revise old numbers will be a banger

It would be disrespectful of COVID to kill more people on 9/11 then 9/11 did. Bin Laden would roll over in his king-sized bed in Pakistan.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

lmao I mean it for real like one million + people are going to die from covid right now !!! and people are “remembering 911”

it’s really hosed up

to be fair, over a million people died from the aftermath of 9/11 too.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Nocturtle posted:

For sure, not taking rumors seriously right now and the musings of some posters here are good entertainment. But if it in fact turns out the pediatric vaccine can't be approved due to adverse effects there's no good next step. Either indefinite isolation until another vaccine candidate drags it's way through the trial process or face to bloodshed and send kids back to schools.

The fact that China managed to already approve a pediatric COVID vaccine gives some hope that the adverse effects can't be too bad. Also lol China already has a pediatric vaccine while the US admin is simultaneously decrying the "pandemic of the unvaccinated" and sending kids back to school without their shots. It's such a blatant national logistical and intellectual failure it's almost too obvious to point out.

If there aren't a lot of side effects in China or Cuba, it might be time for all us well-paid WFH computer touchers to go on a Cuban vacation next January...

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This pandemic really did mark the transition to the Chinese century and it's not even debatable.

pff, they'll be lucky if they get 50 years before the water wars start.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

tangy yet delightful posted:

your oregon link is an Indiana report

It's about Oregon High School in Indiana, which has 16 new COVID cases, as part of Indiana's 2349 new cases.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

Ooops.

There are no stories about covid in oregon right now?

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2021/09/coronavirus-in-oregon-2453-new-cases-20-new-deaths-continue-to-climb.html

here's one; 20 deaths and 2453 new cases.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

Fl owns

He's the presumptive republican prez nominee lmao

only if Trump is dead by 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Winston-Salem is a city in and the county seat of Forsyth County, North Carolina, United States.[4] In 2020, the population was 249,545 making it the second largest municipality in the Piedmont Triad region, the fifth most populous city in North Carolina, the third largest urban area in North Carolina, and the 89th most populous city in the United States.[5] With a metropolitan population of 679,948 it is the fourth largest metropolitan area in North Carolina.

We beat the Spanish Flu!