Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Still some big lols at this logo designed during a 90's k-hole session by a teenager who just found the wordart menu in his copy of office 95. That teenager was not me though I wish it was. Welcome to Serie A 21/22, featuring stars such as a bunch of guys who's names end in "ic" that are treated as the same person by journalists who's publication history include a tweet and a call in to Diretta Stadio in 2014.

Last season Andonio Gondeh led his merry band of shithouses to a title that was certainly not due to Inter's ownership spending incredibly beyond their means and Juve choosing to implode themselves while trying to scrape together the cash to pay for Ronaldo's personal thigh massager. IM scudetto, now IM broke and IM selling all of my players and IM hiring Simone "SPIASSE PER I RAGASSI" Inzaghi in a desperate bid to prop up this house of toothpicks.

Ronald made easy work of the capocannoniere chart with 29 goals, followed by Lukaku with 24. The big surprise of the year was Crotonoe's Simy, who will now play for Salernitana, with 20. Fiorentina's Vlahovic was another surprise especially toward the end of the season; enough that owner Rocco Commisso has put a 100mil price tag on him in the past few days.

We lost Benevento, Crotone and Parma (kum n go to serie B lmao) to Serie B and have gained Empoli, Venezia and Salernitana. Of particular interest is Salernitana, as they are owned by Our Old Friend Claudio Lotito, who also owns Lazio. The league has rules about multiple teams being owned by the same person, but hell, this is Italy, so after a series of sham court cases and appeals, Lotito is being allowed to figure it out by midseason instead of, you know, the start of the season. That's half a season of definitive and obvious match fixing to look forward to! Looking forward to seeing who needs the points more when they face each other in what will definitely be a regular match played fairly.

12 managers have been shuffled around in what we refer to in Italy as the "management waltz". Quite a few big names are making their returns - Luciano Spalletti aka bald Wario will be leading Napoli, Max Allegri returns to Juventus, Jose Mourinho is in charge at Roma and Maurizio Sarri makes his return to Italy with Lazio.

Oh right, over the summer the good lads also did this:

the Juventus players can now officially go back to being the worst cunts on earth who I hate!

Lets meet our friends

Atalanta Bergamasca Calcio
Home City Bergamo
Manager: Giampiero Gasperini
Notable players in: Juan Musso (keeper, Udinese), Merih Demiral (defender, Juve)
Notable players out: Christian Romero (defender, Spurs), Pierluigi Gollini (keeper, Spurs)
Trophies: Coppa Italia [1] 62/63
Last finish: 3rd
When was the last time a team was so reliably in the CL with a bunch of people you never heard of and winning a ton of games by a billion points? Was it Udinese 10+ years ago? They were never spectacular but this Atalanta is. Aside from teh good football, they are arguably the best run club in the country, selling players for a mountain more than they're worth every year and buying players at 50% discounts all the time. I'm waiting for the mountain to fall here but I'm not sure it will. The only stain on this team is the way in which former captain Papu Gomez left midseason, and as it turns out it was mostly because of an argument with Gasperini that nearly became physical and lack of apology.

Bologna Football Club 1909
Home City Bologna
Manager: Sinisa Mihajlovic, though maybe not since he announced he has leukaemia
Notable players in: Marko Arnautovic (striker, Shanghai Shenhua)
Notable players out: Rodrigo Palacio (striker, end contract)
Trophies: Serie A [7] 24/25, 28/29, 35/36, 36/37, 38/39, 40/41, 63/64
Coppa Italia [2] 69/70, 73/74
Last finish: 12th
Bolgona were fine. Honestly I think they were relegation candidates last year until the bottom half of the table suddenly became much worse. Mihajlovic retains his spot and the team replaced Palacio (who is probably retiring or otherwise going for a victory lap) with Arnautovic who you may remember as a crazy person who is always on the cusp of doing a racism.

Cagliari Calcio
Home City Cagliari
Manager: Leonardo Semplici
Notable players in: Kevin Strootman (midfielder, Marseille, I think this is just a purchase after a loan?)
Notable players out:[/b] Radja Nainggolan (midfielder, Royal Antwerp)
Trophies: Serie A 69/70
Last finish: 16th
If Bologna were bad Cagliari were even worse. Complete poo poo in the second half ofthe season (and also the first really) that nearly saw them relegated; blessed by Parma being the worst team on earth. They couldnt' do a deal with Nainggolan so he hosed off back to Belgium and they have signed nobody. Not a good start.

