Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I got about 7 hours of total sleep over the last two nights. I keep waking up at 2AM and I can't get back to sleep.

This is slowly killing my mind and body, and I don't know how to solve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

are you in the US? can you buy melatonin ?

Yes to both. Does that stuff really work? What kind of dosage do I want?

Sometimes I take 12.5mg of doxyamine (half tablet of unisom), and it knocks me the gently caress out. But I wake up groggy and cranky - hard to dad well the next morning.

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 26, 2023

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
Posting to say that I gave up daily weed and booze.

They helped me fall asleep but it was some garbage sleep in hindsight. Been sleeping deeper and waking up more alert since then. :unsmith:

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
feel free to tell him that world-renowned shitposter Poopernickel recommends this method. Going from 2-3 beers a day to 2-3 a week has made a huge difference in my sleep quality.

Turns out I can't keep drinking like I was 25 now that I'm my late 30s. Not if I want to get good sleep.

Poopernickel fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 1, 2023