Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
gently caress, I have to rebuild my rep in a new thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:hmmyes:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pillowpants posted:

How do you even see that info?

Meticulous documentation

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Waiting at the CVS, pretty blond lady gets in line for the pharmacy, sees my respirator, then puts on a mask.

Surprising it's about 75% mask compliance at the moment

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stereotype posted:

npr is fearmongering right now about how many people are about to die but hasn’t once mentioned any NPIs. it’s all about vaccines.

What is an NPI?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stereotype posted:

Non-Pharmaceutical Intervention. things like mask-wearing and contact tracing. things that aren't easy, that are harder than just saying "go get a shot" and then declaring everything over.

The CSPAM doctirine

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I love how anemic my company's work from home schedule is. It's a half time WFH, which is better than nothing TBh. Restarted it yesterday (I had the day scheduled off previously), it's every other day until Labor Day. The schedule for my department has 20 people on it 11 of them work every day, a 4 of them have consecutive days at least one of the weeks.

One of my coworkers who is supposed to be working from home, and has been here all week, so he should have seen the schedule, is here today.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

^^^Get your kid tested nonetheless. Asymptomatic carriers can have long covid symptoms pop up later

:psyduck:

How is that even possible? They were wearing like hazmat suits in covid wards at the start of this. Have they backslid into acting like loving boomers at the Kroger's because they're vaccinated? What in the gently caress is going on

You don't have to be vaccinated to act like that.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PostNouveau posted:

I can't fathom the maskless covid ward. It's 8:20 in the morning and my brain is completely broken for the day.

I feel like you could drop a dime on them and get the hammer of god brought down pretty fast.

That's because we crack-ping'd a year ago. Most people haven't. My apartment is a refrigerator full of rotten food away from looking like an episode of Hoarders due to my roommate's lack of spatial awareness (she inherited some stuff) as of yesterday.

The mover kept telling me about how he took the test 3 times, and passed all of them, how someone he knew got really sick from the vaxx, how his coworkers all caught it at another job and got two weeks off, getting barred from entering a restaurant for not wearing a mask, how he only wore a mask twice, etc. All to me, who stupidity only wore a kf-94, because I assumed it would take an hour or two tops, not nearly 5 hours.

Anyway that experience taught me that some people really just perceive it like it's a cold, and it's just not a big deal. I didn't even get a "just the flu bro" vibe, it was honestly not something of concern, at all.

Hopefully I'm not the walking dead now.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Serf posted:

just had an emergency call about delta. we're moving to a temporary (they stressed this part hard) swing schedule were you will work m-w-f one week and then t -th the next week, for 1 month

best part: it doesn't start until next week and currently there are a dozen maskless workers in here ripping out the carpet lmaoooooooo

That's what my work did this week, but 11/20 are still every day, and another 4/20 have schedules with consecutive days. So in total it applies to 5 of us, and my fellow designer, who is supposed to be WFH today, is in the office.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Halloween will not be cancelled this year

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

that was only 3 months ago lmao

It was also the last time I went to a strip club

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jon Irenicus posted:

call me when we eventually get the Omega Varient cause that one's gonna be a little on the nose

I'll get to bust out my impersonation of that old board game The Omega Virus

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

You fool

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

U-DO Burger posted:

we have a new thread now that madjackal hasn't posted in yet so please stop trying to summon him back

He's too much of a coward to post here, for now

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ram dass in hell posted:

this is a prime thread for the gnashing of teeth, please let us enjoy our teeth gnashing, this isn't blood coming out of my gums, it's big ol titers

My favorite kind of titers

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

gradenko_2000 posted:

2016:
TRUMP!
*click*

2021:
SecureClick

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rubby posted:

https://twitter.com/Gothamist/status/1428146204806897668?s=20

lol literally every government official from the federal to the local level getting shown their asses by some mermaids

I got your shirt, but they sent me hot pink instead of fuchsia :argh:

Still love the car shirt

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

brugroffil posted:

Let me check my local hospital...

94.8% of all beds 89% of ICU

lol

I have one at 36%, one at 73%, everything else is 80% to 100% :ohdear:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Google Butt posted:

icu bunk beds

In 2019 when my roommate had her surgery I did note that when she was recovering there were connections for a second bed, despite all the rooms in that ward being single occupancy. I remember at the time speculating that was for the unlikely event of a disaster :lol:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My roommate just told me to go to the strip club because apparently I'm on my period.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

etalian posted:

What's a more embarrassing way to get COV19

-local Strip club
-Getting it Obama's birthday part after he made one of his boring speeches

Oof, Obama's Birthday Party by a country mile.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I got my two doses of slut juice, I can wear a mask, the strip club doesn't sound too bad...

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
oh, that's right, I don't have any money

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Strep Vote posted:

Remember what happened the last time you went to a strip club??!!

But the CDC already burned their masks, they can't burn them again

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

BONGHITZ posted:

i can fix her.

Your dick ain't that big

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Maybe just one little lap dance.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I watched part of the Dayton evening news tonight and it was covering how workers at the children's hospital are protesting, it was like three nurses back to back "I don't need a shot, I've been certified as having beat COVID and have the antibodies!"

Then I decided to watch an episode of Masters of the Universe instead

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hate to say it, but Joe Rogan is right

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CaptainBeefart posted:

That was loving infuriating to watch.

Edit: channel 7 not Masters of the Universe

I was on channel 2, but yeah, it really is the big crack-ping, that healthcare workers, who give the vaccines to children that would be NBD in 2019, fighting against getting one.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Stereotype posted:

wow hey look a nearly perfect analog to what is happening with covid. amazing

Good news for respirator crew

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I don't mind passwords, but I have like 5 of them that change every 60 to 120 days, they keep upping the requirements, and I think I should back charge them for adding two different 2fas. It's just aggravating as hell for building air handling units. "It's required for government contracts." Yeah, Moscow really cares about the air chiller on your training shelter.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Doctor posted:

this is really it huh. it’s really feeling like we’ve totally lost control of this drat thing

We never had control

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pillowpants posted:

after 10 pro mask people speak, an anti masker interrupts. she’s old.

Reminds me of seeing a cluster of school mask protesters last summer with signs like "school lunches like normal" and the youngest one was about 60 years old. What skin do you have in the game, you old fucks?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

cr0y posted:

JESUS loving GODDAMN TAP DANCING CHRIST WHAT DOES BEING RELIGIOUS HAVE TO DO WITH VACCINES KMG IMSNZIWNXBA%°%÷©÷&

Because it's god's plan if you die of COVID.

Usually it reminds me of being a dumbass kid in Youth Group, and the youth pastor told this story about this dude in a flood, who kept rebuffing attempts to evacuate, and then he dies. Then he meets god and is "why didn't you save me?"

Then God says "LMAO, I sent like 5 people to save you, but your dumbass still drowned"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm just going to continue laughing manically behind my respirator

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lacrosse posted:

This was me at New Years; everyone was cheering that 2020 was finally over, meanwhile I'm in the corner with a flat expression going 'I don't know how I can celebrate this moment when 2021 is gonna be way worse'

My parents sent me a Christmas ornament "2020, a year to forget" and I looked at it and thought the same thing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm fairly amused that Biden is so much worse than I had expected

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Judakel posted:

there's nothing sadder than con-tier nerd celebrities

Did she ever do anything outside of The Guild and Fallout New Vegas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Good soup! posted:

The MST3k reboot for some reason

Oh yeah, that sucked, and I forgot it existed