Empoli Football Club
Home City Empoli
Manager: Aurelio Andreazzoli
Notable players in: Patrick Cutrone (striker, Wolves),
Notable players out:[/b] none
Trophies: none
Last finish: 1st in Serie B
Empoli had a pretty great season in Serie B, one could say they easily wrapped up the title but they actually had a bit of a scare from Monza and Lecce toward the end. That said, they haven't really re-enforced the squad that much (yet) and I don't think they have what it takes to do anything but maybe survive. The motherfucker Alberto Brignoli is their starting goalkeeper so he'll probably get another goal against Milan.

Associazione Calcio Firenze Fiorentina
Home City Firenze
Manager: Vinny Italian
Notable players in: Nicolas Gonzalez (striker, Stuttgart)
Notable players out: Frank Ribery (midfielder, end contract), Borja Valero (midfielder, retired)
Trophies: Serie A [2] 55/56, 68/69
Coppa Italia [6] 39/40, 60/61, 65/66, 74/75, 95/96, 00/01
Cup Winners Cup [1] 60/61
Last finish: 13th
Fiorentina had a bit of a time last year, switching managers a few times, but only to return to the original manager by the end of the season. They poached Vincenzo Italian from Spezia to replace Beppe Iachini, who did exactly enough to stay in place til the end of the season. I'll leave the analysis to others here because they will know the deep details but I expect Fiorentina to at least challenge for EL spots this year. Vlahivoc, if he manages to stay put, was on fire at the end of the season when the rest of the team seemed to be in vacation mode. They have the squad to do much better than their last finish.

Genoa Cricket and Football Club
Home City Genova
Manager: Davide Ballardini
Notable players in: Salvatore Sirigu (keeper, Torino), Hernani (midfielder, Parma),
Notable players out: a lot of loan players, as is tradition (Scamacca, Strootman, Zappacosta, Pjaca, Zapata, Perin), Eldor Shomurodov (forward, Roma)
Trophies: Serie A [9] 1897/98; 1898/99; 1899/1900; 1901/02; 1902/03; 1903/04; 1914/15; 1922/34 1923/24
Coppa Italia [1] 36/37
Last finish: 11th
Not a bad finish at all from Genoa, but as is usual they base their squads almost entirely around loans and the financing therein. Something like half the squad is on loan, but they always do this. They sold their most promising player, Shomurodov, to Roma and signed some relative unknowns from Turkey, Mexico and a couple Italian sides. Losing Perin from his loan was bad but they worked quickly to get Sirigu from Torino, so that's not a bad replacement at all. I don't expect anything but midtable from Genoa this season, which is bad for their fans but probably just fine for Our Good Friend Enrico Preziosi.

Football Club Internazionale Milano
Home City Milano
Manager: Simone Inzaghi
Notable players in: Hakan Calhanoglu (midfielder, Milan), Denzel Dumfries (fullback, PSV), Edin Dzeko (striker, Roma)
Notable players out: Romelu Lukaku (striker, Chelsea), Achraf Hakimi (fullback, PSG),
Trophies: Serie A [19] 1909/10, 19/20, 29/30, 37/38, 39/40, 52/53, 53/54, 62/63, 64/65, 65/66, 70/71, 79/80, 88/89, 05/06, 06/07, 07/08, 08/09 09/10, 20/21
Coppa Italia [7] 38/39, 77/78, 81/82, 04/05, 05/06, 09/10, 10/11
European Cup/Champions League [3] 63/64, 64/65, 09/10
UEFA Cup/Europa League [3] 90/91, 93/94, 97/98
Last finish: 1st
Inter won the title on the backs of career best performances from Lukaku, Martinez, Barella and others and now the bald fraud Antonio Conte has left and so have Lukaku and Hakimi so hopefully they gently caress off back somewhere below 4th placed. I'm not mad about it. At all.

