Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay, so you know how I've spent the last month going "I DUNNO GUYS, I REALLY THINK THEY SHOULD DO A TRIOS MATCH WITH PUNK FIRST"

Takin' my L. I'm takin' my L. That was fuckin' stupid. All Out is gonna loving rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

TV Zombie posted:

Did you toxx this? I hope it was for recaps of shows.

No, I finally learned my lesson on that. :laffo: I only toxx when I'm dead-rear end certain, now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okay gently caress it I'm gonna get sappy for a second. Don't blink.

CM Punk in a roundabout way is one of the guys (along with Bryan) that got me into wrestling. They were both already retired at the time but going back and seeing their work made me see what this art form was capable of at the absolute best and it made me fall in love with it. And I've always wanted to see Punk come back even as it became increasingly clear that was never gonna happen. And in the last year, I've had some. Pretty poo poo times (I'm okay now). But even when I felt at my most depressed and rejected and unwanted by this country and this world and the people around me and just absolutely crushed by this pandemic, this fuckin' wrestling company, AEW, was something that was always there for me, every Wednesday, just to give me some stability and all of you fuckers have been there for me too, even when we were getting into slap fights about Naito and Kenta.

And this guy. This guy struck the chord that created the spirit that would form the movement that made AEW a possibility. I completely and fully believe that if this pissed off guy doesn't sit cross legged on that ramp and rant about all the poo poo that his stupid loving bosses are doing that pisses him off, we don't ever get here. WWE stole him from us, but he's finally back. He's the patron saint of AEW and he's finally home.

God dammit. I love professional wrestling and I love all of you.

Also, Bryan next month! That'll be cool.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

For real though just close your eyes for a sec.

Now imagine pandemic wrestling without AEW.

Yeah, it's scary, right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jonny Nox posted:

crowd was DEAD for the main.

still invested, just exhausted.

Yeah I think Mox and Garcia were there too. They didn't phone it in but it was pretty clear that they were like "okay, everybody's just about done here, let's take it to the barn."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1428932113106042888

lol maybe not seeing Punk in New Japan.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1428932447845060616

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

flatluigi posted:

i do wonder if danielson's pop is going to be bigger, and if they're going to keep it a surprise or tease it hard like punk

Do the same thing again for Danielson for Grand Slam. Change the name from Grand Slam to The Final Countdown, if you gotta.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

punchdaily posted:

It's not that the pop was big and loud, it's how sustained it was, and how when he was leaving a big chunk of the crowd was singing "Cult of Personality"

They popped when the music hit, they continued popping, then when his name showed up on the tron, they somehow POPPED AGAIN, even louder, in the middle of their first pop. I've literally never seen anything like it.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 21, 2021

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Easily my favorite ~15 minutes in wrestling ever, from pre-entrance to exit. Can't change my mind

OH, CAN'T I?

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1428975797256265728

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I have absolutely no feel for the ratings, god bless those of you that do. :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sticklefifer posted:

Did Punk and PAC ever tangle in WWE? Either way, a match in a non-WWE style between them would be amazing too.

Nope, Neville got called up the night after WM31, well after Punk was gone, and although Punk dipped into NXT once or twice I don't think he ever wrestled there.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Good company.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really want to see something completely different from Bray Wyatt and THE FIEND. I hope Rotunda, whatever he goes by, just completely reboots himself.

He's a smart guy who can connect with a crowd. The work is a question mark but for someone like him is less important anyway.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DLC Inc posted:

we all thought Malakai Black was gonna be a disaster after his weeks of Lore Twitch Streams and then he debuted perfectly, I'm not too worried a guy who has a pretty good ring presence and excellent talent on the mic will have trouble. i tlooks like he's already thinking about what's next, from what those new pics have shown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgtv8PWdeIQ

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

You fuckin' tell 'em, buddy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I demand you all stop making fun of Rarity for stuff that isnt related to Sanada losing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/georgemalik/status/1429815196910964737

Coward Tony, run Little Caesars.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1429835835923341327

Eyes emoji.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

the lust for number gets me through the day

Such a lust for number!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dynamite fans.......we've lost......

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Destroy My Sweater posted:

lol Dynamite's going to beat RAW when football starts

Somebody find out when Real Housewives fucks off.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Nick Jr. Face posted:

new avatar when

Got mine right here. :smug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Yaya posted:

I did not take the bet because I am a big fan of my avatar and did not need a CM Punk one but holy loving poo poo I would have lost.

I thought even with the hype there was zero shot in the death slot of beating Dynamite. Now CM Punk faces his greatest test this Wednesday: Taking 18-49 viewers away from The Challenge.

Real Housewives.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

Not every big name main eventer needs to hold the title.

This one should. Because it would make a lot of money.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So.

Wednesday.

Highest rating ever?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Yeah, MJF feels way too big for the TNT title (as much as I'd like to see the Burberry Nightmare TNT belt)

No such thing imo.

But I do worry that MJF doesnt wrestle often enough for the TNT Title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dude, the segment with the crew from Road to Dynamite is so loving great.