Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Tommy gave the Charlie and the Choclate Factory game a 9 out of 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Canopus250 posted:

Is Tallarico also the one who did that insane gaming tv show in the late 90s?

No, that's George Wood

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Zeether posted:

He docked points off a GTA game rating (pretty sure it was one of the spinoffs or San Andreas) because the main character wasn't named Tommy like in Vice City.

Genuinely thought at one point he wasn't actually that bad of a person because of a Mega64 podcast episode where they visited his house and he said he was just playing a character on Judgment Day/EP but after recently hearing about the time he went on the IGN forums to defend his review of Smash Bros. Melee + the crazy rightwing stuff? He definitely wasn't playing.

Do you have more information on him defending his Smash Melee review on IGN forums, like a link to the thread?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Azubah posted:

Dude has been a shitbird since he somehow got his show on G4.

He's also a chud who follows Ben Shapiro and Tucker Carlson

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Tommy can't keep his mouth shut. This man is in charge of a company as a reminder

Tommy Tallarico posted:

Hi Folks. A friend sent me this link and although I prefer not to get involved with these types of things (I've learned the hard way!) there are some things I feel I need to clarify and talk about at this point. I will only make one post here as I prefer not to get into it with anyone and also know from experience that my thoughts, feelings and facts will trigger a certain group to attack and harass me and continue their misinformation campaign by using my words out of context. They will demand answers to their made up crap and then if I answer, they will call me a liar, say I can't take criticism and tell me I should be working instead of talking to them. Of course if I stay silent (which I've been trying to do for months) they say we're hiding. So definitely a no-win situation no matter what. But for the record (better to hear it from my mouth than a group of liars with an agenda) I may as well make a few comments on this subject matter. This will end up being a wall of text, so I apologize in advance. You can stop now if you hate these kinds of posts. You've been warned. :)

I'd first like to say that I have made mistakes. Not to the level certain people want you to believe, but mistakes none-the-less. I've been too optimistic at times. I've "wrestled in the mud" with folks who I now understand don't care what the truth is (even though I thought if they heard the real facts they would change their minds). I've gotten into immature flame wars when trying to defend the truth and defending against personal attacks against me and my family. I sometimes don't know when to shut my mouth and just ignore reading and responding to negativity. I've said things in a way that I meant as a joke, but came across differently to a lot of people. I've promised things before the pandemic and had to adjust due to the circumstances. I'm guilty of sharing too much information and doing too many interviews (which I have stopped). I could go on... but basically... what I'm trying to say is...I'm human. And sometimes my east coast "growing up in the 70's & 80's" attitude and personality rubs people the wrong way and gets me into trouble on the internet.

The smear and attack campaign that has been going on by a group of people over the past year has gotten to such toxic levels, it's both frightening and disgusting. I receive death threats, threats of raping my wife and a lot of "go commit suicide". They will dox our employees, investors, game developers and they actively harass anyone who has played the console and has anything nice to say about it. Dozens of YouTubers have quit talking about Amico (even though they played it and loved it) because of continued harassment. The obsessed anti-Amico stalkers demand that we show the console and games to people to play. But when we do, and people like it... they bully, harass and dox them to the point of submission. Of course these same people say I'm lying about this to garnish sympathy. They constantly demand proof and then just ignore it when they are consistently proven wrong. Here is just one small example from someone who I met and showed Amico to him and his family. I didn't know this person beforehand and he actually made a few fair and critical videos about Amico. I found out he lived in an area I was already traveling to so we agreed to meet. His family loved it and he spoke openly about it. As soon as he started talking about his positive experience, he was attacked to the point of not wanting to discuss it anymore. Cued up: https://youtu.be/JNrjJ4qDuyM?t=2961 This is one of MANY. So many nasty videos out there about people who like Amico. Anyone who likes Amico is considered an "Amico cult member". Here's a recent video addressing this: https://youtu.be/oXeqr5WIW-8

Contrary to what a certain group will tell you, I do NOT call people who criticize us "haters". I do NOT call people who don't like Amico "gaming racists". And because it seems to have become a hot topic by some, I was comparing hardcore toxic gamers who go out of their way to just hate on other consoles (whether it be Nintendo, Xbox, PS, etc.) saying that it's like they are being like racists (blindly hating) towards others because they are something they are not. Did I use the wrong analogy? YEP! Sure did! Shouldn't have used that term and I've apologized numerous times about it and will apologize here once again. I was saying it a bit tongue and cheek at the time (and you'll notice a "just kidding" smiley face when I typed it), but now realize that such strong language has consequences... especially when taken out of context and not how I actually meant it to be understood by others. Dumb mistake.

The 3 people from that anti-Amico subreddit who are here trying to defend themselves (TonyTGD, SteamPoweredInternet & TommyPoopyPants) are some of the more vocal people(some call them the hate leaders) of the constant and obsessive smear campaign. They go by different names on YouTube, AtariAge, Discord, Twitter, Resetera and even run an obsessed website called amicogames.com. Go have a look and ask yourself if these folks are acting normal. They literally spend every waking hour posting something negative somewhere. Their entire online identity revolves around harassing me and trying to destroy a company and product that they don't like. Not trying to play victim, just dropping facts. They actively try to get us canceled by any means possible. Whether it's contacting the SEC, FTC or our licensors and partners and even calling venues we'll be at. Recently when we announced we were having a public event, they called and e-mailed the venue to try and get the event canceled (and actively told people to do the same).