Juventus Football Club
Home City Torino
Manager: Max "dai dai dai" Allegri
Notable players in: Manuel Locatelli (midfielder, Sassuolo)
Notable players out: Merih Demiral (defender, Atalanta)
Trophies: Serie A [30 sul campo] 1905, 25/26, 30/31, 31/32, 32/33, 33/34, 34/35, 49/50, 51/52, 57/58, 59/60, 60/61, 66/67, 71/72, 72/73, 74/75, 76/77, 77/78, 80/81, 81/82, 83/84, 85/86, 94/95, 96/97, 97/98, 01/02, 02/03, 11/12, 12/13, 13/14, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 17/18, 18/19, 19/20
Coppa Italia [10] 37/38, 41/42, 58/59, 64/65, 78/79, 82/83, 89/90, 94/95, 14/15, 15/16, 16/17, 20/21
European Cup/Champions League [2] 84/85, 95/96
Cup Winners Cup [1] 83/84
UEFA Cup/Europa League [3] 76/77, 89/90, 92/93
Last finish: 4th
Barely scraped in to the champions league despite Andrea Pirlo's best efforts to keep them out of it. Juve really shot themselves in the foot by keeping Pirlo around for so long; the team clearly didn't know what he wanted and I'm not sure he did either. It was a bad money spinning plan to go along with the Super League horse poo poo. In perhaps the only good move of last season for Juventus, they pulled Max Allegri otu of retirement to wrangle the players back to playing like the ten bazillion euro squad they are worth. Ronaldo seems to be un poquito triste though so who knows. I expect them to challenge for, and hell, win, the title this year.

Societa Sportiva Lazio
Home City Roma
Manager: Maurizio Sarri
Notable players in: Felipe Anderson (forward, West Ham), Elseid Hysaj (fullback, Napoli)
Notable players out: Senad Lulic (midfielder, end contract)
Trophies: Serie A [2] 73/74, 99/00
Coppa Italia [5] 1958, 97/98, 99/00, 03/04, 08/09, 12/13, 18/19
Cup Winners Cup [1] 99/98
Last finish: 6th
Not the best finish for Lazio, who have a pretty good team on paper, but not the worst. The management was enough for Inter to poach Inzaghi from them only for Lazio to really strengthen, in my opinion, by hiring Sarri. Sarri's only got one system but he's got the players to play it in this Lazio squad. They probably need a better center back, and they must be banking on keeping Correa during the window because Immobile isn't going to score all those goals just by himself. I expect the team to be challenging for CL spots. Again this really depends on the players listening to Sarri and doing what he wants. If Jorginho wasn't such a hot property right now I would expect that Sarri would've asked to sign him already.

Associazione Calcio Milan
Home City Milano
Manager: Stefano Pioli
Notable players in: Mike Maignan (keeper, Lille), Olivier Giroud (striker, Chelsea), Alessandro Florenzi (wingback, Roma via PSG)
Notable players out: Gigio Donnarumma (keeper, PSG), Hakan Calhanoglu (midfielder, Inter),
Trophies: Serie A [18] 1901, 1906, 1907, 50/51, 54/55, 56/57, 58/59, 61/62, 67/68, 78/79, 87/88, 91/92, 92/93, 93/94, 95/96, 98/99, 03/04, 10/11
Coppa Italia [5] 66/67, 71/72, 72/73, 76/77, 02/03
European Cup/Champions Leage [7] 62/63, 68/69, 88/89, 89/90, 93/94, 02/03, 06/07
Cup Winners Cup [2] 67/68, 72/73
Last finish: 2nd
The second place finish really hides what was a disappointing season for Milan. Throughout the first half of it, Milan were absolutely dominant. Just beating every team either through ground out 1 goal wins or free flowing football. The team somehow really flourished without fans in the stadium and I think it allowed people like Calhanoglu to really step up and play the games they were hyped to play for so long. Ibrahimovic was his usual self, and Donnarumma probably saved a few matches by himself as well. Milan's sort of rebuilt the squad or at least the bench over the summer, but I'm not sure Pioli is the right man for the job to stay in the CL spots, especially given the competition. He's the "weakest" manager of the top 6 and I'm not sure everyone is going to get on board with his seemingly complete lack of awareness in the second half of games. In any case, we at least replaced Donnarumma with someone who was affordable and supposedly good, and got an actual backup for Ibrahimovic in Giroud. The team should absolutely be challenging for CL spots but may end up back in the EL if things go sour.

