Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
drinking thc is the way to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i've read that a proper dose of melatonin is actually in the hundred microgram range, and i have no idea how true that is, but anecdotally i've tried 500 mcg to pretty much no effect

it definitely does do something though, popping 3 of them would make me real sleepy and have weird dreams

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i took a nap and still tired

if you're looking for a good time waster archive.org is a gem, there's pretty much anything you could possibly want and most of it has a decent browser interface

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://archive.org/details/podcasts

it's there, somewhere

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
idk about that but most magnesium you can buy for human consumption will make you poop

not instantly, though

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

it was on my clipboard lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

ADINSX posted:

we have a new baby so i am tired

upgrade to old baby

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qfFZfzPAOg

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i got like 4 hours of very lovely sleep. then i had to take benadryl for allergies

it's 11 am and i'm very tired

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

President Beep posted:

benadryl is bad news for me. hangover from hell the next day. id rather be tired.

yeah it does make me feel super weird, but it's honestly the most effective way to short-circuit allergies i think (that does not make it good though)

problem is that i become even more useless than normal when on it, and not even a high dose. shaky hands, very cloudy thinking, incredibly shortened attention span, poo poo like that. i really wish there were a better alternative

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

OldAlias posted:

there’s many better alternatives in the form of other antihistamines. hydroxyzine fucks with me much less than benedryl does. I’d rly love to try cyclizine some day but that’s more for junky reasons owing to its synergy with methadone. promethazine is pretty cool but you’ll def still have those side effects lol, but ppl respond differently to different drugs so it might be less bad. doxylamine is another you could try

for allergies one of my prescriptions is for beclomethasane which helps me a lot and doesn’t gently caress with me in the way antihistamines do

yeah i mean cetirizine or levocetirizine works pretty well for me, the problem is that it's slow, and i randomly get very allergic to my dog. sometimes it's the difference between being able to breathe normally and having a hard enough time that i start sweating bullets just trying to

diphenhydramine works within about 25 minutes for me vs. maybe an hour at the earliest for the other two. it loving sucks, but it works

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

some will act like a laxative - don’t get that one

lol glad to see we finally agree on this

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

akadajet posted:

what if I can't sleep because I'm constipated?

eat a bunch of magnesium, you'll poop in your sleep

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i went to bed late, slept like poo poo and woke up early. i hate it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
accidentally took like a 5 hour nap lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
think i'm probably just gonna go back to sleep

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

President Beep posted:

get a job, bum!*

*posted while on the clock

lol

i did get another interview request for *checks email* march 23. maybe i can nap until then

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

George posted:

have you tried changing your diet

no. you try putting clothes on a head of lettuce

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i think because i took two naps yesterday i went to sleep at like 3 am and woke up around 9

still tired. maybe another nap

hail saturday

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i have been drinking more lately but i don't know if me sleeping less is because of that or stress, which is why i began drinking more in the first place anyway

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i am so, so loving tired

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i have reached a level beyond tired

we will call it "II tired"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

i went to bed at like 5am like a moron

why do I have so much energy at that time of the day

every time i do something like this i think about moving to a time zone where i can function like a normal person and wonder if it would actually work

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

nudgenudgetilt posted:

it works for like a week, then you fall back into the goblin schedule

yeah thats been my experience too but i haven't really stayed anywhere outside of the us long enough to figure it out for sure (i think a week isnt really long enough for me to revert)

though honestly the +/- 3 hour difference you get on either coast (or less in the middle) isn't really much. weird how that works

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
nortryptaline made me false positive for LSD

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

gently caress, lsd on a drug test?

yeah it was so that i could be prescribed opiates actually. i think i posted about this before but the false positive made the doctor drop me as a patient

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

InternetOfTwinks posted:

The fact your doctor went out of their way to order the significantly pricier and more pain in the rear end test for LSD just means they're a narc to the point of being a pain in the rear end and you're better off for dropping them. Your average drug test isn't looking for it because it's destroyed extremely quickly in the sample in response to light so you need to keep it in the dark the entire time. At least as I understand the testing methodology.

yeah the guy was an rear end in a top hat but that happened in like 2017

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

it’s a regional dialect

which region

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i've been falling asleep around 2 and waking up at like 5:30. managed to sleep from there until about 8:30 today and some landscapers started blowing around leaves :argh:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
probably shouldn't recommend people take antipsychotics if they don't need them

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
literally the only way i've been able to get myself to actually accomplish anything at like 5 am is by staying up the night before

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
kid's don't need teeth, it's the future. they can just have virtual teeth

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
the mouthset makes them think its solid food

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

post hole digger posted:

theres a 50 year old man on these forums with 6 kids who drinks 9 liters of something called Mother Passionberry Breeze a day and you are wondering if you have a problem??

only if its expired. no good fresh

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Silver Alicorn posted:

I forced myself to bed earlier last night but I’m still tired, what the gently caress

same op

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

i drank 6 beers last night and I had such a poo poo sleep, unhappy dreams, lots of getting up to take a leak. a purestrain loser move

i'm sure you know this but alcohol fucks with your rem cycle. it's bad for actually sleeping

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

well it was an ad for asahi and I bought some sapporo

post hole digger posted:

probably just a coincidence

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005