Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CM PUNK
This poll is closed.
CM PUNK 47 25.68%
CM PUNK 41 22.40%
CM PUNK 71 38.80%
CM PUNK 24 13.11%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm so happy for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sugar Blaster posted:

y'all i wanna call that a once a decade wrestling moment but we still have loving dragon at grand slam to freak the gently caress out over so i don't even know anymore with this company. just happy to have been along for the ride so far and stoked to see where the next year takes this amazing promotion.

What you're witnessing, what we are all witnessing, is the resurrection of American wrestling. A company came along created by folks who grew up with it, tired of never seeing it and deciding to give it a platform again. It has drawn in people who don't want to end up in WWE and it has drawn back folks who have been beaten up and spit out and abused by this business. It's a really wonderful thing to watch. And we're just getting started.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm honestly interested in seeing the crazies who somehow think tonight was bad or AEW is just a WWE ripoff or whatever other crazy things they spout. Or is this the thing where finally no one can say a bad thing about it? lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This is all of us

https://twitter.com/tde_gif/status/1428915501267312643

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It doesn't really matter if CM Punk had great matches or amazing promos or memorable moments. Because he did. And so did hundreds of others before and after him. What makes Punk special is that he tapped in the frustration of wrestling fans with WWE. He was picked as basically the avatar of this feeling of what wrestling could be.

When he got signed to WWE there was hope that he'd break out and make it as a big star despite what happened to so many others. When he made it to the top and did the pipebomb promo it felt like for the first time someone was voicing the frustration we all felt. But he still didn't get treated like the big main eventer we wanted him to be and then the company beat him down during his time there and afterwards.

Him coming back tonight felt like the final turn in the story where you are proven right. You were right to believe in wrestling and people like Vince McMahon and all of his evil were wrong.

Sorry feeling philosophical tonight.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

my wife isn't into wrestling and had laid down before the show but came out when the show started to watch with me. She watches Dynamite and Rampage with me because she said she likes seeing me so happy

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

Calling way back to this, but two things: 1. Shard, aren't you the other 35-year-old Sting mark ITT? If so :wcw::hf::wcw: and 2. After all these years, you've made me realize what made CM Punk in WWE click with me immediately. And that's as someone who had only heard and seen a few things about him in ROH..

gently caress yeah - I've been a little Stinger since day 1

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So between B/R Live not working right not and Fite's vpn issues I hope this doesnt hurt the buy rate for All Out

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I find this man so charming. Him and his squeaky voice.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I fast forwarded that, it was so bad lol

It was good OP

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I saw this was number 2 so I wanted to find number 1. Lol it's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByAXCjqBzLg&t=104s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Can we also just give a shout out to that great line from Kenny saying he knows this whole night was set up for him but Christian ruined it?

He's so good at being up his own rear end. Frankly he's so good at everything.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AnthonyOgogo/status/1428905138446602241?s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol loving got em

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

If the choices were between "tour with your long-term partner and get pushed as a big deal the way you should be", and "be just another guy in a sinking ship developmental brand that we've already told you doesn't want people your size and is going to be completely restructured soon", he'd either have to be an idiot or they'd have to offer him Lesnar levels of money to stay.

There are a few people I can see credibly beating Miro. Archer lost his shot but I would've bought it, and Brian Cage is in that position too - big guys who have also demonstrated they can be beaten, so they could drop it to PAC or someone like that after a few months.

But nobody should take the TNT belt from Miro right now. At least until toward the end of the year. He JUST got the Bulgarian themed belt last month.

But have you considered I really like Eddie?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Cameo posted:

Never underestimate the power of Vince pulling a Vince Mind Trick on a guy, I imagine that was the real reason Cole got a meeting - they don’t have real plans for him, but they know if he went anywhere else he’d be a bigger star than they’ve ever made him within a week. So have Vince convince him that they’ve got big plans for him, the biggest, he’s gonna be on 7-11 cups and on billboards and they’re totally not gonna feed him to Roman or Olmos or whoever becomes Vince’s latest “this is my surefire meal ticket” blind guess from a group of guys whose defining traits are “is tall, has muscles”.

If Adam has a brain, he would have made his decision the moment he saw Hunter’s power in the company just vaporize, because it’s doubtful there are people beyond Hunter and Shawn (and the assorted NXT agents and Regal) who are in his corner. But if you asked the Good Bros they’d still probably blame Heyman over Vince for their releases. Wrestlers aren’t known for having the greatest expanded awareness of things.

At this point I don't think Vince or the company looks at people as being their next meal ticket or the big thing. I honestly think they just churn out as much content as possible because in the company's entire history they make more money now from other businesses than they ever did from fans.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Big Queefy posted:

CM Punk believes in Tony. If that isn't enough to convince cynics. Good luck to them.

Great avatar/post combo

At this point I don't think Tony will ever win over WWE fans. They are crazy. But I think he will make new fans and bring back lapsed fans. But he will never convince those crazies that love The Brand tm

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Also it's really hard for established people to actually go down. I can't really think of any examples. Because even when I think of a bad feud or a bad run I can think of a later example for them that just bounces them right back up.

Case in point - established guy: Sting. Bad run from TNA - WWE. Bounces right back right away - Goes to AEW.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

yea ok posted:

dave says the prelim ratings are phenomenal, in top 10 markets rampage was up 57% (1.16m viewers, .46 18-49) but it includes chicago which did a 1.14 18-49 lol. nationals will be lower but Phenomenal. monday number soon, men 😤

num-ber, num-ber, NUM-BER, NUMBER!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

STONE COLD 64 posted:

why isnt this the punksport pagoda yet

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I miss Brodie

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

80s tough

https://twitter.com/PAvalon/status/1429464539691634701?s=19

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Brodie should be here

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gavok posted:

Question: should I make a "So You'd Like to Get Into AEW" megathread? A multi-post FAQ thing with wrestler profiles, lists of matches to check out, etc?

:justpost:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

TWO loving snaggles?! Heck yeah pupper

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I will pop for Sour Boy every time especially when it makes everyone corpse.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

God there are so many matches I want to see that they haven't gone through yet. I want to see Miro face Kenny, I want to see Hangman fight Punk. Jesus they have fresh ppv quality matches for years!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Stroker Ace posted:

I think I’m about to buy those pollen Jordan 1’s that Kenny had because I have incredibly poor impulse control.

I could not care less about shoes so I don't get it - BUT if you have the money and it would make you happy get it. You can't take it with you, you could die tomorrow and now is the only time that matters.

The pandemic has taught me that the best time to do anything is now as long as you can afford it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

shiksa posted:

its not his fault

Uh-oh spaghettios.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Were there any Danielson or Cole teases on BTE this week?

No but there was a funny bit at the beginning of the Young Bucks and Kenny being upset at Punk being so popular and wanting him to wrap it up as soon as he got in the ring lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Renaissance Spam posted:

What is life, but a journey from Number to Number?

I can't wait to find out my final number

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Punch McLightning posted:

Don't forget to set up your new BR account by tomorrow to keep your AEW PPVs you've bought.

link please

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've tried signing up on BR and I've tried going to the B/R Live site but it just points me at the app. How do I link my account so I can watch the old PPVs I ordered?

Thanks!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

You're the best. I got it working and see my old events

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Renaissance Spam posted:

All's I'm saying is 24.

24 is good. But have you thought about 72?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Post number face

https://twitter.com/Shard01464880/status/1429897302936899593

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/kombatliberlism/status/1429880078968700941

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/SonnyKissXO/status/1429910980214022145