Societa Sportiva Calcio Napoli
Home City Napoli
Manager: WaLuciano Spalletti
Notable players in: Juan Jesus (defender, Napoli)
Notable players out: Elseid Hysaj (defender, Lazio), Timoue Bakayoko (midfielder, Chelsea)
Trophies: Serie A [2] 86/86, 89/90
Coppa Italia [4] 61/62, 75/76, 86/87, 11/12, 13/14
UEFA Cup/Europa Leage [1] 88/89
Last finish: 5th
Napoli probably should have finished in teh CL spots over Juventus but Gattuso really couldn't get them over the line and losing who is definitely their best striker (Victor Osimehn) to injury in the beginning of the season was not ideal. Osimehn is the real deal and we saw towards the end of last season what he can do so I expect Napoli to be in those CL spots and maybe even in the race for the title if they can hang on to Insigne.

Associazione Sportiva Roma
Home City Roma
Manager: Jose fuckin Mourinho
Notable players in: Eldor Shomurodov (striker, Genoa), Rui Patricio (goalkeeper, Wolves), Tammy Abraham (forward, Chelsea)
Notable players out: Juan Jesus (defender, Napoli)
Trophies: Serie A [3] 41/42, 82/83, 00/01
Coppa Italia [9] 63/64, 68/69, 79/80, 80/81, 83/84, 85/86, 90/91, 06/07, 07/08
Last finish: 7th
Roma's Fonseca didn't really do enough to put Roma where they wanted to be and the Friedkin family of rich cunts decided to let him go and replace him with known stable and non-demanding manager Jose Mourinho. They'll be without Euros hero Leo Spinazzola for the majority fo the first half of the season and have yet to find a really suitable replacement. I'm not sure Roma is the best environment for Mourinho considering that they always sell their best players and never sign anyone competent to replace them for a few seasons. We'll see how this goes. Abraham and Shomurodov do not seem like Mourinho players to me in the same style as Dzeko would have been but I could be wrong! I will definitely lol at the Conference League debut in any case.

Unione Sportiva Salernitana 1919
Home City Salerno
Manager: Fabrizio Castori
Notable players in: Simy (striker, Crotone)
Notable players out: none
Trophies: none
Last finish: 2nd in Serie B
Salernitana just barely pipped Big Silvio's Monza to the last auto promotion spot from Serie B and promptly got in to a gigantic legal nightmare because Claudio Lotito owns them along with Lazio. Like I mentioend earlier they have some time to figure out how to lie to the government and the league in order to stay registered, and I actually think that Lotito is loving stupid enough to let this deadline lapse and cause a gigantic points deduction getting them immediately relegated. On the pitch they've signed one of the breakout players of last year, Crotone's Simy, to lead the line. They actually have a bit of a decent team with some familiar faces from years past, but I expect them to fully be focused on survival.

Unione Calcio Sampdoria
Home City Genova
Manager: Roberto D'Aversa
Notable players in: none
Trophies: Serie A [1] 90/91
Coppa Italia [4] 84/85, 87/88, 88/89, 93/94
Cup Winners Cup [1] 89/90
Last finish: 9th
Samp finished comfortably mid table and were the best of the rest really, given that Sassuolo and Roma tied on points for the last European spot, if you can call the Conference League that. The evergreen Fabio Quagliarella had some typically stylish goals and the emergence of Mikkel Damsgaard as a key player helped them avoid the troubles of the past seasons where they were kissing relegation. Despite constantly saying he's selling, Massimo Ferrero continues to keep the club. I would say that they are doomed to be worse this year but as long as they hold on to Quagliarella they should be just fine.

Unione Sportivo Sassuolo Calcio
Home City Sassuolo
Manager: Alessio Dionisi
Notable players in: Gianluca Scamacca (striker, Genoa back from loan)
Notable players out: Manuel Locatelli (midfielder, Juventus)
Trophies: None at the top level
Last finish: 8th
Sassuolo were the new "financially stable hot poo poo" team before Atalanta beat them at their own game, and now seem content to just play decent ball and lose against Juve while letting Berardi score 9000000 goals vs Milan in the 5 games he plays a season. Selling Locatelli for a lot of money was probably the best move they could make this season without weakining the squad too much. They've signed one of the many Henriques from Gremio in Brazil as a replacement - we'll see how that works out. Manager Roberto De Zerbi hosed off to Ukraine to manage Shakhtar and has been replaced by Alessio Dionisi, who led Empoli back to Serie A last season. A decent budget choice for sure, and I have a feeling Scamacca will get a lot of game time ths year. If Berardi keeps his form up they could get to the European places.

