Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i was on my way home for a well/deserved nap but i guess i have to take my kid to the dentist?!? WHAT THE gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

rotor posted:

i was on my way home for a well/deserved nap but i guess i have to take my kid to the dentist?!? WHAT THE gently caress

the kid's gotta go

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

well-read undead posted:

the kid's gotta go

i wanna naaaaaap

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

rotor posted:

i wanna naaaaaap

no i mean get rid of it so you can nap

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ohhhhh

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hmmmmm

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fuckin hell lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

yeah, best to keep em for now i think

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
kid's don't need teeth, it's the future. they can just have virtual teeth

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

get em an apple teeth pro for their birthday, boom dad of the year

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
the mouthset makes them think its solid food

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

the mouthset makes them think its solid food

get the food out of the food bedroom, wake it up, engage it with the mouthset

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff
lados n fellas n all else between and herethere

is there a really awful endgame to being addicted to monster ultra and caffeine in general?

like two cans a day?

i need like, a kick up the rear end to drop this stuff and being told "this is specifically how it is killing you" would be a great starting point

i am so tired

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Expo70 posted:

is there a really awful endgame to being addicted to monster ultra and caffeine in general?

like two cans a day?

i need like, a kick up the rear end to drop this stuff and being told "this is specifically how it is killing you" would be a great starting point

i am so tired

your heart is due to explode 1 year from today unless you stop

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
just stop drinking energy drinks and start drinking water and/or coffee

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

Shaggar posted:

just stop drinking energy drinks and start drinking water and/or coffee

coffee is bitter and nasty and I do drink water, it just doesn't bring me joy

Roosevelt posted:

i got that morning "I have a can of monster ultra for breakfast" habit six years running

my heart feels fine but i am tired always

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

the upside is the sound it makes will probably be pretty funny

Expo70
Nov 15, 2021

Can't talk now, doing
Hot Girl Stuff

rotor posted:

the upside is the sound it makes will probably be pretty funny

: D

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Expo70 posted:

i got that morning "I have a can of monster ultra for breakfast" habit six years running

my heart feels fine but i am tired always

i had the same habit but with beer until my liver failed

recommend lots of water and exercise

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009
fire alarm went off in the apartment building at 4:30 this morning. stood outside for an hour, then went back in and took a shower only to discover there was no hot water. meetings all morning at work. today sucked.

i’m tired, but can’t go to bed before 10 or i’ll be up at absurd o’clock tomorrow and will gently caress up my sleep for the entire weekend.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Expo70 posted:

addicted to monster ultra and caffeine in general

[...]

like two cans a day

[laughs in echinopsis]

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

theres a 50 year old man on these forums with 6 kids who drinks 9 liters of something called Mother Passionberry Breeze a day and you are wondering if you have a problem??

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

post hole digger posted:

theres a 50 year old man on these forums with 6 kids who drinks 9 liters of something called Mother Passionberry Breeze a day and you are wondering if you have a problem??

only if its expired. no good fresh

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

post hole digger posted:

if u got six kids you go right ahead and drink whatever you want, if you die itll be a mercy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Expo70 posted:

like two cans a day?

i am so tired

if you’re drinking full sugar versions the sugar is by far the worst part about it

caffeine is quite fine, except for the best sleep possible you should binge it until like midday and then stop

there’s a podcast by huberman labs and he does a mega deep dive into caffeine and how to make the most of it and avoid the pitfalls if you want to know more

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

post hole digger posted:

don’t doxx every poster in yospos in a single post

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I really need to stop staying up so late

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

who the gently caress is screaming "go to bed'" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never go to bed

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I forced myself to bed earlier last night but I’m still tired, what the gently caress

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
super called and woke me up at 830a to ask to move my car so the wreckers wouldn't damage it (i park next to an abandoned car) and couldnt fall back asleep and boy howdy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

I forced myself to bed earlier last night but I’m still tired, what the gently caress

same op

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

i stayed up too late and i am tired this morning - sometimes, the world just makes sense

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

always stay up late

always be tired all morning

always take a nap

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I’m groggy as poo poo every morning until 9:30 / 10 and I hate it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i drank 6 beers last night and I had such a poo poo sleep, unhappy dreams, lots of getting up to take a leak. a purestrain loser move

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
left my laundry for this morning and I got it done but ugh

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

echinopsis posted:

i drank 6 beers last night and I had such a poo poo sleep, unhappy dreams, lots of getting up to take a leak. a purestrain loser move

i'm sure you know this but alcohol fucks with your rem cycle. it's bad for actually sleeping

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sure is

the problem I guess is that say last night I was driving home and I saw an ad for beer at a bar and immediately I wanted to grab a sixer and my mind immediately and only goes to the positives, the feeling of drowning that first beer, the sense of fun.. but I don’t think about how it’ll make me feel. it’s not like I do think about that but then disregard it, I just doesn’t enter my mind.

for a while a while back I was able to meditate on the hangover enough so that when I thought of a drink I immediately associated the drinking with the hangover and that was sufficient to prevent me from grabbing a drink. but this super power has faded for the time being.

anyway off to buy an energy drink or two 😁😍✌️

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

I saw an ad for beer at a bar and immediately I wanted to grab a sixer and my mind immediately and only goes to the positives,

probably just a coincidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
well it was an ad for asahi and I bought some sapporo so it’s likely ads have the opposite effect