And yes, they don't mind others bad behavior as long as it helps them to harass & destroy people or a product they don't like.

On this very thread, I noticed that SteamPoweredInternet wrote: "I hate Tommy Tallarico". And then he will go on to say that the reason is he doing all of this is to "save investors from being scammed". Really? So destroying a product and company that people have invested in is helping to save those investors? Gotcha. Nice try.

Politics: I don't talk politics online. The few times I did (trying to show both sides of an argument) it quickly devolved and I decided it wasn't worth it. I have voted Republican, Democrat, Independent, Libertarian and the Green party. I sometimes vote for the person, sometimes for the policies but never because of the party they are in. Quite frankly, I'm not really interested in politics anymore and there are millions of people who follow it and know a lot more than I do, so I don't feel qualified to ever discuss it, especially in public. I do find it interesting though that these smear campaigns against me never point out that I also follow the likes of President Obama, Republican hating Bill Maher or progressives like Jimmy Dore or others who talk to both sides like Russell Brand or Joe Rogan. I guess that doesn't match the false narrative? I like hearing both sides and then making a decision. But again, I'm more of an onlooker and not an activist in any way, shape or form.

Some other political thoughts.Do I believe in gay marriage? Yes.Am I a white supremacist? HELL NO!For all of these stalkers obsessed with dragging up my 20 year posting history, I always find it interesting how they never talk about how I post & praise about some of my heroes like Martin Luther King, Muhammad Ali, Jackie Robinson, Derek Jeter, etc.I enjoyed the drama of watching liberals & conservatives making points to each other. It doesn't mean I agree or support either side.

In closing, Yes, we are being overly harassed every day for wanting to make a new video game console focusing on casual gamers and families. Yes, COVID has greatly affected our plans and like all pre-revenue start up companies (especially ones hit hard over the past year and a half) are still raising capital. Yes, I've made mistakes... especially when dealing with online hate and harassment. NO! I do not think that anyone who is critical of what we’re doing and/or the mistakes I've made is a "hater". That title goes to the overly obsessed and aggressive folks whose goal is to destroy us & spend every day trying to misinform the public or come up with the next false conspiracy theory.

Thanks for your time if you made it this far.

Tommy Tallarico posted:

One final political thought because I know it has come up.

Yes, I've spoken about Columbus Day as a holiday because it is something that is important to me. I don't care if folks want to change the name. Understandable. But also understand that the reason that day was first given as a holiday to Italian-Americans was because 12 Italian-Americans were found innocent in trial and then hung and murdered in the streets in the late 1800's. The holiday & cultural celebration was given as an apology for the horrific things the Italian immigrants went through. Just like the Irish, the Polish, the Indigenous People and of course Latinos, Asians, Muslims and African-Americans (I apologize if I forgot any groups, I know there are many). My 80 year old mother still tells stories of people throwing tomatoes at her when she was on her way to grade school calling her a "wop" and other names. I believe the Indigenous People should have their own holiday and celebrate their incredible culture. I believe ANY group or culture should be celebrated here in the U.S.A. Irish have St. Paddy's Day, Mexicans celebrate their culture on Cinco de Mayo, and so on. Not everyone is represented... but should be.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditD...web2x&context=3

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

At least amiibos don't gotta connect to a server or burn down any forests any time you use one.

Also they're cool figures to collect even if you don't use them in the games

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also according to the comments on the NFT video the Amico is unsurprisingly no longer coming out in 2021 but early 2022 (which I won't be surprised when it gets delayed again, or even if the drat thing gets scraped). This was after they promised to try go get the Founder's Editions into peoples hands by the end of the year.

Mainly I want to laugh at Tommy Tallarico for being such a piece of poo poo and seeing him fail

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1447537474163593225
https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1405869163273404424
https://twitter.com/DamienMcFerran/status/1413474087222059010

Why are Nintendo Life being such shills for the Amico? I've seen them criticized the company they're named after more than this piece of poo poo

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the intellivison amico is going to own and if you cant see this then you are just plain stupid. thats right i said it
Hello George Wood

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

organburner posted:

Isn't that literally what stock photos are for though? I mean yeah they should be able to set up some photoshoots or so one might think.

they can't just get some people to hold the controllers and take pictures of them? would it really have been that difficult or expensive to do

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

i love this glorious dumpster fire

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Turbinosamente posted:

Also realizing that the Amiibo fad is pretty well dead now. The hype for those ended before this project was even conceived right?

I mean they still make Amiibos and they sell all right, it's the general Toy to Life genre (Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions) is dead

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Surprising absolutely no one
https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1491456871672209415

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm not really a fan of Pat (especially after learning he and Ian shat on people who didn't like the announcement of Diablo Immortal), but I enjoy watching him poo poo on it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Very excited for the upcoming Amico episode of What Happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/nintendolife/status/1547970506699051012

Why did they even bother renewing the patent when it's extremely likely that the console is never coming out