Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Yeah I totally want to buy video games from someone who doesn't know the difference between winning and losing

The Intellivision Wimp Lo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Between this and Chris Pratt it's been a bad time for Italian gamers

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

NFTs do literally nothing. Only scammers and marks have any interest in them.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Barudak posted:

Nintendo lets you release boxed copies that do not contain any game at all inside the box, not just even a "heres part of the game" fig leaf cartridge like Spyro or NB2k. You have to put a warning that a download is required to use it, but Wolfenstein Youngblood literally sells you a box with no cartridge inside if you buy the physical version.

So the same thing PC games have been doing for over a decade?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lol that there's so many influencers trying to be the first to make their mockery gameplay videos it ends up selling out at least the first presumably pathetic shipment

Also realising Amico sounds a lot like Amiibo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Yeah, amiibos still sell like mad, Nintendo just didn't go insane with them and just sells them as merchandise with benefits, thus being basically the last man standing in the video game tie-in toys market by default.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Complaining that video games are all blood and guts and you're not allowed to have imagination anymore, and I thought I hadn't seen such 'I haven't actually played a video game for 20 years' energy since the Star Citizen thread.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Why Tommy didn't just put down money to organize an ultimate Intellivision collection, released for all of the major platforms, complete with accurate ports as well as stylish remakes, is beyond me and anyone else.

See what I said above with Star Citizen vibes of someone who hasn't actually played any games or been meaningfully involved with video games for 20+ years until Kickstarter came along.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kanos posted:

Given that Amiico games are specifically required to be extremely basic bare-bones garbage with forced multiplayer, and the project is being headed up by a titanic rear end in a top hat, are you absolutely sure that you really want whatever Earthworm Jim game gets made for it somewhere else?

The requirements are all really weird, there's strong Star Citizen vibes of someone who hasn't actually paid attention to the market since the 90s, but even then seems to only have a cursory understanding of how people actually play video games, then or now.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I think it's about the worst possible time to try to release a piece of electronic hardware without the backup of a major corporation, let alone a... well, y'know, this.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

That's certainly a severe rugpull. Did someone run off with all the money or were they just plain delusional?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Grassy Knowles posted:

Your last sentence belies the jig. Almost everyone in the ultra-niche gaming drama is gross. Gross people recognize they can launder their own images by being involved with taking down someone they perceive as worse rather than in trying to grow in any way.

Anyone familiar with Helldump knows how this goes, indeed. But nowadays you can not only monetise the clout chasing but cancel the competition.