Spezia Calcio
Home City La Spezia
Manager: Thiago "lmao" Motta
Notable players in: none though maybe I should know who some of these dudes are
Notable players out: Tommaso Pobega (midfielder, Milan end loan), Andriy Galabinov (striker, end contract), Diego Farias (striker, Cagliari end loan)
Trophies: Honorary League title in 1944 (look this up, it's an interesting story)
Last finish: 15th
Out of the three promoted teams last year Spezia looked the most competent, with Vincenzo Italiano leading them to safety above established regulars Cagliari and Torino. Like a lot of promoted teams, their squad was built of a bunch of loans and some stalwarts from Serie B and the time has run out for most of them. Betting on Thiago Motta to bring a new side together is ballsy but I bet wherever the gently caress he was before this paid Spezia to take him off their hands so maybe it was a shrewd move. I think they will be fighting the drop again.

Torino Football Club
Home City Torino
Manager: Davide Nicola
Notable players in: Etrit Berish (keeper, SPAL)
Notable players out: Salihou Meite (midfielder, Benfica)
Trophies: Serie A [7] 27/28, 42/43, 45/46, 46/47, 47/48, 48/49, 75/76
Coppa Italia [5] 35/36, 42/43, 67/68, 70/71, 92/93
Last finish: 17th
Absolute poo poo from Torino last season caused almost entirely by the bumbling idiocy of Marco Giampaolo who somehow made it nearly to Christmas before getting thrown out and replaced with one of Italy's carousel managers Davide Nicola. Only the other teams being incredibly poo poo saved Torino last season, though I suspect they'll be a little less garbage this year. There are more than a few good players on Torino but they ahven't had a decent manager in ages. If they can finish mid table that'd be a good result.

Udinese Calcio
Home City Udine
Manager: Luca Gotti
Notable players in: Marco Silvestri (keeper, Hellas)
Notable players out: Juan Musso (keeper, Atalanta), Rodrigo De Paul (midfielder, Atletico Madrid)
Trophies: None at the top level
Last finish: 14th
Pretty meh season from Udinese last year, largely kept in the papers because De Paul was a hot property for over 2 years. Musso got himself a nice move to a champions league side, which was deserved, though Udinese got Silvestri as a replacement which is more than good for a mid table side. There hasn't been as much transfer activity as usual from Udinese but I expect a mountain of loan deals from the Pozzo empire to emerge as we get toward the end of silly season. As usual the team will look nothing like they did last year so it's hard to predict where they will end up.

Venezia Football Club Srl
Home City Venezia
Manager: Paolo Zanetti (no relation)
Notable players in: Mattia Caldara ( defender, Milan), Gianluca Busio (midfielder, Sporting Kansas City)
Trophies: Coppa Italia 1941
Last finish: Serie B playoff winners
This is it lads, this is the American plastics dream. American owned team in a big tourism city with a really unique aesthetic and stadium, a fantastic kit and at least 2 American players. Get in loving line because that stadium I mentioned only holds abotu 7k people and if they fill it I have a feeling a sinkhole will open up in the middle. Anyway, Venezia are cool and good but they have a big task ahead of them. They've decided to go with the manager that got them here and have splashed some money for new players. As all promoted teams they will be fighting to stay up. Not sure how that will go - I honestly think it will rely more on other teams being worse.

Cagliari still the southernmost team in the league

Where can I watch?

In America
Unfortunately ESPN lost the rights to Serie A in the states and all of the matches (including the cup) are now on Paramount+. Some of you may already havethis for Champions League and Europa League so now you get this too. Supposedly we'll have Italian and English commentary which is kinda neat though.
In the UK
BT Sport appears to have the TV rights!
Anywhere else
In Canada FuboTV somehow wrangled the rights to this, everywhere else just steal it. Hell just steal it everywhere don't pay these loving crooks a dime.

What should I read?

La Gazzetta Dello Sport: Italian sports daily with an English language site that’s been getting better over the years. Most of their news is reliable, if a little later than twitter.

Football Italia: A English language site covering Italian football that updates constantly. Good English language coverage; the writers have started to show their allegiances over the years.

transfermarkt.it: A gigantic real life transfer database, the .it version is in Italian and covers Serie A on the first page, but if you go to the bottom there's a .co.uk version that's in English.

Who should I follow on twitter/facebook
The league itself actually has a very good social media presence, and they post all the time. They post a lot of good pictures and announce important things pretty quickly. They have a great youtube presence as well; lots of old matches and weekly highlights/interviews in English as well as Italian.

Tancredi Palmeri is a multilingual journalist who is mostly worth following during the transfer season for entertainment only; he’s mostly full of poo poo but every now and then he tells a good story about a player or a manager and such.

Gianluca Di Marzio is another good journalist who’s more serious than Palmeri and also has an English section on his website. He’s usually very reliable.

OptaPaolo for stat dorks

Calciatori Brutti, literally “ugly footballers”, is a pretty funny account that tweets a lot of humorous Italian sports things, usually about football. Every now and then they’re serious too. A good twitter account. Instagram as well.

Italian football TV English language guys that have a podcast but also post a lot and generally are funny. Good for media like videos, pictures etc. They have a good insta too.

Roma’s English language account is really good even if you’re not a Roma fan. They’re what everyone else’s social media team wants to be. Other teams have added English twitter accounts but none are as good as Roma's.

What to post about in this thread
Serie A, Serie B, all of the Serie C gironi and Serie D if you are a sadist. You can also talk about the national team, who are current European Champions, or topics related to Italy in general, but lets stick mostly to football.

Supercoppa?
Maybe they'll play it in loving Azerbaijan this year who knows.

Miscellaneous Important Things

In conclusion, as always

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odZeT8T88f8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIGJwz8OFPI

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I somehow forgot to put Hellas Verona in the team section

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Mourinho probably agreed to manage Roma because he thought Totti was at the right age to hit his peak

I also forgot that Thiago Motta was managing, lmao

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Forza Palermo!!!

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
*solemnly* fratelli....d’italia

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Is there a place to see the match highlights where it doesn't spoil the final score in the video description. I love serie a but YouTube does this and it winds me up.

I realise I could Google this in seconds but wanted to post itt to say I spoke to my dad the other day about a lot of things that had been going on and mentioned that one of my earliest memories was of spending every weekend at his divorced dad pad and watching Milan on football Italia while he worked out on his homemade weight bench in the middle of the living room. He didn't realise I remembered it and he got all teary. What I'm saying is this league brings families together and every true Italian itt gets one free slur of their choice

the sex ghost fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 20, 2021

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

the sex ghost posted:

Is there a place to see the match highlights where it doesn't spoil the final score in the video description. I love serie a but YouTube does this and it winds me up.

I realise I could Google this in seconds but wanted to post itt to say I spoke to my dad the other day about a lot of things that had been going on and mentioned that one of my earliest memories was of spending every weekend at his divorced dad pad and watching Milan on football Italia while he worked out on his homemade weight bench in the middle of the living room. He didn't realise I remembered it and he got all teary. What I'm saying is this league brings families together and every true Italian itt gets one free slur of their choice

I actually don't know where you would find this tbh; the league does it's own highlights package and posts it on their youtube. ESPN used to have match highlights in the US but even then navigating to them meant you saw the result somewhere. If you find something spoiler free that'd be great and you should post it.

That is a heartfelming story though op. I am going to use my slur to call someone an r word later.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Juve merda

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

belgend posted:

Juve merda

:hai:

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
You guys take care of my boy Lozano, and my baby...*checks birth certificate* Vásquez.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Page 1 to say that I can’t wait for all the Milan transfer rumors to fall through but I am excited about the start of the season.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Buffon made his return to Parma tonight, a 2-2 draw with Frosinone on the opening day of Serie B. I didn't see any of it; I wonder how he played.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Buffon made his return to Parma tonight, a 2-2 draw with Frosinone on the opening day of Serie B. I didn't see any of it; I wonder how he played.

A Parma supporter Twitter account I follow made it seem like he kept them in the game with a lot of big saves, and that he was melting down at his defenders pretty much all game for their terrible marking

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

mods please make a volleyball ronald gang tag and give it to all the juve lads

thank in advance

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i think busio will be good for venezia, but i'm also very stupid so who knows

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I for one am glad I don’t have to pay attention to Serie B for a season.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Uhhh op I have scrutinized the op and you seem to have made a clerical error on the number of Juventus titles

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Uhhh op I have scrutinized the op and you seem to have made a clerical error on the number of Juventus titles

I'm only counting the ones sul campo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm only counting the ones sul campo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIhNLhaVqzk

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Chievo is officially dead; the deadline has passed to even register with Serie D. It’s unknown whether anyone will try to resurrect them in the future but the team as it was known doesn’t exist anymore.

