Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

AtariAge had to lock the thread on that article and open one with a "no politics" rule, just in case you want to know how well they're handling it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Zeether posted:

AtariAge had to lock the thread on that article and open one with a "no politics" rule, just in case you want to know how well they're handling it

quote:

Sorry, but this thread should be closed. You can't link an article that is motivated by politics and then demand that there is no political discussions. By doing so, you are doing politics yourself.

:discourse:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Politics is when they talk about things I don't like.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Detective No. 27 posted:

Politics is when they talk about things I don't like.

"There's white and political, male and political, cisgender and political, and straight and political", yeah.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
gently caress I should do my log on to facebook once every 6 months thing and see what the freakout's like in the Atari Age group there.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I've basically quit looking at the AtariAge thread because it's pretty much the same thing

The guy doing photoshops is talented at making designs that won't ever happen though

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd love to see some screenshots of some meltdowns if possible.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

They're right here

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/325088-kotaku-article-not-too-favorable/
https://atariage.com/forums/topic/325101-kotaku-article-without-politics/

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
I just looked and there's nothing hilarious on facebook, bummer. Last post with Amico in it is back on August 15th with a dude shilling his youtube video on cancelling his preorder since the $200 value(!) of music download was apparently the last straw for him. Before that there's some posts lightly making GBS threads on Pat and Ian from when one of their podcast vids were posted. There is a pinned post at the top about having cleaned up and reminding people to stop doing low content posting of memes and no descriptions, but it's from march of last year so probably unrelated to the Amico.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

loving :lmao:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I have no idea how true some of those stories about Tommy are in the Kotaku comments but the dude sounds like he's a gigantic blowhard and even turned down adding Undertale music to VGL because "we only do music from real games"

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Dude has been a shitbird since he somehow got his show on G4.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Azubah posted:

Dude has been a shitbird since he somehow got his show on G4.

He's also a chud who follows Ben Shapiro and Tucker Carlson

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

https://twitter.com/The_RetroBro/status/1439938871857455110

ahahahaha

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh my god.

:allears:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

:laffo:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well, bro, do you? :colbert:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The "reverse racism and sexism" guy was a real hoot

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The latest episode of the CUpodcast (#282) goes into various peoples' personal accounts of run-ins with Tommy and :stare:

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Tommy uploaded another puff piece video from the Boomer's event to try to hype people up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J692mIYOlI

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Am I reading too much into this but like half of those people seem like they're either paid plants or have a gun to their head off camera to read off a script. Like this lady in particular:

seems to be trying her damnedest to hit all the ease of use marketing points, every single last one of them. Also not a huge variety of people in the interview booth, and only one kid that gave a vague positive opinion on it. Has anyone seen somebody post about going to this event to try the thing in person?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Turbinosamente posted:

Am I reading too much into this but like half of those people seem like they're either paid plants or have a gun to their head off camera to read off a script. Like this lady in particular:

seems to be trying her damnedest to hit all the ease of use marketing points, every single last one of them. Also not a huge variety of people in the interview booth, and only one kid that gave a vague positive opinion on it. Has anyone seen somebody post about going to this event to try the thing in person?

Didn't Pat and Ian either read from or got voicemails from someone who played the thing, and, at best, it got a big ol' "meh"?

Edit: "Ami-go buy a Switch".

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Tommy can't keep his mouth shut. This man is in charge of a company as a reminder

Tommy Tallarico posted:

Hi Folks. A friend sent me this link and although I prefer not to get involved with these types of things (I've learned the hard way!) there are some things I feel I need to clarify and talk about at this point. I will only make one post here as I prefer not to get into it with anyone and also know from experience that my thoughts, feelings and facts will trigger a certain group to attack and harass me and continue their misinformation campaign by using my words out of context. They will demand answers to their made up crap and then if I answer, they will call me a liar, say I can't take criticism and tell me I should be working instead of talking to them. Of course if I stay silent (which I've been trying to do for months) they say we're hiding. So definitely a no-win situation no matter what. But for the record (better to hear it from my mouth than a group of liars with an agenda) I may as well make a few comments on this subject matter. This will end up being a wall of text, so I apologize in advance. You can stop now if you hate these kinds of posts. You've been warned. :)

I'd first like to say that I have made mistakes. Not to the level certain people want you to believe, but mistakes none-the-less. I've been too optimistic at times. I've "wrestled in the mud" with folks who I now understand don't care what the truth is (even though I thought if they heard the real facts they would change their minds). I've gotten into immature flame wars when trying to defend the truth and defending against personal attacks against me and my family. I sometimes don't know when to shut my mouth and just ignore reading and responding to negativity. I've said things in a way that I meant as a joke, but came across differently to a lot of people. I've promised things before the pandemic and had to adjust due to the circumstances. I'm guilty of sharing too much information and doing too many interviews (which I have stopped). I could go on... but basically... what I'm trying to say is...I'm human. And sometimes my east coast "growing up in the 70's & 80's" attitude and personality rubs people the wrong way and gets me into trouble on the internet.

