Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

The movie Jaws is actually about covid and was written by a time traveler from the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

test positivity is the proper way of knowing what's happening

Test positivity leveled off too (at 15% lol). Schools open this week too.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

the 8 month window for boosters is kind of poo poo. the israeli data shows around 8 months you are somewhere between 16-42% efficacy against delta with the mRNA vaccines. that's... not good.

max titers / eric crackl-ping after 6 months might be the way to go. let's see how strict pharmacies, etc. get about gatekeeping the official boosters

Yeah I'm here for my booster, its been 8 months. I couldn't find my vaccine card though.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

We plan to address the problem with a series of tweets over the next several days...

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

triple sulk posted:

I hate tech for a multitude of reasons but I don't have to write code or directly manage anyone so I try not to complain too much

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Apraxin posted:

good news, citizens of alabama - relief is at hand:
https://twitter.com/newsmax/status/1428567509016317964

:stonk:

Gonna be hilarious when he catches COVID again.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Guess I need to add bottled water to the stockpile since covid can choke the water supply too, gently caress

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

The polio vaccine sometimes gave you loving polio. It also got rid of polio. Too bad it's too late to ever stop COVID now.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I regret to inform you that Greg Abbots covid infection has perrished.
rip

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-governor-abbott-tests-negative-for-covid-19-after-short-illness/ar-AANAbpw?ocid=winp1taskbar

quote:

Texas Governor Greg Abbott, whose state is engulfed in a fourth COVID surge, said he tested negative for COVID-19 on Saturday after having a "brief and mild" bout with the infection this week.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Greg Legg posted:

I'm sure that's the case for some folks but the people I know who refuse the vaccine are doing so because they just don't want to take it. It's weird

I still think every excuse for not getting the shot except for not wanting to miss work with side effects is a bullshit excuse for being afraid of needles.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Was anti-vax a thing before Jenny McCarthy started pushing her bullshit.
I think she should be forced to drink the covid can on live tv for her crimes against humanity.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

McCracAttack posted:

Yo, anyone got stress management tips? I ask because I have quite a few needles in the red over her. Like, not all of the needles are in the red. But it's the most I've ever seen. So I should probably address this.

My strategy lately is to to enter a stress fugue state where nightmare and reality merge in a neverending string of unavailable disaster.

I don't recommend it.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

McCracAttack posted:

My strategy lately has been alcohol. That just took me from 'stressed' to 'stressed and hungover with stress hives'. I want to rip my face off.

Cutting back on booze did help a little for me. It sucks hard for the first couple of weeks though.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Nothing is real anymore. Especially COVID.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Spoondick posted:

we got a localish doc who's dumping hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, ivermectin and methylprednisolone via teledoc for every covid case he sees and the medrol is probably the only thing actually doing anything

no z-pak? wtf?

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Lie about the vax making your dick bigger. CDC didn't mind lying about masks when it suited them.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

oh ffs it's even stupider than i thought

Occam's pool noodle: With all things being equal, the dumbest answer is usually the correct one.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Be free from COVID and bathe in horse piss

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Has Biden signed a single executive order since taking office. Trump was loving trying to ban Muslims from day one and any other crazy bullshit he could think of. Seems there's plenty Biden could do about this but won't to keep from upsetting his base, the republicans.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Oh right, I forgot about the means tested college tuition reimbursement. There's that. I love good president joe boben.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

these a bleak days :crackping:

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Feed store was out of horse paste. Can I eat Elmer's glue paste since it's made of horse? Also what happens if I've already ate it?

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

In that heat map what was the story behind Missouri being deep purple and then suddenly just devoid of data before returning back to a more 'normal' trend?

The two big cities in the state both have indoor mask mandates. That probably helped slow it some. It's still chewing through rual areas though and there's a new hotspot brewing in the bootheel.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Hmm weird. South Dakota is real sick. This can't be right.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Joe Biden is succeeding where trump failed in getting voters from the opposing party to die from covid.
jesus christ this country is fuckin dumb

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Sure why not
It's the least bad weird thing Ive seen all week

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

The COVID situation today is the best it will be until spring of next year.
:crackping:

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Substandard posted:

How to coexist with COVID

Show a little decorum please, I plead to a virus

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

AppleNippleBOB posted:

I'm prob getting fired.

HR clarified that the covid sick policy that boss emailed the company actually expired the day following that email. so gently caress me. Cool poo poo.

You see we changed the service agreement after you agreed to it therefore...

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Covid will get worse weekly from now until November or December.
These are the good days. Jesus loving christ.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

There's nothing like a nice tall cold thick glass of horse paste before bed :yum:

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

"Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a vaccine for me."

"Okay Mr. Burns, what's your first name?"

"...I don't know."

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Looks like we're all getting boosters at 6 months. I bet they announce it in the next week or two.
https://twitter.com/Reuters_Health/status/1430685379687063558?s=20

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1431968501661581318?s=20
toss him on the pile

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I think they picked 8 months because the W.H.O. was complaining about other countries not getting vaccines and wanted to give them a couple extra months of good vaccine exports.
Then they saw the school infection rates and and decided moving up the booster would count as doing something about it.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Coronapaloza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

COVID? I barely know her! :haw: