Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

timp posted:

What the gently caress is an AHS news account.

Seriously I read that entire open letter and I'm still not entirely sure what the dynamic is here. They all have unique logos and regional designators? Is it a volunteer fan-based thing, or are they paid affiliates of FX/AHS? Is this common for TV series??

I think those are just fans? The whole world has gone insane and the internet is making it worse lol

E: this poster put it much mor eloquently

killer crane posted:

I think they're just AHS stans, and effectively are free promotion for Fox. They're also the ones seeing internet engagement waning with nothing new coming out. They feel like they've developed a symbiotic relationship with the show, and are threatening to stop that relationship if Fox remains silent about the upcoming season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Drive was stupid.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

That was pretty dumb even by AHS standards. I hope those serial killers had a pre-nup for the correct division of their trophies in case of a divorce.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

The smallpox horror was pretty good. Reminded me of VVitch, but it was probably because of the time frame.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Don't watch the smallpox one before eating.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
The smallpox one is fine but the acting is bad even by AHS standards.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Re: Latest episode

Can we please please have a story where a lesbian couple does not end in one or both of them being killed/dying

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Okay I knew from the beginning that she would have to kill her sister, but
I thought she would get sucked into the mirror, not the sister

I think this was the best episode because it kept my attention.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I called the trick pretty early on, but at least this didn't have anything completely eyerolling. It was a Horror Story set in and about America, it has fulfilled its promise.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I have NO idea how to feel about this night's episode. I feel like they're trying to make another tragic Violet/Tate couple thing to happen.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
God. Garbage #1 Crush I haven't heard that song in ages. I only just started the newest episode of stories, so I have no opinion on how it is yet.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
getting so annoyed at this necophiliac for not even trying to bare modicum to hide her identity. not even hoodie and sunglasses, no haircut, no hair dye i mean, nothing.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Khanstant posted:

getting so annoyed at this necophiliac for not even trying to bare modicum to hide her identity. not even hoodie and sunglasses, no haircut, no hair dye i mean, nothing.

My husband calls me a "recovering goth", - this episode was poo poo just for both of our tastes.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Khanstant posted:

Random people in public would apparently instantly recognize her from a pulled out, black and white security camera footage they saw on their phone weeks ago. So I’m guessing this town either has <100 people in it or there’s an unspoken plot element like that people in this world have cyborg facial recognition software installed in their loving eyeballs. Either way I don’t think a different haircut is going to fool the super detectives at the coffee shop.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Guy A. Person posted:

Random people in public would apparently instantly recognize her from a pulled out, black and white security camera footage they saw on their phone weeks ago. So I’m guessing this town either has <100 people in it or there’s an unspoken plot element like that people in this world have cyborg facial recognition software installed in their loving eyeballs. Either way I don’t think a different haircut is going to fool the super detectives at the coffee shop.

I mean they did a bit of Black Mirror in Aura so why not let them have cyborg eyes.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Honestly not minding this season that much. Lots of losing the plot but pretty solid for trash horror.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Doltos posted:

Honestly not minding this season that much. Lots of losing the plot but pretty solid for trash horror.

Agreed. I like that the anthology-style format doesn't require a lot of investment into an ongoing and worsening plot like the mainline AHS show does.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Feels like the lowest effort stories yet. Most generic ghost-story outline, villain who just shows their whole rear end in one scene to justify their impending death, all in all pretty children's Scary Stories kinda deal. Also lol at this petition to bring down the dam, find it hard to beleive that many people would sign it, especially for the stated reasons by old local coot historian.

Atlanta also had a better episode based on the premise of a town destroyed when a new drat floods it into a lake of local ghost legend.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Khanstant posted:

Feels like the lowest effort stories yet. Most generic ghost-story outline, villain who just shows their whole rear end in one scene to justify their impending death, all in all pretty children's Scary Stories kinda deal. Also lol at this petition to bring down the dam, find it hard to beleive that many people would sign it, especially for the stated reasons by old local coot historian.

Atlanta also had a better episode based on the premise of a town destroyed when a new drat floods it into a lake of local ghost legend.
Yeah. I'm watching the lake one right now and it's exceptionally awful lol. I really can't believe some of the dialog, and it's incredibly cheap. It's so bad it's unintentionally funny.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Jesus Christ

This had the worst acting/dialogue in AHS since the video game episode. That was SO BAD but I was laughing throughout so at least it was entertaining

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 9, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Season 11will be entitled American Horror Story: New York City and premiere in just under three weeks.

I think I passed this person on St. Mark's Place once

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Just Rudy chasing you everywhere.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

That new Ryan Murphy show about Dahmer is dark as hell, as you'd expect. I've only watched the first episode but I just felt so tense the whole time.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDZFK7oFBzY

Guess I'll make the new thread now, as soon as I survive the subway ride home from the leather bondage rave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I was waiting for them to post a story trailer I could link to, but welp