The smear and attack campaign that has been going on by a group of people over the past year has gotten to such toxic levels, it's both frightening and disgusting. I receive death threats, threats of raping my wife and a lot of "go commit suicide". They will dox our employees, investors, game developers and they actively harass anyone who has played the console and has anything nice to say about it. Dozens of YouTubers have quit talking about Amico (even though they played it and loved it) because of continued harassment. The obsessed anti-Amico stalkers demand that we show the console and games to people to play. But when we do, and people like it... they bully, harass and dox them to the point of submission. Of course these same people say I'm lying about this to garnish sympathy. They constantly demand proof and then just ignore it when they are consistently proven wrong. Here is just one small example from someone who I met and showed Amico to him and his family. I didn't know this person beforehand and he actually made a few fair and critical videos about Amico. I found out he lived in an area I was already traveling to so we agreed to meet. His family loved it and he spoke openly about it. As soon as he started talking about his positive experience, he was attacked to the point of not wanting to discuss it anymore. Cued up: https://youtu.be/JNrjJ4qDuyM?t=2961 This is one of MANY. So many nasty videos out there about people who like Amico. Anyone who likes Amico is considered an "Amico cult member". Here's a recent video addressing this: https://youtu.be/oXeqr5WIW-8

Contrary to what a certain group will tell you, I do NOT call people who criticize us "haters". I do NOT call people who don't like Amico "gaming racists". And because it seems to have become a hot topic by some, I was comparing hardcore toxic gamers who go out of their way to just hate on other consoles (whether it be Nintendo, Xbox, PS, etc.) saying that it's like they are being like racists (blindly hating) towards others because they are something they are not. Did I use the wrong analogy? YEP! Sure did! Shouldn't have used that term and I've apologized numerous times about it and will apologize here once again. I was saying it a bit tongue and cheek at the time (and you'll notice a "just kidding" smiley face when I typed it), but now realize that such strong language has consequences... especially when taken out of context and not how I actually meant it to be understood by others. Dumb mistake.

The 3 people from that anti-Amico subreddit who are here trying to defend themselves (TonyTGD, SteamPoweredInternet & TommyPoopyPants) are some of the more vocal people(some call them the hate leaders) of the constant and obsessive smear campaign. They go by different names on YouTube, AtariAge, Discord, Twitter, Resetera and even run an obsessed website called amicogames.com. Go have a look and ask yourself if these folks are acting normal. They literally spend every waking hour posting something negative somewhere. Their entire online identity revolves around harassing me and trying to destroy a company and product that they don't like. Not trying to play victim, just dropping facts. They actively try to get us canceled by any means possible. Whether it's contacting the SEC, FTC or our licensors and partners and even calling venues we'll be at. Recently when we announced we were having a public event, they called and e-mailed the venue to try and get the event canceled (and actively told people to do the same).

And yes, they don't mind others bad behavior as long as it helps them to harass & destroy people or a product they don't like.

On this very thread, I noticed that SteamPoweredInternet wrote: "I hate Tommy Tallarico". And then he will go on to say that the reason is he doing all of this is to "save investors from being scammed". Really? So destroying a product and company that people have invested in is helping to save those investors? Gotcha. Nice try.

Politics: I don't talk politics online. The few times I did (trying to show both sides of an argument) it quickly devolved and I decided it wasn't worth it. I have voted Republican, Democrat, Independent, Libertarian and the Green party. I sometimes vote for the person, sometimes for the policies but never because of the party they are in. Quite frankly, I'm not really interested in politics anymore and there are millions of people who follow it and know a lot more than I do, so I don't feel qualified to ever discuss it, especially in public. I do find it interesting though that these smear campaigns against me never point out that I also follow the likes of President Obama, Republican hating Bill Maher or progressives like Jimmy Dore or others who talk to both sides like Russell Brand or Joe Rogan. I guess that doesn't match the false narrative? I like hearing both sides and then making a decision. But again, I'm more of an onlooker and not an activist in any way, shape or form.