I was having a lol about it til I read Sergio Pelissier’s note on Instagram which was sad, just saying that it was the saddest day of his life. Now I’m upset because he is a good lad who means well.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Chievo is officially dead; the deadline has passed to even register with Serie D. It’s unknown whether anyone will try to resurrect them in the future but the team as it was known doesn’t exist anymore.

I was having a lol about it til I read Sergio Pelissier’s note on Instagram which was sad, just saying that it was the saddest day of his life. Now I’m upset because he is a good lad who means well.

Yeah, he apparently was trying to organize a new ownership group, but couldn't find investors. Maybe by next summer they'll be ready to restart in Serie D.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Calhanoglu with a goal and an assist in his first match. Fucks sake.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Pretty decent first day! Torino arent total rear end which is a nice surprise.

Also this

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

did the guy who sang bella ciao to announce his lazio signing play? how did the supporters react?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Doctor Teeth posted:

did the guy who sang bella ciao to announce his lazio signing play? how did the supporters react?

Hysaj and yes. I don’t think anyone did anything to antagonize him or if they did nobody showed it on tv. He played fine.

I honestly think that Roma fans will give Pedro more poo poo for going to Lazio than Hysaj will get from the ultra morons.

sur le web
Oct 23, 2020

Gigi Galli posted:

Still some big lols at this logo designed during a 90's k-hole session by a teenager who just found the wordart menu in his copy of office 95.

rip for what could have been (a giant black helvetica neue 'A' on white background).

all I want from this season is for Milan to win the scudetto and Ibra to jokingly kick Giroud in the head during training

edit: also that's a good opening post. thank you!

edit2: if I played Football Manager every year and not every 5th year (because I don't like what it does to my life) I would absolutely do a Venezia save this year.

sur le web fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 22, 2021

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ronald isn’t starting today and Sky Italia are already throwing rumors around that he asked to be on the bench because he’s expecting transfer offers to come in. I think it’s mostly horseshit but honestly Juve should entertain getting rid of him.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I think Ronald leaving would be best for everyone involved, but who will take him?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
the red cards are flying today

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/forzajuveen/status/1402965796758884358?s=21

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Simone Poodoin posted:

I think Ronald leaving would be best for everyone involved, but who will take him?

psg ofc

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

PSG has all the money in the world, but even they have to hit a limit eventually?

Go Atalanta

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Big lol considering what happened today

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Bright start here

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Lol @ that sequence. Love seeing a keeper scramble and get caught out then fouled then see an open goal shot hit both posts.

All terrific stuff.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

grvm posted:

Lol @ that sequence. Love seeing a keeper scramble and get caught out then fouled then see an open goal shot hit both posts.

All terrific stuff.

Quagliarella hitting both posts? Definitley lol'd.

Maignan seems pretty good so far. Good long range distribution and solid reaction saves.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

PSG has all the money in the world, but even they have to hit a limit eventually?

Go Atalanta

they're replacing ffp and guess who is the head of the ECA and on the uefa executive committee?

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I was never a big Hakan fan, just seemed to static.. slow...
I know it's only 33 min in but I like Brahim better as a 10 all ready.

Did we just extend the loan or did we get an option in there?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

grvm posted:

I was never a big Hakan fan, just seemed to static.. slow...
I know it's only 33 min in but I like Brahim better as a 10 all ready.

Did we just extend the loan or did we get an option in there?

It's an additional 2 year loan, no option

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
Happy with that. First half good, second half less good.

Positives:
Brahim - looked active, would like to see the stats on his dribbles.
Maignan - Good display. Only one or two eccentric moves spring to mind
Center backs looked good and confident

Not positives:
Didn't look great in the 2nd half
Our boy Olivier Giroud doesn't look like he's going to score a ton, but with a lively midfield behind him that could be fine. Still looked pretty good, esp back to goal imo.
Would love to see Leao finally click. He's always on the cusp of doing something, but seems to just not quite get there. Some dangerous moments though.
Theo - not a good day for him
Classic 2nd half fade

Anyway, i'm excited for this season. A clean sheet away from home is a great way to start the season. I think Pioli is doing well and I hope he can make it click in Europe and against the bigger sides in the league.