Some other political thoughts.Do I believe in gay marriage? Yes.Am I a white supremacist? HELL NO!For all of these stalkers obsessed with dragging up my 20 year posting history, I always find it interesting how they never talk about how I post & praise about some of my heroes like Martin Luther King, Muhammad Ali, Jackie Robinson, Derek Jeter, etc.I enjoyed the drama of watching liberals & conservatives making points to each other. It doesn't mean I agree or support either side.

In closing, Yes, we are being overly harassed every day for wanting to make a new video game console focusing on casual gamers and families. Yes, COVID has greatly affected our plans and like all pre-revenue start up companies (especially ones hit hard over the past year and a half) are still raising capital. Yes, I've made mistakes... especially when dealing with online hate and harassment. NO! I do not think that anyone who is critical of what we’re doing and/or the mistakes I've made is a "hater". That title goes to the overly obsessed and aggressive folks whose goal is to destroy us & spend every day trying to misinform the public or come up with the next false conspiracy theory.

Thanks for your time if you made it this far.

Tommy Tallarico posted:

One final political thought because I know it has come up.

Yes, I've spoken about Columbus Day as a holiday because it is something that is important to me. I don't care if folks want to change the name. Understandable. But also understand that the reason that day was first given as a holiday to Italian-Americans was because 12 Italian-Americans were found innocent in trial and then hung and murdered in the streets in the late 1800's. The holiday & cultural celebration was given as an apology for the horrific things the Italian immigrants went through. Just like the Irish, the Polish, the Indigenous People and of course Latinos, Asians, Muslims and African-Americans (I apologize if I forgot any groups, I know there are many). My 80 year old mother still tells stories of people throwing tomatoes at her when she was on her way to grade school calling her a "wop" and other names. I believe the Indigenous People should have their own holiday and celebrate their incredible culture. I believe ANY group or culture should be celebrated here in the U.S.A. Irish have St. Paddy's Day, Mexicans celebrate their culture on Cinco de Mayo, and so on. Not everyone is represented... but should be.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditD...web2x&context=3

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Didn't Pat and Ian either read from or got voicemails from someone who played the thing, and, at best, it got a big ol' "meh"?

Edit: "Ami-go buy a Switch".

I'm not up to date on the CU podcast but I can believe this. I find it super suspicious that only one kid was allowed to give a verbal opinion. They have a decent amount of footage of kids interacting with it but only one "I like the game." And the one family in the booth with kids, the kids certainly looked bored.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/Tomenheimer/status/1443369553539391491?s=19

It's funny how he went to bat for known genocider Christopher Columbus when Sacco and Vanzetti were right there to prop up his victim complex.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Between this and Chris Pratt it's been a bad time for Italian gamers

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

The Amico is the video game equivalent of that Silicon Valley juicer machine except that thing actually came out.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I wonder how many of the people in that playtest event video are employees…

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

ErrEff posted:

I wonder how many of the people in that playtest event video are employees…
Not so much employees as shills. I don't think I've heard of actual employees besides Tommy, mustache guy and Hans Ippisch

Oh and they had one other guy they sent to pick up some dumb Octane award they "won" and have won for like 3 years now

Zeether fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 30, 2021

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

On Pat and Ian's podcast they pull up some job listings for super vital positions like firmware and store stuff that were listed much too recently for a console that was supposed to come out months ago. They sounded underpaid too. Plus I'm sure anyone would be too embarrassed to put the Amiico on their resume or use Talirico as a reference.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Ahahaha I just found out one of the people in the Boomer's video is the guy from Octane who "awarded" them 3 years in a row for bullshit like "best place to work"

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
https://youtu.be/1c6y_-SQsqk

NFT based games :psypop:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Triple bingo!!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Intellivision Amico posted:

FUN FACT

Finnigan Fox is based loosely on the 2018 crowdfunded pixel-art platformer "FOX n FORESTS"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ9yaAwdhQg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is it just called "finnegan fox" because the saveafox youtube channel does numbers?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Is it just called "finnegan fox" because the saveafox youtube channel does numbers?
I don't think it is but I'm sure Tommy will make some poo poo up about how it is related just to try to rope people in

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

"Physical media" is whatever people want it to be now.

Cardboard box with an RFID card... and a coin for some reason? Totally qualifies.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

At least amiibos don't gotta connect to a server or burn down any forests any time you use one.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Ahahaha I didn't even get to the part where Tommy is selling these "games" for a console that isn't even out and the actual games are still in development.

Tommy: "It says Limited. People will jump all over it."

Other guy: "Absolutely!"

SCAM ALERT :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

At least amiibos don't gotta connect to a server or burn down any forests any time you use one.

Also they're cool figures to collect even if you don't use them in the games